• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iba60xR6eoSYTz.png
I want a bunch of these figures just to do a Lego recreation of this:

1823516JPG.jpg

Ninjago is not only the best selling theme, it is doing so by a huge margin over the previous champ, Star Wars. We're getting in that Green Ninja spinner in on monday and we definietly expect to sell all 55 before the store closes that day. He's so popular that I believe the best selling Ninjago set is the most expensive one, the Epic Dragon Battle, and JUST because that's the only way to get his minifig. It's really crazy.

The Cartoon Network cartoon. Here's a clip.

Ninjago reminds me of Power Rangers.

wetwired

There's a competition up for the LEGO movie, create a crazy vehicle and win $1000 as well as have your creation featured in the movie. Video with more info Only available to US and Canadian citizens though so that rules me and a lot of you guys out as well :(

I actually forgot about this movie, I have high hopes based on the directors, I loved both cloudy with a chance of meatballs and 21 jump street. The CG is being done by animal logic too so it should look amazing.

Also those ice cube trays remind me, I forgot to post the cake my wife made for my birthday at the start of August. She used those ice cube trays to make the minifigs.

cake.jpg

Hero

Ninjago is not only the best selling theme, it is doing so by a huge margin over the previous champ, Star Wars. We're getting in that Green Ninja spinner in on monday and we definietly expect to sell all 55 before the store closes that day. He's so popular that I believe the best selling Ninjago set is the most expensive one, the Epic Dragon Battle, and JUST because that's the only way to get his minifig. It's really crazy.

The Cartoon Network cartoon. Here's a clip.

Aren't they cancelling Ninjago? Seems kind of weird to do if it's the most popular line.

Oh is it just the show then?

The Lego rep that initially let word out that Ninjago was ending walked it back a bit. Here's the latest, unless there's been any communication newer:

Kevin Hinkle said:
I appreciate the note and your questions. Let me provide a bit of clearity. Unfortuntely, it was a slight miscommunication on my part. Things are constantly changing and evolving in our business and my last report had shown Ninjago ending at 2012. I did a bit of research after receiving so many follow up questions at the event and now via email (and PMs) and can confirm that it will still be on the shelves in 2013. However, there are no plans beyond that. Of course, that, like anything in our buisiness can change. The line has truly been successfull, but we want to be very careful to exit the theme at the right time as to not fall into the state where the products are no longer as popular and discounts have to be made to move inventory. I hope this helps, and I appreciate your support of both the LEGO Brand and our Ninjago theme.

Wow, just had one of the best builds I've ever had. I've gotta say that the Lego PotC ships have got nothing on the Black Seas Barracuda. So much technical stuff and it just look sso much better than any of the newer ships. I recommend it to anyone who likes ship builds.

Photo11.jpg

Wow, just had one of the best builds I've ever had. I've gotta say that the Lego PotC ships have got nothing on the Black Seas Barracuda. So much technical stuff and it just look sso much better than any of the newer ships. I recommend it to anyone who likes ship builds.

Photo11.jpg
Is that the original or rerelease? I still have about half the parts of the original, but am missing the main hull pieces. Have all the mast stuff and sails still.

Is that the original or rerelease? I still have about half the parts of the original, but am missing the main hull pieces. Have all the mast stuff and sails still.

The original I believe. It's a stellar set.

edit:
I had no idea they re-issued it. Mines the original 6285. At least that's what the instructions tell me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The original I believe. It's a stellar set.

edit:
I had no idea they re-issued it. Mines the original 6285. At least that's what the instructions tell me.

The ships always looked like they'd be cool to collect. A long long while back, I almost grabbed the Imperial Flagship. I opted against it and it went OOP. :p

Your ship looks rad though - always nice to see some older "large" sets like that pop up!

The ships always looked like they'd be cool to collect. A long long while back, I almost grabbed the Imperial Flagship. I opted against it and it went OOP. :p

Your ship looks rad though - always nice to see some older "large" sets like that pop up!

That Imperial one is beautiful. So expensive now though.

ghostmind

It is a beautiful ship! I'm planning on getting the reissue (along with the rest of the 2009 Pirates line) sooner or later. Love the "historical" themes.

The Imperial Flagship is one of my favorite sets.

EDIT2: Got the Brickbeard's Bounty and the Black Seas Barracude mixed up. The Barracuda (the one you have) has almost twice the pieces as the Bounty (2009 version)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Brickbeard's Bounty, why hasn't LEGO released Shark 2.0 outside of two very expensive and OOP sets?

legoshark.png

I love this little guy! Such an improvement over the original and so much potential for some really great seafaring sets!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Legoland Windsor yesterday, hit and miss to be honest. Queues were crazy so we only got about 5 rides despite being there from opening to closing.

Atlantis was the longest at about 90 minutes even though it was 5pm when we started to queue.

Shop had nothing special but the Star Wars miniland experience managed to drag the whole thing into a positive. I'll post pics when I get them up somewhere.

Would have said you were going, could have given some basic tips. Main one being - get to the bottom of the park and work back. The big crowd tends to queue up at the rides near ithe top and you get a good 15-30 minutes of quiet time. Atlantis is right at the bottom as is knights kingdom so you can do both with almost no queueing.

I thought the big shop at the top is OK - much better than it used to be, now that they have a bunch of Lego exclusives like the modulars etc. saves a trip to a Lego store at least. And if you're an annual pass holder you get 10% off (all normal sets, not exclusives unfortunately)

bluemax

Banned
Its weird how popular Ninjago is compared to the previous Ninja series, or that Knight series they had with the colored knights a few years back that they tried to do the same thing with.

Guess the cartoon must help?

I have that ship, in pieces somewhere. Hopefully I haven't ruined any of the major pieces, but I do know that I used many of the minifigs for my customs (posted earlier).

Unless I'm totally mistaken, it may even be packed separately from the rest of my lego. I seem to remember doing that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dammit, thanks to that MH promo mext month, Lego is trying to make me spend more $ than what I planned on.

Must...resist...urge...

wonder if the 50 bonus VIP points are on MH stuff too, given the theme.

Shame the mining truck requires a City purchase - I like the look of it and 25% off would have been nice.

Looks like Haunted House + ghost polybag + free Zombie car next month

Eklipsis

The local Meijer had series 8 minifigs ...they also had a few series 5 and 7

On a unrelated note:
Added a MOC to MOCpages that I have been toying with over the last couple days LINK

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The local Meijer had series 8 minifigs ...they also had a few series 5 and 7

On a unrelated note:
Added a MOC to MOCpages that I have been toying with over the last couple days LINK

I really like the use of the oddly shaped base plate - not feeling the red exterior, though.

Long time no post in here, I have been disassembling my sets over the last few weeks. I think Grand Emporium will stay together and maybe one Star Wars set will also. I have considered selling them but at the same time I had a good amount of fun taking them apart. So I will just store them for now and whenever I need some stress relief or I am bored I will put one together.

Nice purchase Nico!

Fxp

Oh, what a glorious day, just got these from local seller (new, slightly damaged boxes):
9492: TIE Fighter
5892: Sonic Boom
$60 for both.

Christian

Oh, dear... I'm contemplating making the modular plunge. This is something I told myself I wouldn't do.. The sets appeal to me, obviously, they're beautiful and they're huge. They're aimed at older builders. I was able to resist. But I just finished reading Johnathan Bender's LEGO: A Love Story, and reading about Jamie Berard and the Green Grocer and seeing how much it sells for now... I don't want to regret missing so many sets like that in the future. I'm checking everywhere to see if I can score a good deal on the Fire Brigade, because I know that'll be the first to go OOP. I really would like to avoid tax and shipping. That points to Amazon.

Fxp

Oh, dear... I'm contemplating making the modular plunge. This is something I told myself I wouldn't do.. The sets appeal to me, obviously, they're beautiful and they're huge. They're aimed at older builders. I was able to resist. But I just finished reading Johnathan Bender's LEGO: A Love Story, and reading about Jamie Berard and the Green Grocer and seeing how much it sells for now... I don't want to regret missing so many sets like that in the future. I'm checking everywhere to see if I can score a good deal on the Fire Brigade, because I know that'll be the first to go OOP. I really would like to avoid tax and shipping. That points to Amazon.

I never regretted getting Fire Brigade. One thing you'll regret for sure is looking at Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade prices a few years later and realising they could have been yours to pass down to the next generations.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Buy the Fire Brigade now. Buy the GE if you like the Fire Brigade. That's the best way to look at it. If nothing else, you get a wonderful assortment of MOC pieces!

Oh, what a glorious day, just got these from local seller (new, slightly damaged boxes):
9492: TIE Fighter
5892: Sonic Boom
$60 for both.

Great score. Sonic Boom is a really cool set, and you will be set for wing pieces for a while now.

Buy the Fire Brigade now. Buy the GE if you like the Fire Brigade. That's the best way to look at it. If nothing else, you get a wonderful assortment of MOC pieces!

Including hot dog pieces!

Milamber

Damn, I completely misfelt one bag & thought I got the diver. Oh well, now I got 2 cheerleaders cheering for my football guy. Why haven't LEGO done a Basketball Guy minifig series type yet anyway?

VeWm0.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damn, I completely misfelt one bag & thought I got the diver. Oh well, now I got 2 cheerleaders cheering for my football guy. Why haven't LEGO done a Basketball Guy minifig series type yet anyway?

They did the basketball set years and years ago with ACTUAL basketball players. They were the spring loaded guys and you played basketball with them on a court. I always wondered how that line went...I think they had soccer and hockey, too?

Including hot dog pieces!

Hahaha yes, the hot dog pieces are lol.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

My biggest regret is I didn't rediscover legos early enough. I purchased fire brigade and it was awesome. I will get the other sets before they go OOP. The problem is I dont have market street, Corner shop or Green Grocer. I will make them mine at some point. I keep watching ebay. If I have to buy an old used set without a box that's fine. But I will have these sets. Everyone says brinklink the sets but I haven't gone down that path yet.

joelseph

They did the basketball set years and years ago with ACTUAL basketball players. They were the spring loaded guys and you played basketball with them on a court. I always wondered how that line went...I think they had soccer and hockey, too?

There was a table at the Chicago ComicCon that had build a minifig for $3. Out of the thousands of bodies there were a few spring loads. I was able to score a D.Rose figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom