• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 57th Annual Grammy Awards 2015 |OT| Fancy Meltdown Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Kanye going on the Grammys on E. Said Beyonce deserved to win and talking about the Grammys better respect the real artists.

Servbot24

Banned
All that shit drives me insane. I hate Mumford and Sons and everything under its umbrella.
7oX2NJm.jpg

They're possibly the worst band alive.

Sure there are plenty of bands that are worse at making music than them, but they're all more or less harmless. Nickleback never really hurt anyone - we just point and laugh and carry on.

Mumford have actually poisoned music itself. It's absolutely vile what they've done to us. They've corrupted one of America's few and finest true home grown exports and unleashed pure bile such as the Lumineers.

Kanye going on the Grammys on E. Said Beyonce deserved to win and talking about the Grammys better respect the real artists.

First off, Kanye sounds wack as fuck, still whining about who gets what, acting like these award shows aren't terrible, or that pop music isn't mostly garbage. Grown ass man, act like it. Secondly, is he saying Beck isn't a real artist?

Floridian

I understand what Ye is saying but I would not be so upset about it. They choose Beck. Simple.

I'm more surprised actually because people thought it would boil down between Beyonce and Sam, and it was like out of nowhere Beck won. But then again, this is why these awards aren't fan-voted.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Sure there are plenty of bands that are worse at making music than them, but they're all more or less harmless. Nickleback never really hurt anyone - we just point and laugh and carry on.

Mumford have actually poisoned music itself. It's absolutely vile what they've done to us. They've corrupted one of America's few and finest true home grown exports and unleashed pure bile such as the Lumineers.

Holy hyperbole.

It's weird because I don't think of that album as rock but it was one of my favorite albums last year.

Paul McCartney enjoying ELO made me grin.

wtf? You have a problem with roots/folk rock or something?

I agree. Are there people who are actually upset about this?

I think it's more like, people don't know him enough to be upset about it so it's weird.

For me, I just don't appreciate the smugness that's coming from people who are upset that people are questioning who he is, but acting as if everyone who was nominated owes something to him like he rolled out the red carpet to their careers. Like bish whet? That by far is the worst part of the trending topic.

Touchdown

Banned
I think it's more like, people don't know him enough to be upset about it so it's weird.

For me, I just don't appreciate the smugness that's coming from people who are upset that people are questioning who he is, but acting as if everyone who was nominated owes something to him like he rolled out the red carpet to their careers. Like bish whet? That by far is the worst part of the trending topic.

The hive has been rattled.

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif

ReidSkeeRebarn

Neo Member
Geez at Who is Beck trending on Twitter right now. I mean...google is right there.

There is zero excuse for this level of ignorance in the internet age. None. You can find out who Beck is in fifteen seconds. You can literally find out who Beck is in the time that it takes people to type out "Who is Beck?"

Admittedly, though, I just have a problem with this mentality among teens to ask who someone is, instead of actually taking the time to find out who they are. This has been going on for way too long.

Aeana

There is zero excuse for this level of ignorance in the internet age. None. You can find out who Beck is in fifteen seconds. You can literally find out who Beck is in the time that it takes people to type out "Who is Beck?"

Admittedly, though, I just have a problem with this mentality among teens to ask who someone is, instead of actually taking the time to find out who they are. This has been going on for way too long.

The issue is that they aren't interested in finding out the answer to their question. What they really mean is that because they don't know who the person is, they must not be worth anything.

Linius

Great to see Beck win. Only interesting album nominated for best album for me. Never expected him to actually win it though.

Don't really get they nominated him for rock album too. There's nothing rock about that album at all. Oh well.

it's dismissive crap, really, they're just too cool to even google a thing. (although most probably do know, or did at least look him up but he isn't apart of their little bubbles therefore snark and claims of irreverence)

^^^
And this is why "Real Music" fans aren't funny, lame and dry

Uh oh. I just remembered this.

ov6C8Nbl.jpg

The hive has been rattled.

ibidC4NrLVH9vd.gif

While..... Real music fans are just so much damn funny.

Seriously though, no one really cares that Beck won. People are clowning about how irrelevant he is to people who are familiar with Michael Jackson, Prince, etc in the world who aren't some pedestal of pretentious artisty in the music business. If no one can relate to you, no one will care. That's how it works. His album may have been great, but really.... Sam Smith made an album about his ex.

^^^
And this is why "Real Music" fans aren't funny, lame and dry

While..... Real music fans are just so much damn funny.

Seriously though, no one really cares that Beck won. People are clowning about how irrelevant he is to people who are familiar with Michael Jackson, Prince, etc in the world who aren't some pedestal of pretentious artisty in the music business. If no one can relate to you, no one will care. That's how it works. His album may have been great, but really.... Sam Smith made an album about his ex.

Painful to read.

Saw this on another forum, don't know if it's been posted on here yet.

40zPfA2.gif

I don't care how fake this chick is, I would be all over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom