• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

TreIII

wsippel said:
Triforce was a rather obscure board. Only very few games used it, and most of them were based on Nintendo IPs. I guess this new board has much better chances, now that Naomi is dead. It's probably one of the cheapest arcade boards these days, and makes it very easy to port the games to the leading home console.

At this point, the main enemy it stands to have, in the "low-end arena" has is the System 246/256 (which is PS2 hardware, basically! :lol).

246/256 will basically taper off as devs FINALLY start having the heart to leave the PS2 generation behind them, and look to this Wii board as a means to continue their game, plus pretty much guarantee perfection once console port is in their sights.

But again, what I'm probably most looking forward to, is seeing if the fact that Wii Hardware is going to arcades, may mean the effective resurrection of 1:1 games in arcades again. With WiiMotionPlus over the horizon, and possibly an arcade-version equivalent on the way too, now is definitely the IDEAL time to really kick-start this genre once again.

Any way, arcade-perfect port of TC, here we come... :D :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ookami-kun said:
http://**********.com/?p=57657

It seems like it's not a "Wii-compatible board", but rather, a "Wii arcade board". Nintendo made it for Capcom (and other companies) to use.
:lol Oh my god, Nintendo thinks of everything. I bet you that Dragon Quest Arcade game is also going to turn out to be running off of it, and use the e-Reader Mach2 to allow the cards to still work.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
wsippel said:
Triforce was a rather obscure board. Only very few games used it, and most of them were based on Nintendo IPs. I guess this new board has much better chances, now that Naomi is dead. It's probably one of the cheapest arcade boards these days, and makes it very easy to port the games to the leading home console.
and yet, that mysterious wii arcade board may still be triforce2, for all intents and purposes. the original triforce was an industrial-chassis, industral-medium cube with doubled main ram. i wouldn't be surprised if the new board was something along the lines of, again, an industrial chassis and medium wii with doubled main ram.

Tenbatsu

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's Kotaku, who also said that TvC is PS3/360 graphics worthy.

And Tre said to me that rumors say that it's in Wii because of motion support.

Boss Doggie

So they're planning on five movies eh?

And I find it funny that PTX-40A hasn't been shown yet.

Also, with Daimaoh already in the site, does this mean that they acknowledge the fact that he's announced, meaning that we'll get new characters in TGS?

Boss Doggie

Courtesy of the_shift in SRK:

Hey guys,

I thought I would let you know that Japanese retailers are starting to post up pre-order listings for the game with these specific facts...

A brief explanation of how the game is played. 16 or more characters. (We know 17, so they're not giving us the golden ticket of information here sadly.) Specifically mentioning Ryu, Morrigan, Gatchaman Ken and Casshern as playable characters. Home version mini-games. And a mention of Hakushon Daimaou's appearance.

Another listing I found has a basic description of the game, and then lists a "partial character list" in this order: Hakushon Daimaou, Yatterman, Doronjo, Tekkaman, Gatchaman Ken, Casshern, Ryu, Chun-Li, Rock Volnutt.

No one mentions anything about wi-fi. I wonder what's going to happen when everyone realizes this probably wont be a online game and there's no GameCube controller support. Pandemonium.

Boss Doggie

Oh right, I think I saw it in the Wii reel.

But this means TvC is getting good amount of preorders yes?

Netto-kun

Looking at the japanese Amazon "current best seller" list, it's ranked no. 203 in overall games (all platforms), no. 20 among Wii games, and no. 1 among fighting games for Wii.

No idea how many preorders TvC is getting at the moment, at least it's getting more then Bleach: Versus Crusade (well, I preordered both:D )! And I forgot to mention that Amazon Japan wont ship TvC outside of Japan, so here's hoping that Play-Asia will do a reasonable price for importers.

Edit: Oh yeah, the "current best seller" list seems to take consoles/accessories/and so on into account as well.

Netto-kun

Well, you can just ignore them. Both "reviews" are questioning why this game is for the Wii. One review is also saying that it should've been for PS2/PS3, and hoping for a PS3 version. :p

Boss Doggie

Probably the niche group lol Or even possible, non-Japan users?

I've also seen said comments in the 2ch site.

Ookami-kun said:
Courtesy of the_shift in SRK:

No one mentions anything about wi-fi. I wonder what's going to happen when everyone realizes this probably wont be a online game and there's no GameCube controller support. Pandemonium

So online/GC controller support isn't in there for sure? The first sentence leaves open a possibility but the second just kills it...

TreIII

Companion Cube said:
So online/GC controller support isn't in there for sure? The first sentence leaves open a possibility but the second just kills it...

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't exactly take a quick write-up for the sake of Amazon, et al as the means of conclusive evidence.

I'll be willing to wait for whatever TGS may have to report, beginning tonight/tomorrow.

TreIII

Ookami-kun said:
You mean info could be available today/tomorrow?

If things get leaked (as they're prone to do), sure.

But as some one said over at SRK, the official TC event is not until the 11th, I believe, which would include the scheduled "character unveil".

So, basically...tomorrow at the earliest, but Friday/Saturday is looking much more reasonable for concrete info.

neo2046

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/111/111350/

c20081009_tastucap_05_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20081009_tastucap_08_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20081009_tastucap_07_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Boss Doggie

HK-47 said:
I hope not. He's too obvious. I want a real surprise

Well, with the things are going now, he MIGHT not make it. Might as well take the chance and announce him.

Besides, his VA is going to be in the show!

Netto-kun

Wait, another character from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman and Roll from the classic Mega Man games? Damn, I certainly didn't expect that.:lol

Top Bottom