• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + is a Switch launch game (retail/digital)

Magwik

Banned
It's not confirmed, but I assume this is going to launch with all the current content? Including Dailies?
PS4/X1 Afterbirth have dailies, no reason for Afterbirth+ not to. Only exclusion will most likely be mods or additions post launch, but that's still up in the air. Regardless it's the entire experience.

Wow. After the Switch Presentation I looked at the launch day games and went from "Ready to fight tooth and nail for preorder" to "Wow, there aren't enough games at launch to justify a day one purchase for me".

But this game has been on my Steam wishlist for a while, so I was tempted. I like twin stick shooters, and I really like roguelikes (I play nethack irregularly but often, and FTL was probably my GOTY in terms of titles I discovered in 2016). What put me over the edge was the trifecta of (A) being able to play it on the go, (B) the vague promise of something special for preorderers from the developer, and (C) Amazon Prime Savings, which took eight bucks off the purchase price, making it just under the regular Steam price even after taxes.

So I think this is the first time I'm getting a game at launch for a system that I'm not getting at launch. I'll have to try rectify that somehow, but I'll be content with staring at the box art for a few days or weeks.

Loonz

Wow. After the Switch Presentation I looked at the launch day games and went from "Ready to fight tooth and nail for preorder" to "Wow, there aren't enough games at launch to justify a day one purchase for me".

But this game has been on my Steam wishlist for a while, so I was tempted. I like twin stick shooters, and I really like roguelikes (I play nethack irregularly but often, and FTL was probably my GOTY in terms of titles I discovered in 2016). What put me over the edge was the trifecta of (A) being able to play it on the go, (B) the vague promise of something special for preorderers from the developer, and (C) Amazon Prime Savings, which took eight bucks off the purchase price, making it just under the regular Steam price even after taxes.

So I think this is the first time I'm getting a game at launch for a system that I'm not getting at launch. I'll have to try rectify that somehow, but I'll be content with staring at the box art for a few days or weeks.

This game is absolutely AMAZING, you won't regret getting it. It had me obsessed with it for months.

If this physical edition doesn't get to Europe, I will probably have to import. I need to have it.

DMTripper

Don't think I've ever played a game so easy to pick up but difficult to master. There are just so many cleaver strategies to learn, tricks to do and secrets to learn. It really is amazing how deep this game can be.

Almost tempted to get a switch to have that physical version :p

so is afterbirth + even out on xbone/ps4 ? cant find info anywhere

Not yet, but it is coming.

They haven't got a firm date yet, I think the Switch release is the only console one to have its date confirmed so far because of the launch day thing. Which is funny because it was the latest one to be announced.

Vibed

I'm considering this game, but isn't Antibirth an expansive mod you can only get with the PC? If you want a mostly complete package of major content wouldn't that be missing?

I'm considering this game, but isn't Antibirth an expansive mod you can only get with the PC? If you want a mostly complete package of major content wouldn't that be missing?
Correct.

It is somewhat possible Antibirth could be added to Afterbirth+ officially but we don't know if the Switch version is getting content packs like the PC version.

Top Bottom