• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni |OT| of Witches Trolling, Super Paper, and Small Bombs

cj_iwakura said:
Ange is awesome. I really feel for her.

Also, Rosa? To hell with her. What a first-rate bitch.

Am I supposed to 'get' the time shifts, or will it be answered later?

All events are in "order" I think, except flashbacks (like what you spoilered) obviously.

To quote a character from an episode you haven't read yet, don't think about it, it'll only make your head hurt >.>

cj_iwakura

Synth_floyd said:
So the PC versions are each 1 episode and the PS3 version is episodes 1-4?

The PS3 is region free right? So I can just import this or any other game from Amazon.co.jp and play it no problem?

Yes, but only the PC version was fan translated. I'd have gotten the PS3 version already if I could make it English.

I'd hope it'd have at least George or Rosa, but I dunno if it's any different from the PC version. Even if it's not, I just wanna have it on my 360 :X

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Make a Japanese XBL account -> Sign into it -> Wait a week -> Download/Profit!!!

Current version of the PC version doesn't have the 360 enhancements yet. The PC version that comes out in December has more than the 360 version period including characters not in the 360 version.

cj_iwakura

Still don't get why they didn't make it on the PS3 too. Could it be because of the PC~> 360 connection? Or Sony's policies?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
cj_iwakura said:
Still don't get why they didn't make it on the PS3 too. Could it be because of the PC~> 360 connection? Or Sony's policies?
There is no reason for it not to be on the PS3. I think Alchemist is just being weird, but the new PC version is superior anyways so I'm not crying over it.

I honestly think it's just a matter of them being really cheap. PC->360 should at least be somewhat cheaper than PC->PS3, right? Even if it's just a little more expensive I guess they don't want to expend that extra money on a PS3 version *shrugs*

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
SolarKnight said:
I honestly think it's just a matter of them being really cheap. PC->360 should at least be somewhat cheaper than PC->PS3, right? Even if it's just a little more expensive I guess they don't want to expend that extra money on a PS3 version *shrugs*
Could be, might be why Galgun was released on the 360 only first as well.

cj_iwakura

Kind of underwhelming, tbqh. :(

I was hoping for a resolution, not drawn out trolling, and even I could tell Beatrice was toying with him.

But why? What happened six years ago? I can only wonder, and assume 5-8 fills in the blanks.

cj_iwakura said:
Kind of underwhelming, tbqh. :(

I was hoping for a resolution, not drawn out trolling, and even I could tell Beatrice was toying with him.

But why? What happened six years ago? I can only wonder, and assume 5-8 fills in the blanks.
Similar to the structure of Higurashi, 1-4 presents the mystery and gives you all the clues you need to solve it. 5-8 then take things apart and proceed to solve it for you.

cj_iwakura

I've never played Higurashi, so this is my first experience. Is it as good as Umineko?

And I have some vague ideas about the mystery, but I expect to be proven wildly wrong.

cj_iwakura said:
I've never played Higurashi, so this is my first experience. Is it as good as Umineko?

And I have some vague ideas about the mystery, but I expect to be proven wildly wrong.
Umineko is the superior work (and has by far the better English translation), but Higurashi is still very good and well worth reading.

I would recommend going back and rereading 1-4 before going on to Chiru. With the knowledge you have now, you should be able to pick up on some additional clues and put together a provisional solution.

I think he'd get burnt out, but yeah, it does change some scenes quite a lot
mostly everything with Kinzo

What are your theories so far?

cj_iwakura

Yeah, it's not like rewatching an anime. That took me months to get through.

That said,
I think the 'Beatrice' that killed Battler at the end of Ep.4 is a different person. Which is why it was true, the sin had nothing to do with the true Beatrice. I think it involved the her imprisoned on the island.

As for Battler and his birth and who he is and all that I don't even know.

One thing I wonder:

Was Virgilia truly Beatrice's mentor, or just a piece in her game?

I still loved that comedy with her and the goats, especially the boss goat with the flashbacks.

Way to dethrone the creepiest witch of the group.

Well, besides Lambdadelta.

You don't have to reread everything; just skim the less important parts and focus on the circumstances surrounding each murder. It took me a day or two to reread each episode.

I'll respond to your specific questions later tonight.

cj_iwakura said:
That said,
I think the 'Beatrice' that killed Battler at the end of Ep.4 is a different person. Which is why it was true, the sin had nothing to do with the true Beatrice. I think it involved the her imprisoned on the island.

As for Battler and his birth and who he is and all that I don't even know.

By imprisoned do you mean the one that was living in the forest? You do remember that she died before he was even born, right?

As for the second part, come on man, it's pretty easy actually, just think some more :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
EP 8 Patch 2 translation at 75% and expected early December.

Also here are some shots from this Comiket's release of Ougon Musou Kyouku X.

XUpWr.jpg

SwiXx.jpg

fSkwZ.jpg

5Ijr7.jpg

F0bJh.jpg

jg7HO.jpg

wvTbk.jpg

0wYJ0.jpg

hnIUw.jpg

hiux7.jpg

IxTTu.jpg

DdmDK.jpg

1SUs8.jpg

E90Wy.jpg

G5YxE.jpg

An9IP.jpg

J5wIs.jpg

Is that Will? Is that Willard H. Wright I see on the character select screen? HELL FUCKING YEAH.

Also, ERIKA HAS A DUCTAPE SUPER OMG

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Umineko Chiru PS3 LE Boxart:
pa.206392.1.jpg

New voice actors:
Erika: Natsuko Kuwatani
Dlanor: Miyuki Sawashiro (confirmed)
Gertrude: Shizuka Ito (confirmed)
Cornelia: Risa Asaki (confirmed)
Zepar: Mitsuki Saiga (confirmed)
Furfur: Eri Sendai (confirmed)
Will: Hiroki Takahashi (confirmed)
Lion: Ayako Kawasumi (confirmed)
Featherine: Michiko Neya
Beatrice Castiglioni
/ Claire V. Bernard: Sayaka Ohara
Young Kinzo: Daisuke Ono

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Just dropping by to state my love for my favorite intellectual rapist. I'm holding out to read the entire episode 8 in one sitting, (insert meanwhile at Witch Hunt joke), and I so so fucking hope Erika is back*. My favorite character, it's like a loli Poirot!

*not happening :_(

Ejecting the thread now in fear of spoilers!

Just dropping by to state my love for my favorite intellectual rapist. I'm holding out to read the entire episode 8 in one sitting, (insert meanwhile at Witch Hunt joke), and I so so fucking hope Erika is back*. My favorite character, it's like a loli Poirot!

*not happening :_(

Ejecting the thread now in fear of spoilers!

Well if you're waiting for ep8 to be translated that means you've already finished ep6 and the events at the end were pretty solid and final . Your spoiler show that deep down you know it.

Console yourself by playing her in the fighting game ( dat ship level )

Top Bottom