• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The short-hand detailings of Sony's Pre-TGS showcase by IGN PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprocket

Banned
No remakes! We need NEW stuff!

Sony really needs to blow away people at TGS .. gain a lot of hype going into the holiday season.

Also FLow is boring. :p

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
besada said:
First company to make a lightgun in the shape of a SPACE:1999 stun guns gets my undying loyalty.

Damn. After 30 years I still can't find my Space: 1999 squirt gun. That was the coolest.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
sprocket said:

Sony really needs to blow away people at TGS .. gain a lot of hype going into the holiday season.

I want BOTH damnit!
I want a SOTC: HD Remake and a new IP from Team Ico! Why can't we have both?! Huh, huh?!

:D

Busty said:
Sent to the Forbidden Zone of the Dammned which is now a Mad Max-esque waste land ruled over by Doom Bringer where he imprisons people and forces them to listen to anecdotes about his sister and her douchebag boyfriend.
:lol

Jim said:
Super Stardust HD II confirmed

REALLY!??!? SSHD is definitely one of my most played games right now! :0

It wouldn't even be SoTC if it were a co op game. It'd be a new game. Still it would be cool

ico2_leaked_042903_07.jpg

ico2_leaked_042903_04.jpg

ico2_leaked_042903_02.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Busty said:
Sent to the Forbidden Zone of the Dammned which is now a Mad Max-esque waste land ruled over by Doom Bringer where he imprisons people and forces them to listen to anecdotes about his sister and her douchebag boyfriend.

hh.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I busted a rib laughing so hard!

Steroyd

Tieno said:
I've said it before: MEGATON UPON MEGATON TILL INFINITY...and I'm raising the stakes and inventing a new ton...GIGATON!

Maybe we should invent a GAFTON for stuff Gaf hypes out of nothing and then... well we'll use the "Capcom to make 3 huge announcements" thread as an example.

Nolan.

Coming to think of it they did have a trophy room like image of a collossi. Though I don't want a sotc remake i'd rather a new game it was not too long ago. I want something older to be redone if they are going to remake something colossal.

Kittonwy

Banned
sprocket said:

Sony needs to bundle a free kitton with evewy PS3.
Indifferent2.gif

Gah sh*t!

Im going to a baseball game and will be back when Keynote ends...

GAF BETTER BE IN LIFE SUPPORT WHEN I COME BACK!!! :lol :lol

C ya guys, and enjoy the megatons!

$399 PS3 w/ Rumble! Believe!!

theBishop

Banned
Nolan. said:
Coming to think of it they did have a trophy room like image of a collossi. Though I don't want a sotc remake i'd rather a new game it was not too long ago. I want something older to be redone if they are going to remake something colossal.

I'd be happy to kill more Colossi, but hopefully another team (or team within TeamICO) is working on it. The genius of SotC is the subtle storytelling. A coop game wouldn't capture the same feeling. Ueda needs to focus on his next opus.

No reason SCE can't milk the series a little bit.

shagg_187 said:
Gah sh*t!

Im going to a baseball game and will be back when Keynote ends...

GAF BETTER BE IN LIFE SUPPORT WHEN I COME BACK!!! :lol :lol

C ya guys, and enjoy the megatons!

$399 PS3 w/ Rumble! Believe!!
Take a piece of paper with you that says "500 - Internal Server Error" and you can share the experience with us while simultaneously watching the game!

Wollan

Shard said:
From 1up.com comes a preview of Unreal Tournament III
Does it look better than Gears 1up?

Luckyman said:
LOL
Are you really expecting something intresting from that keynote? It´s the same shit as last year.
You will continue to be the bottom poster at NeoGAF.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Luckyman said:
LOL

Are you really expecting something intresting from that keynote? It´s the same shit as last year.

:lol :lol :lol
Yes, it's the same shit from last year...wow

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Luckyman said:
LOL

Last year was Wii Remote-ton, I think that says everything right there.

Dante

BenjaminBirdie said:
Plus gaffers are starting to officially play Halo 3. The next 24 hours could very well be what GAF was born to do.

Who got Halo???

Actually I'm trying to stay away from Halo stuff, because of spoiler fears. Didn't the official thread get spoliered at one point?

Mojovonio

Banned
Dante said:
Who got Halo???

Actually I'm trying to stay away from Halo stuff, because of spoiler fears. Didn't the official thread get spoliered at one point?

A few times apparently.

And don't put your gt in the Halo 3 match up thread.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dante said:
Who got Halo???

UK retailer broke the street date, there were concerns of bannination over the XBL for playing it early.

From Joystick.

Microsft confirms no bans for playing Halo 3 [update]

79 Comments by Alexander Sliwinski Sep 19th 2007 11:35AM
Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360, First Person Shooters
Update 2: A Microsoft rep has confirmed to *******: "We are not banning people."

[Previous headline: Rumor: MS banning its employees for playing Halo 3]

Update: Pro-G now reports that a second Microsoft rep has contacted the site to say the ban only applies to MS employees and consumers will not be affected. Pro-G is still awaiting the official explanation.

[Original headline: Rumor: MS to freeze Live accounts playing Halo 3]

We're still gathering info, so at this point we're mostly giving a heads-up to those who may have gotten their hands on Halo 3 early. Pro-G reports that a Microsoft rep had confirmed to them that gamers who play Halo 3 early will have their Live accounts banned. Not connecting to the net won't help either because the console tracks when the game was played, so according to this rep the first time you connect to Live they'll know. Microsoft is preparing an official statement on the issue, according to Pro-G.

If true, this opens up a big scary can of "Big Brother is watching" for us. Why should consumers be punished for the actions of retailers who sell the game early? We're going to wait for the official statement from Microsoft, but if you happened to have gotten lucky and have Halo 3 in your possession, either don't stick it in your console just yet, or tell us if you get banned. We're a bit skeptical about this as well because we've played Halo 3 (with permission) and it's been linked to our gamertags, which haven't necessarily been registered as "press" with Microsoft. As such, the alleged banning can't be done automatically. Will Microsoft really be doing a case-by-case banathon? We'll update as soon as we get the official statement.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Plus gaffers are starting to officially play Halo 3. The next 24 hours could very well be what GAF was born to do.

So why do you come in here speaking of Halo3? I thought it wasn't out yet. Or is it the reviewers?

burnfout

10:30:00 a.m. Thursday September 20, 2007 in Japan converts to
03:30:00 a.m. Thursday September 20, 2007 in Europe/Amsterdam

Is the Japan time confirmed?

3.30 am for me :(

InterMoniker said:
So why do you come in here speaking of Halo3? I thought it wasn't out yet. Or is it the reviewers?

WTF? The dude pointed out the epicness of the Sony conference tonight and I just said that the combination of that with first hand impressions of Halo 3 (UK retailer broke street date) would make the next 24 hours legendary.

Finger off the trigger, padre. I come in peace.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kittonwy said:
Sony needs to bundle a free kitton with evewy PS3.

It was only due to new PurrSense technology that Sony was able to include purring--uh--rumble in the new SixAxis.

edit: I admit, the above statement is pawsatively, categorically untrue.

the_id

3:30PM NZ time.
what i want to hear:

Cheap tardpack 40GB PS3
MGS4 demo on PSN
FFVII remake
FFXIII and FFvsXIII trailers on PSN
more new games announcement
Team ICO new game
AFRIKA
Confirmed date for HOME
sixaxis II (rumble)