• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 BR Online Gamertags(PSN/XBL) Read the O.P.

The End

The End - DocOkt (PSN) - USA - Central (Chicago)

I've been trying to get into Tekken 6 online since I picked it up from the amazon sale a couple weeks back.

Playing online, I'm like 9-4 in player matches but like 1-17 in ranked matches. I've been away from Tekken for a while, and I know I'm rusty, but I'm not that bad. At least some of the blame has to go to the matchmaking system, which blows. Inevitable, I'm paired with one of the following 3 players:

1) Someone far, far better than I am with a rank I've never seen before and so many accessories on their character I can't tell who they're using.

2) Someone with a connection rating of 3 that seems to mysteriously fluctuate based on how well this person is doing against me. They're kicking my ass, and suddenly it's up to a 4 or 5 and they pull off a huge combo. I win a round, and it's a slideshow at 2.

3) Someone who's relatively close to me in skill and has a decent connection. Like a unicorn, I've only seen this person once.

Also, this doesn't include the person with the 5 connection that cancels out EVERY SINGLE TIME so that I wind up fighting the same person 3 times in a row. My suspicion is that this person falls under (2).

VariantX

^
Yep, thats my matchmaking experience in T6 in a nutshell. I started with beginner character and ended up matched against master level opponents. Needless to say since i dont know exactly what the hell im doing yet, i lose almost half my hp, get up the wrong way, and then lose the other half of my life bar lol. needless to say if i select "same skill" i should get people around my rank to be matched up with.

SarBear

Sarbear (psn) - Sarbear - USA - Midwest

Would love to play some of you! I'm not the best, but I'm always down for competition! Add me and let me add a win to your column. Please let me know you're from GAF

Top Bottom