• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V datamining: Dhalsim, "FAN", "TUT"; Maybe: Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
yeah... about that...

34lYBuN.jpg
I see Dan and Sakura are in the right folder.

Rocwell

I think the question we should be asking is what's in that EMP folder? What do Triforce and the fgc illuminati have to do with sfv?

I think the question we should be asking is what's in that EMP folder? What do Triforce and the fgc illuminati have to do with sfv?

Just some files that promise you Fight Money, but you never actually get it.

kinda makes sense... Karin's manservant officially sponsored by EMP

buv4wXF.jpg

Damn, and all this time I thought Chun Li was the first female fighting game character.

From my understanding Fan wasn't controllable in the first game.

And, when you could controller her in the second game, it was no longer a one-on-one fighting game...it had turned into a beat em up style game.

There was also another game called Typhoon Gal which was 1-on-1...but it was only 1 player (and it feels more like a beat em up, since you can walk up and down).

So Chun Li might be the first PLAYABLE female in a 2 player competitive, one-on-one fighting game.

But, then again, there's that bonus mode in the original Double Dragon for NES where 2 players could pick Linda and fight each other in a 1-on-1 mode. However, that's a bonus mode...and in that bonus mode you could only do mirror matches. Linda could only fight another Linda.

So, maybe Chun is the first playable female in a competitive 2-player, one-on-one fighting game who could fight against men?

I dunno...it gets complicated...

AdaWong

I will NOT stand for all this Viper hate. She's the best female character and one of the very few anti-heroine characters Capcom has created who is also a MOTHER and she deserves nothing but respect.

Respect Maya.

The models are super nice, I'm currently trying to extract one of the stages.
I think, looking at the assets both London and Karin's stage seem to have walls which are able to be broken expanding the stage similar to the china stage, which I have not seen in any current gameplay.

MUkNCpy.jpg

The models are super nice, I'm currently trying to extract one of the stages.
I think, looking at the assets both London and Karin's stage seem to have walls which are able to be broken expanding the stage similar to the china stage, which I have not seen in any current gameplay.

MUkNCpy.jpg

UE Viewer has trouble with the static basemeshes on the stages... but if you find a solution let us know. I'm curious as to what the statues in the NZL look like.

UE Viewer has trouble with the static basemeshes on the stages... but if you find a solution let us know. I'm curious as to what the statues in the NZL look like.

I can import the mesh to max no problem. The issue is every all the static mesh is at zero in the scene. recreating the level in this fashion would be too much of a hassle. I'm looking for another way
b4S0fml.png

FSLink

Banned
Oh my God...I hope the 6 in this leak (There are 6 right? BSN is just Bison(dictator), NKD is Mika's partner etc) is real. My top 4 most wanted characters are all listed!

The files are real, we'll just wait and see if those 6 end up being the final 6 actually released since things can change.

ALX = Alex, GUL = Guile, IBK = Ibuki, JRI = Juri, BSN = Mike Bison/Boxer, URN = Urien. FAN is speculated to be Zen, maybe renamed.

And of course NDK = Nadeshiko/R.Mika's tag team partner.

Lulubop

Oh my God...I hope the 6 in this leak (There are 6 right? BSN is just Bison(dictator), NKD is Mika's partner etc) is real. My top 4 most wanted characters are all listed!

No Bison is Boxer, and the other character is Guile. Mika's partner is just an alt or something bruh. It's six characters and it's not just a coincidence

The files are real, we'll just wait and see if those 6 end up being the final 6 actually released since things can change.

ALX = Alex, DSM = Dhalsim, GUL = Guile, IBK = Ibuki, JRI = Juri, BSN = Mike Bison/Boxer. FAN is speculated to be Zen, maybe renamed.
Well if they have already finished the character meshes, they probably will be the next ones. Even lists the triangle count.

Lulubop

ALX = Alex, DSM = Dhalsim, GUL = Guile, IBK = Ibuki, JRI = Juri, BSN = Mike Bison/Boxer. FAN is speculated to be Zen, maybe renamed.

You mean Urien, Sim is in the launch roster.

decoy11

These files really interest me in what story mode could be like.
PFRFV9t.png

Kmwaro1.png

SKSkBct.png

Story mode isn't just arcade mode anymore it is going to have dedicated matchups in a story otherwise why have part select?
The lock icon could be for parts you haven't gotten to yet or I'm hoping for DLC story content.
Singleplayer is a massive part of gaming not everyone is going to just play street fighter versus.

"Is it just me or does the 5th one look a bit like the back of Adons head?"

Honestly, I see more Adon (the flat hair silhouette, the pose in a way with the arms up in a faux muay thai stance) than anything. I don't see how anyone sees Juri at all. That said all of those assumptions, outside of Balrog, ignore the possibility of the silhouettes being new characters.

ALX = Alex, GUL = Guile, IBK = Ibuki, JRI = Juri, BSN = Mike Bison/Boxer, URN = Urien. FAN is speculated to be Zen, maybe renamed.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised and upset that Akuma is not in that list.

Maybe he'll still be a secret character at launch? Would this be the first SF game in ages to not have him as a secret opponent?

Zerojul

Honestly, I'm a little surprised and upset that Akuma is not in that list.

Maybe he'll still be a secret character at launch? Would this be the first SF game in ages to not have him as a secret opponent?

First time since "vanilla" SFIII it would seem.

Top Bottom