• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Panda is MINE, let go!

Deadman

The removal of the islands is sad, it was a unique feature amongst todays pool of tournament maps. It could have created some cool strategies. Does anyone remember in the gsl open season 2 finals where mkp went for the island expansion on scrap station and was going for a huge 2/2 marine drop timing attack but then nestea nydus'd and baneling busted him just in time to win the game? That shit was awesome and we need more of it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You need to step it up and become more undercore like Yoshi and I by posting in there more!

@Panda How can you resist a sexy Blizzard game? Plus, doesn't the thought of being on Inferno difficulty with yoshi and myself on mumble as we listen to him rage and can HEAR the keyboard break, just sound too alluring to pass up?

Ill be getting it at launch. And if sc2 gaf will accept me back I will join you chums for some normal difficulty one hand on the mouse one hand on a beer play through!

Also, for the sake of lists!

Diablo I
Diablo II x5 (have them all on my b.net acct too)
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction x4, 3 on my b.net account, 1 sitting in its box unopened, bought last week)
Diablo III
Starcraft
Starcraft: Brood War
Warcraft III
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade (bought for me by the hackers that hacked my WoW account)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King(bought for me by the hackers that hacked my WoW account)

Striek

Diablo 3 beta was not good :\

I'd say y'all would come crawling back quickly, but the hook of Diablo-esque games reminds me of gamblers at pokie machines. 90% of the loot will be worthless, 9% will be repaints and anything actually worthwhile will be acquirable only through dumb luck and endless playthroughs. Now theres even more randomness in Diablo 3 than Diablo 2, might lose some of you until HoTS :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Diablo 3 beta was not good :\

I'd say y'all would come crawling back quickly, but the hook of Diablo-esque games reminds me of gamblers at pokie machines. 90% of the loot will be worthless, 9% will be repaints and anything actually worthwhile will be acquirable only through dumb luck and endless playthroughs. Now theres even more randomness in Diablo 3 than Diablo 2, might lose some of you until HoTS :p

Well HotS beta will be in like 1-3 months so people will swarm *pun* back. Diablo 3 will just be my random I need a few hours to kill game.

Another 2 hours of Legend of Dragoon done tonight. Quarter of the way through disc 2...weee

I think Im ladder tonight and stream it too :p

Corran Horn

I just got an 18 or older warning on your stream, whatsup with that :eek:

I put it on since splinter curses alot.

lol
yTgwB.png

Striek

Wheres America?! Chart must be biased against reality.

Edit: Lol at their chart for prize money by race; Terran 54%! Buff Terran!

Corran Horn

Off the Record with ST.Bomber stream up.

Has a showmatch with ST.Legend (GSL English Observer) tonight.

lol
Artosis: "So you were in estro, who was the most handsome foreigner on the team?"
Bomber: "Tyler"
Artosis: "Oh noooo that backfired on me"

lulz

Sliver

Bomber is the most humorless one so far, Legend is making up for it at least.

BboongBboongPRIME was a pleasant surprise on OTR for me.

Mairu

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-and-kespa-announce-exclusive-multi-year-partnership/

New York – May 11, 2012 –Major League Gaming (MLG), the world’s largest competitive video game league, and the Korean eSports Association (KeSPA), announced today an exclusive multi-year global partnership that will bridge the Western and Korean StarCraft worlds. As part of the collaboration, KeSPA players will compete in MLG events—marking the first time in eSports history that KeSPA players will participate in video game tournaments in the United States.

The partnership will kick off at the MLG Spring Championship in Anaheim, CA on Saturday, June 9 at 9pm PT, when KeSPA Pro players will compete in a StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty exhibition tournament. Participants will be selected from the top KeSPA teams; the players will be announced in the coming weeks. Spectator Passes for the event are now available online. For those not attending in person, the expo match and the entire Spring Championship will be broadcast LIVE online via HD streams at www.majorleaguegaming.com.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with the most prestigious eSports league in the world, and feel our partnership will forever change competitive gaming,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO of Major League Gaming. “KeSPA has long been a true leader in this industry and has been instrumental in its success, and this is just the beginning of our work together. We look forward to continued growth and expansion in the years to come.”

“We are pleased to join with MLG to bring the best players in the world to the international stage,” said Lee Young Hee, President of KeSPA. “Together, KeSPA and MLG are building the global future of our sport.”

Corran Horn

Curious to see how this does for MLG. They moved away from exchange program to arena stuff to now doing more exchange stuff.

Sliver

Pretty awesome, I'm guessing it will be Flash, Bisu, Jaedong (not sure how much SC2 he's playing, doesn't even talk about it), and probably the SKT1 players that have been playing a lot.

Getting sick of the constant blue balling of the MLG guys on Twitter, constantly dropping references and saying "TL/Reddit will be blown away, hold onto your butts!"

Wow, MLG going balls to the wall. I must admit, I thought IGN would be the company securing major deals like that. It makes sense though, considering MLG's partnership with GOM ended awhile ago.

An exhibition tournament sounds like a good idea. No need putting them in the open MLG bracket and having Destiny beat Flash

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can you imagine?

Incontrol defeats Flash in the MLG open bracket.

The internet would explode.

Wedge7

Expected, but still, pretty damn awesome.

Agreed that its great that their giving them their own mini little tournament, segregated from the main pool.

Striek

That hardly seems as impressive as the tweets were making out. Didn't we already know that BW players were going to have a showmatch at MLG?

Keikaku

If there is a hell for Platinum League, I have arrived there.

I lost to a Protoss doing a 5-gate all in after I had Stim and Concussive Shell because I went back to save my base, forgetting entirely that Terran building can fly. It took about 10 minutes after the initial fight for me to die completely too, which just made it worse. I then had a Zerg try to 1-base Nydus me with Roaches and it took me 15 mins to win that game out due to Baneling land mines and me not scanning like a good Terran.

Son of a bitch.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Platinum felt like the most unfun league to be in. At least in bronze you could do stupid shit and have fun, and in masters you play relatively skilled opponents that are satisfying to defeat.

Plat victories felt like "Yay I played less retardly that than guy did wooo."

Keikaku

Platinum felt like the most unfun league to be in. At least in bronze you could do stupid shit and have fun, and in masters you play relatively skilled opponents that are satisfying to defeat.

Plat victories felt like "Yay I played less retardly that than guy did wooo."
I am at the point where I know just how bad I am and it's starting to really grind my gears. I have to keep pushing though >.>

Top Bottom