• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

cdyhybrid

My Protoss is weaker than my Zerg but it's still around Plat level. I can help you with it, just not tonight.

That's fine. I got demoted to Gold and I'm probably only still that high because my mechanics are better than the silver/gold guys I play. My knowledge isn't up to par yet. PvT is a little puzzling as well. I was advised to go Nexus first but in the lower divisions like this it seems too dangerous since so many people go for early pressures or just straight one base play.

Vaporak

That's fine. I got demoted to Gold and I'm probably only still that high because my mechanics are better than the silver/gold guys I play. My knowledge isn't up to par yet. PvT is a little puzzling as well. I was advised to go Nexus first but in the lower divisions like this it seems too dangerous since so many people go for early pressures or just straight one base play.

You can open Nexus first and come out ahead as long as the Terran didn't decide to cheese you before scouting it. But I wouldn't suggest Nexus first to someone still trying to learn Protoss, it depends very heavily on being able to read your opponent correctly.

cdyhybrid

You can open Nexus first and come out ahead as long as the Terran didn't decide to cheese you before scouting it. But I wouldn't suggest Nexus first to someone still trying to learn Protoss, it depends very heavily on being able to read your opponent correctly.

Yeah, after talking with Corran I'm gonna go with 2 Gates and a Robo before I expand. Of course, I did that, and just lost to a 1-base Thor/Ghost rush with all his SCVs pulled. Good times.

mcrae

why am i pming panda my contact information? i dont want to subscribe to any pony joke texting service or something here

Vaporak

Yeah, after talking with Corran I'm gonna go with 2 Gates and a Robo before I expand. Of course, I did that, and just lost to a 1-base Thor/Ghost rush with all his SCVs pulled. Good times.

2 Gate Robo is a good learning build because a fast obs for scouting can help make up for your lack of reading ability, and is helpful against cloak builds and drops. After you get used to how PvT works and are more confident in your micro though you should start practicing 1 gate expo.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is this a bug for anyone else? My chat channels wont expand(open or whatever you want to call it) after a game unless i open up my friends list first.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Arena - Player List:

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
Leenock, Naniwa, DongRaeGu, Mvp, Huk
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Violet, Ret, Thorzain, Pomi, Socke, Sjow, Grubby, Merz
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
Nestea, Parting, Losira, MarineKing, Oz, STC, Ganzi, San
North American OQ Top 8
Drewbie, Ddoro, Sheth, SaSe, Axslav, Artist, Minigun, DDE

Toronto, Victory Cafe, 4pm-10pm, Feb.26th, BARCRAFT:

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Meet at this Tim Hortons at 3pm.

scogoth

Teamliquid Page

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
North American OQ Top 8

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
caderyn / Silversun
Ricon_small.png
- did anyone tell this guy? If not, I'm not expecting him to show.

Silversun is not coming

hoverX

Teamliquid Page

MLG Providence '11 Top 8
ca.png
, MC, Haypro, Idra
European OQ Top 8
Korea/Taiwan OQ Top 8
North American OQ Top 8

Going:
Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

scogoth
Picon_small.png

mcrae
Zicon_small.png

TheNiX
Ticon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

Maybe:
caderyn / Silversun
Ricon_small.png
- did anyone tell this guy? If not, I'm not expecting him to show.

Wow, I'm surprised how many SC2 players in here are from Toronto!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
All he had to say was use our internetz, sc2 only.

Instead he made it seem like Pandora was gonna leak their info for hackers or something lol.

They could just slap some internet viewing password on there and just add half a dozen sites that have been requested (ie neogaf and google) or something like that

but this is just easier

Zzoram

I just had a stupid PvP.

The guy does a 4gate, I do 3gate twilight, infinite FF my ramp, get to DTs, run them to his base, he leaves the game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
'Pro'. He looks like a B- teamer to me.
Lost to July and Anytime way way back years ago. No thanks. It's all minor stuff and he got one round into the GOM Season 2 thing.

That comment he said is correct though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
As a Terran player, which players did you admire the most?

(T)Midas, (T)BoxeR, (T)Fantasy, (T)Canata and (T)Flash.

If you had to pick one or two out of the bunch?

(T)Fantasy and (T)Flash because they both practice really hard and play really well.
(T)Flash is a God and God is imbalanced. I actually practiced with him.

Could you describe (T)Flash? Why do you think he’s so dominant despite having relatively lower APM than other professional gamers?

(T)Flash just has a way to design the game before the game starts. He will plan all of his moves before and execute it flawlessly. He is a really nice person outside the game.
I support this guy.
How did you get into SC2?

Even when I was studying I felt like I had something missing. I missed that feeling Brood War gave me. I remember seeing SC2 and seeing all these players like (T)MMA who is a close friend of mine I used to play with who wasn’t even that good. It lit a competitive spark in me again.
OH SHIT. SC II PLAYERS ON BLAST.
There is a bigger emphasis on control and micro management.
Yes.
Favorite new unit?

The marauder.
Scum of earth bionic loving Terran

cdyhybrid

SotG/Twitch killing eSports.

It is widely accepted that SC2 is an easy game and not as mechanically difficult as Brood War. For that same reason, many Brood War players/fans and even SC2 players believe it is too easy and makes the game less exciting/challenging. Do you share this notion? Do you find as much enjoyment playing SC2 as you did playing Brood War? What about watching?

The interface of SC2 definitely makes it easier for everybody. I don’t have to baby sit all of my units and buildings, and it’s a lot more user friendly. I don’t think it’s an easier game though. I was one of those people who thought SC2 would be so easy compared to BW. When I was first playing I was surprised by how fast paced the games were. There is a bigger emphasis on control and micro management.

Snap, son.

Top Bottom