• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dominos Pizza Charge for Parmesean Cheese now...and other bs condiment prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDM

Banned
I have never heard of a pizza chain doing this. If I went in to pick up a pizza and asked for parm and peppers and they told me I'd have to pay, I'd demand a refund and never order from there again. That's like McDonalds charging for ketchup, or Popeye's charging for hot sauce.

Oh is that what you would do?

*reads thread title*
*orders dominos*

I'm so pathetic. Luckily I managed to rope my housemates in. Two for Tuesday!
still a rip off

iirate

I have never heard of a pizza chain doing this. If I went in to pick up a pizza and asked for parm and peppers and they told me I'd have to pay, I'd demand a refund and never order from there again. That's like McDonalds charging for ketchup, or Popeye's charging for hot sauce.

Demand, really? I can tell you that acting big is NOT the way to get good service at a pizza place. A couple of weeks ago, a woman came in upset because she wanted a small pizza, and the driver that took her order didn't know about the special that she was asking for, and sold her a large one instead, thinking that he was saving her money. She had found the special she wanted after placing the order, and decided to come in and make sure we understood how outraged she was.

Now, if she had given me (the manager on duty) time to speak, I would have apologized for the inconvenience, and given her the order at the price of the small special, as well as thrown in a side of something, or if she couldn't wait for that, a drink of her choice. Instead, she demands a refund, and I oblige her, taking her pizza back in the process. She then curses at me in front of another customer, saying that it's "fucking bullshit" that she won't have lunch before work now. I asked her to leave the store.

I can tell you that no one behind the counter at a fast food place cares where you get your food. That being said, a little courtesy will go a LONG way in these situations, as pretty much anyone that I work with will go above and beyond for a customer that feels wronged and is courteous about it, but will do the absolute bare minimum for anyone that starts treating them like shit.

Nice post, and there is a lesson to be learned there and it doesn't matter if you're buying pizza or buying billions from a company like mine.

You'll catch more flies with honey, simple as that.

Our largest global customer's COO treats me with respect if we need to discuss issues in our process. He gets what he wants because he understands humans make mistakes and just wants what he is owed.

We have another large one with a shit dick ceo who regularly calls my employees assholes even if his company made the mistake.

I answer the call for #1, everytime.

Chris R

Perhaps you can answer something since Sam's and Costco are essentially the same business model. I usually order an all veggie pizza from costco and once asked them to put extra veggies because they never put enough, and they said that everything is pre-weighed out and they can't add anymore. is this true?

False. At least it was for Sam's when I worked there (I quit Feb08 I think). There were buckets of the different toppings, and different sized cups. 1 Pizza = 1 scoop of toppings, except for Pepperoni, you had to lay that out in quadrants to make sure you got the exact number of slices on the pizza. So if you got the chicken bacon ranch pizza (godlike!) you got 1 scoop of bacon bits, 1 scoop of chicken, and 1 scoop of cheese.

GavinGT

Banned
At the Domino's I work at, we don't even carry Parmesan because it costs like ten times as much as red peppers. The company is in deep financial trouble, so I can't exactly blame them.

lunchtoast

Also, what's the deal with Pizza Hut's $10 for any pizza? They still charge you extra for stuffed crust and extra cheese, pack of cheapskates.

M-PG71C

Dominos? You poor bastard, you should have just cooked a decent frozen pizza and buy your own cheese, it'll be cheaper and taste 100X better than that crap they serve.

And I love fast-food crap, I live at Mickey D's damnit!

That's pretty low-ball in my opinion, but whatever. I would just buy your own parm at the store next time and keep it around. It'll be cheaper, and likely, superior to what they have.

What's with the dominos hate? I remember when they had 555 deals, it was a life saver for parties and club meetings.

Not the best pizza around, but big fucking deal. Grub is grub.

Qatar

why do you need to put parmesan cheese on your pizza? it already has cheese on it

omg, are you xzibit?

jokerserious.jpg

bozeman

At the Domino's I work at, we don't even carry Parmesan because it costs like ten times as much as red peppers. The company is in deep financial trouble, so I can't exactly blame them.

Yeah, that (not the financial trouble part. Domino's business has been up huge in the past couple of years and the store I work at just did it's highest volume week in it's history).

My boss stopped carrying parm years ago after a customer followed a driver all the way back to the store and requested more of it. I handed him about 8 more packets and he said he needed more. As I was getting more, my boss comes over and asked what he ordered. It was one pizza and he already had about 16 packets. Boss said that was more than enough for one pizza and the customer said "well, I like to have them for when I make pasta and stuff." Boss took all the parm back and said "topping your other dinners is not my responsibility." Since then he's never ordered the packets again. At the time he told me the packets cost him about 9 cents each.

HOWEVER...this week Domino's is doing a soft launch of a couple new products: Stuffed Cheesy Bread and Parmesan Bites (commercials will start airing next week, I think). We have a shaker of the same parm that comes in the packets on the counter to shake over the Bites when they come out of the oven. If a customer asked me nicely, I'd gladly sprinkle as much as they want over their pizza before giving it to them/delivering it. By the time you get it, the parm will be nicely hot and melted (well, as melted as that kind of parm gets).

I had the redesigned pizza this past week. Large two topper for $8 or something. While the crust was much better, the overall package was still subpar.

Their American Legends pies are amazing though.

Anyway, sucks to pay for this stuff for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom