• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

Mortemis

Banned
This conference would've been ok in my books since we got P5, but shit.

I'm still shook over DQ. Fuck this so much.

Sorry guys, I'll rant just a bit longer until I fall asleep.

biteren

tumblr_mjbv6vWRAt1r61n5oo1_400.gif

mao2

The Toro theme for PS4 is the best thing in the show! Dragon Quest Heroes was also totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise.

Ultimadrago

- PS4 YS
- PS4 Persona 5
- Bloodborne date
- Harada in Idolm@ster shirt selling VR perv nonsense.

Everything went a little better than expected.

Westlo

lol people bitch about where the japan games at and they announce clearly the biggest ps4 japanese game and bitch about that lol.

acting Like a proper DQ11 would be ready for next year anyway, this is just like Hyrule Warriors, a stopgap except it will sell in Japan since zelda aint shit compared to dq over there

JoJoSono

Banned
ITT:

Westerners bitching about a conference geared for a COMPLETELY different region/ demographic.

That DQ musou will sellllike brand new Jordan's laced with crack.

But not all Dragon Quest spin offs sell that great.

Musou's been on a huge decline.

This is'nt some for sure hit.

And it's also on PS3. Like pretty much everything announced. There is a version on a system that Japanese fans actually have.

KiTA

Oh okay DQ Musou. Sweet.

There's no way they'd put DQXI on the PS4 when it's only sold 600k in Japan. But this is a good sign for future DQ games on the PS4. Hope it does well. I'm hyped.

Hm. This also kinda kills the idea that DQ11 is coming out on the PS4, doesn't it? We know DQ11 is in development and if it was something they could show (and by now it's probably at least got a cutscene or intro they can show) and was on PS4, they would have.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ys and Persona on PS4 was my favorite part of the whole thing, although I thought they showed plenty of awesome games for the Japanese market.

I'd love it if Sega realized that there are a lot of people in the US (and other non-Japanese speaking countries), that would really like to play all those fucking Yakuza games they refuse to localize...

Anyway, I'll probably still end up getting Ys on the Vita, but hell, I'll double dip on the PS4 too! As for Persona 5, my heart is racing just thinking about it. Dragon Quest Musou is a huge deal for Japan, I think. DQ is not a joke over there, even a Musou spinoff. I can see PS4 sales picking up steam over there because of DQ. More than anything, I think this could pave the way for a mainline DQ to end up on the PS4 as well. Sony really needs to get on Square Enix and Sega to bring Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter to the Vita as well. I wasn't paying that much attention to this conference, but it seemed solid enough for me. Plenty of titles that, if localized, I'd snatch up real quick.

Imouto

Banned
I love all those people who have no interest in Japanese games and whine about no games that they like in Japanese conference.

JoJoSono

Banned
lol people bitch about where the japan games at and they announce clearly the biggest ps4 japanese game and bitch about that lol.

acting Like a proper DQ11 would be ready for next year anyway, this is just like Hyrule Warriors, a stopgap except it will sell in Japan since zelda aint shit compared to dq over there
Yeah it's going to sell great............

on the PS3.

co1onel

IIRC, I don't think Gravity Rush 2 was shown during the main conference last year? I'm holding out that it'll still be shown this year.

Shinta

Banned
So ... my feed was a bit blurry ...

but the graphics on that Dragon Quest game looked pretty damn awesome.

I mean, it looked like DQ XI.

orioto

Good Art™
About the DQ game,

Just to say there is something terribly wrong with the way japan videogame industry reads the market.

This is the kind of game that not only would have sold potentially better on Vita, but could have push it to the moon, especially with some minor social/multi ala monster hunter elements.

Those kind of missed opportunities are just sad. It's like they decide randomly. A 400$ (maybe 350 when it's released) PS4 won't be saved by any game of this genre. While a cheap, already pretty popular and "japan compatible" Vita could use that as it's big definitive push.

And in general, the lack of Vita focus here is so terrile. It's like Sony doesn't get what's happening in Japan,they don't want to plainly assume that the Vita has 50 times more chance to bring money than PS4 there, the market has shifted..

That's also sad for something like Disgaea 5, which i'm pretty sure would sell better on Vita. Even persona 5.

It's like Sony has a system that can be a sucess, but prefer to ignore it to have an international strategy, while ignoring how Japan works now..

Lol at people complaining. If you like Japanese games, these were all great announcements. Oh and fuck FFXV by the way.

Ys, Persona 5, dragon Quest , SILVER PS4, not enough for you? People would have preferred yet another trailer of FFXv a game announced three years ago instead of new announcement wtf?

But not all Dragon Quest spin offs sell that great.

Musou's been on a huge decline.

This is'nt some for sure hit.

And it's also on PS3. Like pretty much everything announced. There is a version on a system that Japanese fans actually have.

Is it? I didn't see a PS3 logo at the end, only the PS4 one.

Was there one?

So all in all, a decent conference. Ys, Bloodborne release, P5 PS4, and a ton of games that the Japanese market may be interested in.

That DQ trailer still feels like SE twisting the knife a bit, and I'm not sure if this is what Japan needs to get the console market moving again, but I can't say the conference was terrible. Except the very end. Damn you, SE.

wbEMX

Gotta love one's isolation to find a string of words not abiding to their comfort grammatical structure as amusing.
Do you feel good?

Just wow. That comment wasn't even meant to be negative, but okay. If you say so. I just found it slightly amusing, nothing more, nothing less.

Top Bottom