• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought the 9492 Tie Fighter. Saw it on Warehouse deals for $36 in packaging damaged condition. (And I had $17 GC balance for a game I traded in.) Will go well with the X-Wing I bought a few weeks ago.

The Supercar build is going well. Really liked how the lever to control power distribution to the various motorised features came together.

Just bought the 9492 Tie Fighter. Saw it on Warehouse deals for $36 in packaging damaged condition. (And I had $17 GC balance for a game I traded in.) Will go well with the X-Wing I bought a few weeks ago.

I bought the same set for $42 from the Warehouse last week and received it today. The box was messed up on one side, but that's it.

gate777

I'm buying the monster fighters haunted house and the creator winter village when they release, and that's it for the rest of the year.

*repeats that to himself over and over again*

I am convincing myself to wait until tax time to get the SSD. One giant set for myself. And Haunted House now, or whenever they do double VIP next. When is that?

Woohoo!!! Got a giant lot of vintage city sets. Even better, is there is a complete Black Seas Barracuda as well. After flipping what I don't want and keeping the rest I'll have banked a small fortune and gotten a Black Seas Barracuda for free. Also, the sets are immaculate and were bagged by the seller. I love blind buying large lots.

I'm not sure on that one. Wasn't March the full month?
I know there was a small overlap of both double VIP and free shipping.

And Nicoga, I recommend going for the SSD. A giant set, and will begin the Star Wars itch. Besides, you can always get the modulars when tru has another b1g1 sale since Star Wars is never part of that.

It's crazy that I had to pay $119 here in Australia.
VgXCk.gif

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I know there was a small overlap of both double VIP and free shipping.

And Nicoga, I recommend going for the SSD. A giant set, and will begin the Star Wars itch. Besides, you can always get the modulars when tru has another b1g1 sale since Star Wars is never part of that.

As I've said before, in general, Star Wars doesn't interest me. I have very very little interest in the ships and vehicles and whatnot (but I do love the original trilogy, I promise!). It's like this weird pull though - the SSD wants me to buy it. The modulars should be around for a little while longer, as will the SSD, but it just looks so beautiful! I also don't know if I should wait for the next 10% off coupon and buy it from the LEGO store or just jump on the Amazon purchase with my $100 credit.

LEGO woes. <3

As I've said before, in general, Star Wars doesn't interest me. I have very very little interest in the ships and vehicles and whatnot (but I do love the original trilogy, I promise!). It's like this weird pull though - the SSD wants me to buy it. The modulars should be around for a little while longer, as will the SSD, but it just looks so beautiful! I also don't know if I should wait for the next 10% off coupon and buy it from the LEGO store or just jump on the Amazon purchase with my $100 credit.

LEGO woes. <3
Take your credit. The SSD is is unarmed. Take it and strike it down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete!

HULK LOOK FABULOUS!

HULK THINK PONY TAIL IS SMASHING!

NOW DEADPOOL JUST TROLLING HULK!

WHAT IS THIS PLACE? HULK CONFUSED WHEN NO SIGN STICKER IS APPLIED!

DEADPOOL, YOU NO TOUCH HULK'S BURGER!

HULK WANT PIE!

NOW TURN ON ICE CREAM MACHINE, DEADPOOL!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ok, SSD or Grand Emp + Pet Shop?

I'dnget the two modulars. Surely GE will be going OOP soonish? And it's such a great building. Big fan of pet shop too. I love good star wars sets but for some reason am not tempted by either the SSD or Death Star - thank goodness.

I'dnget the two modulars. Surely GE will be going OOP soonish? And it's such a great building. Big fan of pet shop too. I love good star wars sets but for some reason am not tempted by either the SSD or Death Star - thank goodness.

Grand Emporium is the best looking display piece of all the modulars. But a set like the SSD is something that you kinda save up for, so I say he should go for that. It is easier to swallow $150 for Grand Emporium a tiny bit later (not too much, but if Fire Brigade is any indication, it is a bit of time) than $400 for the SSD.

And Death Star>>>>all other sets.

What's with those lipsticks. They look tiny and useless, not like they fit into a LEGO context.

Tell that to my daughter. The lipsticks from the Beauty Salon and the butterflies from Olivia's house are among her favorite Lego pieces. I suspect you could get some pretty awesome laser effects going with those lipsticks.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Here is the rest of the images. I don't have time to supply each description. I think you all can figure it out though.

7824309446_37643f04c9_c.jpg

7824309038_a95ec13d38_c.jpg

7824308694_9f4c2b7927_c.jpg

7824308390_beea3f7497_c.jpg

7824308128_cb15027e9d_c.jpg

7824307790_49184471c1_c.jpg

7824307566_0d550d7dbd_c.jpg

7824307172_fd6b57b9f6_c.jpg

7824306836_eb3d04a67c_c.jpg

7824306494_e4a6fbb6c5_c.jpg

7824306142_ff3b685d8c_c.jpg

7824305832_572e23f7ba_c.jpg

7824305522_b5a74c4f8e_c.jpg

7824305346_5a2c364095_c.jpg

7824304994_0e45a52d74_c.jpg

7824304662_a54bc5694e_c.jpg

7824304260_f4dec28c7b_c.jpg

7824303958_ff3bdba25f_c.jpg

7824303666_8e8b4542cf_c.jpg

7824303356_39aabe38e8_c.jpg

7824303084_46c6abb394_c.jpg

7824302800_e209883a5d_c.jpg

I STILL can't decide if I really want that or not. I think I want the Death Star, but it's low enough on the priority list that it may never happen.

Tell that to my daughter. The lipsticks from the Beauty Salon and the butterflies from Olivia's house are among her favorite Lego pieces. I suspect you could get some pretty awesome laser effects going with those lipsticks.

Yeah, there are a lot of little pieces like that in the Friends sets, and they are the best pieces in there according to daughters everywhere. Butterflies, ladybugs, all the inventor tools/fashion design tools/etc...these are the pieces that set them apart from other sets. My daughter won't build until she's gathered ALL the little bugs and flowers and whatnot that's supposed to go with a particular set.

I STILL can't decide if I really want that or not. I think I want the Death Star, but it's low enough on the priority list that it may never happen.
do you like mini figs? Do you like cool, interactive parts of sets? Then the Death Star is the mother lode.

Do you like giant builds, with lots of cool techniques in there and neat flourishes? Then the Death Star is for you.

The set is huge, but the footprint is small enough that it is easier to display than many other giant sets.

Yes, I am pimping this set. It took a long time for people on here to turn me onto it. I am just joining the party now and trying to convert others.

DJ_Lae

The SSD is tempting except I can buy two more modulars and the sopwith for about the same price.

Which is probably what I'll do once I move next month and am actually driving distance (sans ferry) from a Lego store.

CalmKiller no offense but I think I have to block you until you are done with that. Those pics really make me want it and I have no space. I wouldn't even have space to build it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
CalmKiller no offense but I think I have to block you until you are done with that. Those pics really make me want it and I have no space. I wouldn't even have space to build it.

No worries. Its complete. The last pic is the final product. No more wall of pics incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom