• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + is a Switch launch game (retail/digital)

LordKano

http://bindingofisaac.com

By now you've hopefully heard that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is coming to Nintendo Switch in retail form. What does it mean?
It means that there is more than just The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on launch. Afterbirth+ will be available at retail as well as on the Nintendo eShop for $39.99 and will include Rebirth, Afterbirth and Afterbirth+ packed together as one game.

You might want to consider pre-ordering as the first few thousand copies may come backed in with something special

Berordn

Isaac was one of my most played games on the Vita, even with all those limitations.

This is actually really tempting even though I've already got it through Afterbirth+ on PC...

Jito

Banned
Does this mean Afterbirth+ will be out for other consoles on the same date? Kinda shit he'd miss out two whole platforms with that announcement.

Uh oh..launch day is starting to look expensive af.

Already picking up BOTW, Bomberman, Snipper Clips and real tempted to add this to the list.

phanphare

Banned
oh nice

need to hear more about Nintendo's account shenanigans but if they work that stuff out the Switch will be my indie machine

You forgot to post the awesome boxart, OP.

jKtbwKB.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
I never played Afterbirth (didnt know that it was out for PS4 in Europe), but the base game is great! Considering picking this up since its retail if it comes out in Europe eventhough i wont be getting the Switch.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is this coming to the other consoles as well?

Also its funny to see this after Nintendo wouldn't allow earlier versions of the game on their other consoles. Good to see they've gotten a little less up tight about this kind of stuff.

Pre-ordered the retail version. Seems like a game I should probably go digital with but I'm trying to get all the launch titles in physical form that release along with the Switch.

13ruce

Banned
That makes launch day certainly alot better if this does not come to europe on launch i might buy it from USA if it takes to long to release here.

hoserx

Is this coming to the other consoles as well?

Also its funny to see this after Nintendo wouldn't allow earlier versions of the game on their other consoles. Good to see they've gotten a little less up tight about this kind of stuff.

It's on 3ds.

That makes launch day certainly alot better if this does not come to europe on launch i might buy it from USA if it takes to long to release here.

I plan on importing Issac from America and Street Fighter 2 from Japan, got to embrace physical games and lack of region locking.

Qwyjibo

This is a game where achievements really add a good "carrot on a stick" to chase. Continuing to play despite the frustration of some runs. Seeing a new Steam achievement pop-up gives me a good bit of satisfaction. Hopefully Nintendo finally implements something here for the people that will play this game on the Switch.

Bendo

Thank god for region free! Preordered to Norway for more money than I should probably spend on Binding of Isaac.

I love that there's a market for physical indies. Got quite a few myself and I can't wait for this and Yooka Laylee to add to the collection.

hoserx

I don't mean it in a bad way about more games

I mean in a "WHO THE FUCK said it was not a good idea to announce every launch game on the switch event" way

The launch is still over a month away, so this gives developers who were on the fence about releasing on launch or not time to let Nintendo know. I bet there will be a couple more surprises like this. It's better to have it this way and be pleasantly surprised than to say "its coming at launch" and then push back a month after people preorder it and expect to play it March 3rd.

Top Bottom