• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference (Asia Session) dated for September 16th

35s2D2D.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will host its annual post-Japan session pre-Tokyo Game Show SCEJA Press Conference (Asia Session) this year on September 16th from 14:00 to 1?:?? Hong Kong/Singapore time (find your local time), as revealed on the Playstation Asia Facebook page.

Like those held in years past, the press conference will host the latest in Asian/Chinese/Korean localisation of Japanese games, along with some possible announcements that may elude the Japan session press conference that is held earlier.

The event will be live streamed. A link is as shown below :

http://asia.playstation.com/sceja-2015/index-en.html

Notable announcements from last year include Monster Monpiece sequel, sales graphs and pie-charts for the Asian territories and more.

Read more at : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1052184991480839

raven777

Are they getting exclusive games or would it be the same games that would be revealed on the 15th?

It's mostly going to be about localization announcements of already announced games for Asia regions.

Don't expect something major if you are not interested in Asian localization.

It was bound to happen since it has been happening for a while, but I don't think the conferences were this close before (right the day after main conference)

This is the first time (as far back as I recall) that the Japan conference is so late though. Normally it's 1-2 weeks ahead of TGS, not 2 days.

Tizoc

It's mostly going to be about localization announcements of already announced games for Asia regions.

Don't expect something major if you are not interested in Asian localization.

Thanks.
Best of luck for Sony in the Asia region.

ZhugeEX

Banned
It was bound to happen since it has been happening for a while, but I don't think the conferences were this close before (right the day after main conference)

I said it would be 16th because that's my birthday so hoped it was the same day haha

Sometimes these Asian ports get English subs, so this is at least slightly relevant to me. Oh how I wish I knew about Aquanaut's Holiday for the PS3 back when the Chinese version came out. Could've nabbed myself a copy for a sensible price instead of being shit out of luck, unless I want to resort to spending upwards of £200.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Time to rename the thread Nightengale! No one cares about Sony press conference. Just September birthdays in here from now on.

Btw, for those of you in Asia, Knights of Valour comes out for PS4 on the 15th of September. Recommend you check it out.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus registered the domains atlus.asia, atlus.tw, atlus.hk and atlus.sg recently, so I'll be looking to this conference to see if anything comes out of those.

wapplew

Just localize every game showed yesterday!
Also Persona 5 in Chinese since P4G have Chinese localization.

ZhugeEX

Banned
There is rumours in China from a retailer that PS4 will get official price cut from 2899 RMB to 2199 RMB.

Retailers are already selling PS4 at 2499 RMB as part of a promotion.

If this rumour is true then we could see it announced today. Especially after Japan price drop yesterday.

But we'll see.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be surprised if they drop prices in some of the Asian countries. No one talks about it but the PS4 already had a price reduction from SG$639 TO SG$569 for the standalone console earlier this year. I believe Malaysia also had a price reduction? It was too expensive anyway (US$499 or so at launch time SGD to USD conversion rate) when they launched. Malaysia's price was even worse.

Anyway, not sure whether I can watch this live yet but more Chinese localisations would be good. Now if only they actually have more stock in Singapore. The Chinese versions are always quite limited in stock.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Won't be surprised if they drop prices in some of the Asian countries. No one talks about it but the PS4 already had a price reduction from SG$639 TO SG$569 for the standalone console earlier this year. I believe Malaysia also had a price reduction? It was too expensive anyway (US$499 or so at launch time SGD to USD conversion rate) when they launched. Malaysia's price was even worse.

Anyway, not sure whether I can watch this live yet but more Chinese localisations would be good. Now if only they actually have more stock in Singapore. The Chinese versions are always quite limited in stock.

Yup, UK and Japan have had price drops.

Middle East and Asia had price adjustments.

Top Bottom