• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Hey bros, I have a friend who is learning the game and he'd love to get some tips/insight. He has the starter version so can't join us in the gaf chat, but I do have a replay of a game we played
http://www.mediafire.com/?y6kww47awcrhzdv

plus you get to see my PRO protoss skillz. Anyway, he'd love to get some constructive advice. He's not at a point where build orders can be worked on, and as you'll see this is more mechanics and Terran specific stuff based

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Huzzah disc 1 of Legend of Dragoon done, 9 hours in and 3 more discs to go! lulz.

There is option to upload VODs to youtube via twitch but they only upload 2 hour portions...wish they told me that so now my youtube has like a 2 hour vod followed by a 7 minute vod lol.

Maybe Ill ladder some tonight ^^

This week Off the Record guest is no other than ST_Bomber. He and his teammate ST_Legend will do a show match!
http://www.gomtv.net/gsltalkshow/
that will be funny lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't think I've ever seen such a crisp stream in my entire life... 60fps@1080p, on Twitch? What the fuck.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I don't think I've ever seen such a crisp stream in my entire life... 60fps@1080p, on Twitch? What the fuck.

tRzO5.png

Mystery

So far I've seen him win a TvT with a ghost drop, 2 TvTs with Thor drops, and a TvP with a PF rush with the loading capacity upgrade.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol absolutely amazing! I'm saving all of these btw!

Zen

Banned
Hey hombres, hypothetically speaking, were I to stream my games sometime when others were around, would I be able to get some constructive criticism? I've been stuck struggling at mid-high diamond forever, and I'd really like to improve, but no amount of stream watching, day[9] viewing seems to help thus far.

If anything I just want to be good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thats kinda what we did prior. Thursday (or was it Tuesday?) was tourny night and used GAF night for some misc. games that cant get in on other night. Then maybe like one game was played at later time due to scheduling.

Part of the fun for me on gaf tourny was the live aspect of everyone watching, game filled with obs etc.

we can still do that, nix just may not require people to play at certain times.

so if on friday 5 matches are willing to be streamed, those 10 people can all play in order while you stream.

Striek

Hey hombres, hypothetically speaking, were I to stream my games sometime when others were around, would I be able to get some constructive criticism? I've been stuck struggling at mid-high diamond forever, and I'd really like to improve, but no amount of stream watching, day[9] viewing seems to help thus far.

If anything I just want to be good.
I'd watch and critique.

zargle

I might join you guys for the GAF night and it'll be my first time. Are all leagues welcome?

Of course! But we will make you play Shake. And then make fun of you. Then ask about your soccer skills. Then you'll be okay because you cant be worse than Jason.

If we get into playing real matches, you can play me. I was a Silver, like ten months ago. I'm now very much Copper league because I haven't played a real match in ten months.

Lol sure but I'm probably more like mid plat level lol. I just assumed you guys were all masters for some reason. I recently just came back to Starcraft 2 lol.

zlatko

Banned
The D3 thread is moving lightning speed for me to keep up with. :p

I'll retreat to good ol SC2 GAF for making work go faster with some light browsing.

Anyone here have photoshop skills and a few spare minutes to help a brotha out? :O

Yoshichan

Sorry to disappoint ._. I am no dubstep master!

Snowman

Been messing with some 2 gate expand builds against zerg lately and it's amazing how often zerg see the pylon block at their natural and expand to their 3rd blindly.. And then as soon as I scout it I just 4gate and kill them, is it really that hard just to send an ovie or a drone to make sure your opponent is ffe-ing? xD

Yoshichan

What?! WHY :_:?!

The fervor you have for these games. I think it is more that I don't understand how you can operate. You seem to get less sleep than Corran. What else do you do?

Yoshichan

The only thing I've done for the past year is work, play games and GAF :3. I rarely sleep or spend time at bars/clubs~ ♥

jasonng

lOAXv.png

Got to sit this one out again. Been extremely busy lately. Sucks too because this will the last Gaf Night before we lose the majority of us to Diablo 3.

Then again, if all of us convert then Gaf Night would just take a different form.
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Star Strikers>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>
<Macro Micro>
<Photon Cycles>

Stream: www.askcorran.com

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Any gaffers going to the Red Bull Battlegrounds in Austin, TX memorial day weekend? Me and a friend picked up a couple of tickets for both days, PM me if you want to meet up.

Top Bottom