• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Coalition - tech test in UE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonarchJT

Banned
Also if Snake29 Snake29 is interested

And this is just one thread. You can dig more on even bigger threads.

Except people thought assets would be downscaled to run on Xbox/PC, and hence smaller studios will prefer to stay exclusive because of additional work in downscaling all those assets. You can't make this shit up(but people did anyway).
could add lots of quotes/nicks to that list lol

Again, what are you trying to prove by showing me RAM utilization?

What are your settings compared to consoles?

What is the performance compared to consoles?

Why do you keep ignoring quotes from Tim Sweeney and Epic Games Developers? The same people who developed Unreal Engine 5 and the very same demo you are playing.

How do you know it isn't already utilizing RTX IO?

Why do you ignore and hate advancement in technology?
How can you still be coping after all this time? There is no secret sauce involved in running UE5. Just take the L, bro.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
UE5 seems like it'll be spearheading the industry going forward.

I appreciate that MS has tasked one of their key first party teams to fully invest in it. No doubt the experience they'll get will help the other studios as well.

Gears 6 is gonna be fucking LIT.

VFXVeteran

Banned

Except people thought assets would be downscaled to run on Xbox/PC, and hence smaller studios will prefer to stay exclusive because of additional work in downscaling all those assets. You can't make this shit up(but people did anyway).
Ahh!!

Good times back then.. LOL! That was a complete shit-show from overhyping the ONLY hardware advantage that the PS5 had - it's SSD. I remember all the armchair developers giving anyone a hard time for not acknowledging the superior "hardware graphics accelerated" SSD for the PS5. They've now switched gears since then to other anal logical beliefs.

Leyasu

Banned

Reads like a load lobotomised slugs somehow managed to join GAF and put their demented musings into words

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

aahahahaha

So many familiar names in there that are still actively spewing :D

Ahh!!

Good times back then.. LOL! That was a complete shit-show from overhyping the ONLY hardware advantage that the PS5 had - it's SSD. I remember all the armchair developers giving anyone a hard time for not acknowledging the superior "hardware graphics accelerated" SSD for the PS5. They've now switched gears since then to other anal logical beliefs.
Didn't expect much from you, but "only HW advantage" 🤡

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It is the open world part of the matrix demo is it not?
It is the project used do create the demo from what I understand... the City.
It is just not the demo... I mean the events they did in the Demo is not present in the project shared yesterday.

Edit.

I found the official description.

"This downloadable project reveals how the city scene from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was built and demonstrates how we used Unreal Engine 5 to bring it to life."

"The City Sample is a free downloadable sample project that reveals how the city scene from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was built. It consists of a city, complete with buildings, vehicles, and crowds of MetaHuman characters. The project demonstrates how we used new and improved systems in Unreal Engine 5—including World Partition, Nanite, Lumen, Chaos, Rule Processor, Mass AI, Niagara, MetaHumans, MetaSounds, and Temporal Super Resolution—to create the experience.

Designers and developers alike can use this playground to explore how to use Unreal Engine 5 to create expansive and engaging environments."

Last edited:
It is the project used do create the demo from what I understand... the City.
It is just not the demo... I mean the events they did in the Demo is not present in the project shared yesterday.

Edit.

I found the official description.

"This downloadable project reveals how the city scene from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was built and demonstrates how we used Unreal Engine 5 to bring it to life."

"The City Sample is a free downloadable sample project that reveals how the city scene from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience was built. It consists of a city, complete with buildings, vehicles, and crowds of MetaHuman characters. The project demonstrates how we used new and improved systems in Unreal Engine 5—including World Partition, Nanite, Lumen, Chaos, Rule Processor, Mass AI, Niagara, MetaHumans, MetaSounds, and Temporal Super Resolution—to create the experience.

Designers and developers alike can use this playground to explore how to use Unreal Engine 5 to create expansive and engaging environments."

It seems to be basically exactly the open world part of the matrix demo. So no it's not the entire exact thing but from a comparison POV it's a equal or less optimized version of the open world section of the matrix demo.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
could add lots of quotes/nicks to that list lol

Jup like your own name, VFXVeteran VFXVeteran (sorry dude, but you are really a fucking joke around here) himself and others. Hell, let's start to quote other people and see how they maked a fool of themselves.

It's not like any of you are right or something after the matrix demo. Before that some of the green sided already were claiming without knowing anything that the XSX would completely destroy the PS5 in UE5 games with it's hardware.

Let us start laughing at that first. But just keep ignoring as if some of you have never said "Aah the UE5 PS5 demo, the XSX will do better if not perform better". Such a shame that we've never seen that demo running on the XSX hardware, but we have kinda proof with the matrix demo that nothing is true about that:messenger_blowing_kiss:

When someone needs to quote a lot of people to get some attention, and suddenly some of the same names in that thread show up here, you just show how nervous this whole engine apparently makes some of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom