• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + is a Switch launch game (retail/digital)

Futureman

maybe I'm wrong but I feel like there wasn't even a confirmation that the e-shop would be open day 1 for the Switch.

Never played this game so maybe I'll check it out if I ever get a Switch.

Experien

Because they haven't announced the launch window, this grid doesn't have Rayman Legends, Binding of Issac, Yooka Laylee or Shovel Knight either
468px-C2E_Y0vXcAAWqNI.jpg

Snipperclips isn't Day One? I thought that and Has Been Heroes were Day One, or is this an old image?

As for Binding of Isaac, what do all the iterations include? I have the PS4/Vita one and wasn't too compelled.

Snipperclips isn't Day One? I thought that and Has Been Heroes were Day One, or is this an old image?

As for Binding of Isaac, what do all the iterations include? I have the PS4/Vita one and wasn't too compelled.

Nah Snipperclips and FAST RMX are launch month rather than launch day

Phoenixus

maybe I'm wrong but I feel like there wasn't even a confirmation that the e-shop would be open day 1 for the Switch.

Never played this game so maybe I'll check it out if I ever get a Switch.

I recall Shin'en saying they're aiming for launch for their FAST Racing title, and I'm pretty sure it's digital only.

Hmm, wonder what the early preorder 'special' extra is? Maybe a code for Super Meat Boy Switch or something? And I assume that is for the retail copy only?

My fingers are crossed that Stardew Valley gets a quick release on Switch!

I'll probably finally pick up Binding of Isaac on Switch, I've always been interested, but never pulled the trigger yet.

phanphare

Banned
I don't mean it in a bad way about more games

I mean in a "WHO THE FUCK said it was not a good idea to announce every launch game on the switch event" way

it's still only January. that Switch event seemed more about the hardware itself and what kinds of experiences it can offer rather than a full on software showcase. there's still plenty of time before launch for announcements, as shown with this one. plus I wouldn't count out a pre-launch Direct with a greater focus on software.

hnggg!

a physical copy of Afterbirth+, playable on the go. Sold!

glad I didnt cave to buying this on Steam when it launched recently, I've always enjoyed BOI more as a portable game.

DMTripper

You forgot to post the awesome boxart, OP.

That is pretty fucking nice!

Already got on PC but if you've never played this awesome game you are really in for a treat. One of my favourite ever games.

Will also be super sweet to play on the go. Hopefully it's a solid port as I hear it does have issues on other devices.

Edit.. Anyway to get that boxart pic as a pic for my phone minus the switch logo?? Would be very cool.

WarpathDC

YEAH BOI !

see what I did there? ;)

I played the living shit out of rebirth on ps4 and vita. I might just double dip here for a sweet physical copy.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I may have to buy this. I never got the DLC for the current Pc version. And I might be more inclined to play it if its on the Switch.

Now all I need is Spelunky. Give me Spelunky Switch and I will be so happy.

jonno394

seeing as the Switch is apparently region free i've pre-ordered this from amazon.com (i'm in the UK). I am no worried Nintendo will somehow cock up Region Free.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Nice. Just pre-ordered on Amazon. That and Zelda should give me a few hundred hours. Now I just need a damn Pro Controller to go up for sale somewhere.

I think owning physical copies of games I really like is cool, and I like the box art. But BoI is nice to have digitally so you can do a quick run whenever you want without getting the actual game out. Not sure which I'll get, I wonder what the limited bonus is.

Not sure if this is possible but it would have been cool if the dock had a cartridge slot, or even multiple slots, so you could still have easy access to multiple games if you buy physical.

I can't wait to play co-op using half Joy-Cons like so:

AYqsuOR.png

I'm curious about how bombs, etc. will be handled but when someone questioned that on Twitter, Tyrone Rodriguez had a hilarious response.

0Bd9pyg.png

Boke1879

Only on NeoGAF would I see a complaint about more games to buy.

While I'm glad this game is making it. This is stuff that should have been clear in the presentation or immediately after.

Like with Bomberman. We don't even know how much it's going to cost yet and it's launch game.

CrisKre

Never played BoI. Is it good? should I get it? How would you guys descrive it? It looks a bit same-y on the gameplay vids I´ve seen.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Never played BoI. Is it good? should I get it? How would you guys descrive it? It looks a bit same-y on the gameplay vids I´ve seen.

In terms of "beating" the game you can get through it in maybe 2-4 hours or so (an average run clocks in under an hour, but you have to unlock some things to get further in to get to the final boss).

In terms of unlocking everything and enjoying the gameplay? Over 200 hours easily. Probably way more than that really. I know some people with 500+ hours and still going strong.

Top Bottom