• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dominos Pizza Charge for Parmesean Cheese now...and other bs condiment prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is the price to be paid to make up for their 7.99 large pizza plus 3 toppings deal, but isn't this kind of ridiculous? A single packet of Parmesan cheese is now 50 cents extra. It seems like this is a growing practice among most fast food chains. Nickel and diming their customers for condiments that used to be free. When do people draw the line at this crap? Am I overreacting, or are they overreaching?

You're overreacting, but they're overcharging. If you don't like what they're doing don't buy pizza from Dominos - simple as that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Reminds me of this scene in Do the Right Thing.

do_the_right_thing.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Let me guess OP, you are so angry at this you will no longer be tipping the delivery boy, that'll sure show that greedy corporation!!!

I guess this is the price to be paid to make up for their 7.99 large pizza plus 3 toppings deal, but isn't this kind of ridiculous? A single packet of Parmesan cheese is now 50 cents extra. It seems like this is a growing practice among most fast food chains. Nickel and diming their customers for condiments that used to be free. When do people draw the line at this crap? Am I overreacting, or are they overreaching?

OMG FIFTY CENTS? What the fuck? Revolution time.

Plasmid

Start buying pizza at grocery stores, much cheaper.

Although premium chicken, bacon sausage and bell peppers is a godsend of our new vegetable overlord.

iirate

As a Domino's employee, let me clarify. First, it's fifty cents for 4 packets; if they charge you by the packet, I'd complain. Second, this isn't new - pretty much all of the employees that I know of (myself included) have been resisting this change since it was implemented over two years ago, simply because it's less stressful to be bitched out by your supervisor for not charging, than it is to have to deal with a mob of pissed off customers that don't understand that I have nothing to do with the price hike.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've always expected to pay more for parmesan packets or dipping sauces when I get pizza. This is why I buy a huge ass can of parmesan; to have it on deck when I order pizza.

Kintaco

I had a similar experience with Taco Bell last night, although it was a bit different. I noticed their taco sauce packets were only about half full of what they normally were before. I thought for a second that the packet I opened had a leak of some sort, but nope the other packets were just as anemic. Pretty lame shit if you ask me.

Not shocked....don't really care in general...the price is about in line with other addon items at fast food/takeout places. I'm not mad.

lunchtoast

As a Domino's employee, let me clarify. First, it's fifty cents for 4 packets; if they charge you by the packet, I'd complain. Second, this isn't new - pretty much all of the employees that I know of (myself included) have been resisting this change since it was implemented over two years ago, simply because it's less stressful to be bitched out by your supervisor for not charging, than it is to have to deal with a mob of pissed off customers that don't understand that I have nothing to do with the price hike.

I've never ordered from a Dominos that charged for packets. I have you to thank. Do you make pizzas for yourself? I bet you make pizzas with mad toppings cheesy as fuck like in a Goofy Movie.

Chris R

I've never ordered from a Dominos that charged for packets. I have you to thank. Do you make pizzas for yourself? I bet you make pizzas with mad toppings cheesy as fuck like in a Goofy Movie.

I made pizzas in a Sam's Club cafe for a little while (would fill in during the night shift whenever their employees would call in sick) and loved making my "own" pizzas. Extra cheese and toppings galore!

RevDM

Banned
I made pizzas in a Sam's Club cafe for a little while (would fill in during the night shift whenever their employees would call in sick) and loved making my "own" pizzas. Extra cheese and toppings galore!

Perhaps you can answer something since Sam's and Costco are essentially the same business model. I usually order an all veggie pizza from costco and once asked them to put extra veggies because they never put enough, and they said that everything is pre-weighed out and they can't add anymore. is this true?

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I have never heard of a pizza chain doing this. If I went in to pick up a pizza and asked for parm and peppers and they told me I'd have to pay, I'd demand a refund and never order from there again. That's like McDonalds charging for ketchup, or Popeye's charging for hot sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom