• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA crushes Australia 61-0 in Football World Cup opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Olde bump

Rugby League World Cup is taking place at the moment and Australia just played the US team The Tomahawks

Australia 62 US 0.

EDIT: Also missed 5 conversions so it could have been 72. Conversions are done like in Rugby, kick is taken 20m or more out from where the try is scored. So if you score the try a meter from the sideline you have to kick the ball a meter from the sideline 20 meters out from the try line. NFL you just punt from in front of the goal posts.

http://www.rlwc2013.com/matchreport/9652

The US have been going good against some other teams in the division with some wins. There are a couple of players in the Tomahawks team who play in the NRL in Australia.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Haha. I thought about this thread before that game began last night.

Not sure how many actual Americans are in that Tomahawk team though..

Timbuktu

Good stuff, i was worried that USA might actually be getting good at rugby. Seems like you remembered this thread for two year for this moment though.

Coverage of league rugby is still awful in the UK though, the world cup still falls behind the autumn internationals in the papers.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Good stuff, i was worried that USA might actually be getting good at rugby. Seems like you remembered this thread for two year for this moment though.

Coverage of league rugby is still awful in the UK though, the world cup still falls behind the autumn internationals in the papers.

I remembered it, I thought the score was much higher though and was surprised it was only 61. Was either bump the thread or make a new one with the same title but reversed.

Inglis is such a beast.

Vagabundo

American Football>>>>>>>>the other "football" (Just give up and call it Soccer already.)

I'm sorry. I like to watch a sport where one team actually scores from time to time unlike Soccer and Hockey (same game, different environment really) where the rules are set up so it's damn near impossible to score. That's not fun, that's frustration.

Well then what you're talking about is Gaelic Football. Imagine rugby, soccer and basket ball all rolled into a face pace game.

vikki

The difference between soccer and Hockey though is that hockey players arent a bunch of flopping pansies

Flopping happens in football quite a bit. It happens when teams don't want to use a timeout, but want to get some substitutions on the field during a no huddle offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom