• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen cast: Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis and more

DieH@rd

Banned
Not 100% lifelike, but very very impressive animation and detail.

I am very happy that Hamil and Rys-Davies are in, but I hope they will add Malcolm McDowell. :D

Spaghetti

great cast. lots of good character actors, but i guess that's a default considering the king of character actors gary oldman is in there.

UrbanRats

Never been particularly impressed with star power in general, let alone in games.
I mean the script likely won't be particularly interesting, so who cares?

Aselith

That's actually pretty sad.

They don't have enough people working on the game and constantly put them in development hell, but then they blow their money on star power for voice acting?

If the people working there weren't pissed, I do wonder if they are now.

What development hell? The game has shown a lot of progress.

PFD

I thought this was a space MMO? What's with the Holywood cast?

Also, Davos Seaworth is the big news here

Now that the hard part of super graphics and voice acting is done, they only have to make some content like actual 100s of planets and missions and locations. Easy!

Parsnip

Judging by some of the posts in this thread, seems like a lot of people don't have any idea what Star Citizen and Squadron 42 even are. Like, at all.

Nzyme32

I thought this was a space MMO? What's with the Holywood cast?

Also, Davos Seaworth is the big news here

Squadron 42 is the single player component, similar to the old space games Chris used to do. Pretty sure Hamil was in one of those..

But yeah, Liam Cunningham (Davos) is great. Everyone seems to be skipping over him

Judging by some of the posts in this thread, seems like a lot of people don't have any idea what Star Citizen even is. Like, at all.

Pretty much. They probably don't know what Wing Commander is

Squadron 42 is the singleplayer campagin, which afaik is pretty much its own game now

Are they releasing separately, or together? Would make decent sense to release S42 first, then use those profits to finish up Star Citizen (assuming they need the money, of course).

barit

Wow that's some hell of a cast. Ben Mendelsohn was GOAT in Bloodline. Time to save some money to build a new PC in 2016 I guess lol

Nzyme32

Are they releasing separately, or together? Would make decent sense to release S42 first, then use those profits to finish up Star Citizen (assuming they need the money, of course).

The backers will get everything - but they just mentioned they might split up Squadron 42 from the rest later on, since they are both bigger than they were expecting originally or something

PFD

Squadron 42 is the singleplayer campagin, which afaik is pretty much its own game now

Star Citizen is the space MMO. Squadron 42 is the single player campaign.

Edit: Not fast enough.

This is for Squadron 42, the SP part.

It will have a persistent universe for multiplayer but it also will have a wing commander like single player.

Squadron 42 is the single player component, similar to the old space games Chris used to do. Pretty sure Hamil was in one of those..

But yeah, Liam Cunningham (Davos) is great. Everyone seems to be skipping over him

I had no idea the game had a singleplayer mode. What's the entry price for that?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Gary sounds pretty hoarse. Wasn't that impressed by his performance.

Cast is rather all-star, but I'm not impressed by a ton of celebrity voice actors. They're normally always quite good, but not that much better than quality voice actors, and they cost a hell of a lot more I'm betting.

DieH@rd

Banned
Gary sounds pretty hoarse. Wasn't that impressed by his performance.

Cast is rather all-star, but I'm not impressed by a ton of celebrity voice actors. They're normally always quite good, but not that much better than quality voice actors, and they cost a hell of a lot more I'm betting.

They are not only voice actors in this game. They just show video of the mocap sessions. All actors were on set and in funky motion tracking suits/head cameras.

B2Z0ovc.jpg

Hamill and Serkis have done video games before (Hamill as the player in Wing Commander IV (?) and Serkis as Saveedro in Myst III). Great cast.

Aselith

I had no idea the game had a singleplayer mode. What's the entry price for that?

I don't know that they've set pricing for separate modules and I'm not sure that they will be doing that. It might just be a package price for Star Citizen to get everything.

Things were separated out in the Kickstarter rewards though iirc so it may end up being purchasable as a separate thing.

Top Bottom