• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnannola

They should have released a story with "sources said" in it first, just to have Trump come out and deny all of it. Then release the tape a day later for extra hilarity.

y94HNny.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
He apologized for people being offended. That's not an apology.

Yeah, but it's probably the closest thing to an apology we'll ever get from the Donald. And that's a big f'in deal. It proves that he's legit shook.

I know that "Grab them by the pussy" is way easier (and more fun) to latch on to, but the context in which he says it is just downright disturbing.

That really is fucking disturbing.
I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to do this to 12 year old Paris Hilton.

border

Are the actual audio tapes of this available? I'd like to hear the recording.

Not to mention that the audio will make for some great attack commercials.

"...Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course - not even close,” Trump said in a statement.

While that's almost certainly true, it doesn't really change the optics. Bill is a horndog player and people seem to excuse his antics despite his infidelity, while Donald is more of an abuser. That line about "When your famous you can do anything you want" is pretty telling.

But like others have said, this won't do much to his campaign. "Just some boys having some fun"

Woman asking question at town hall debate: "do you want to grab me by the pussy?"
"Tremendous question. No, you're a six, I only drop the bar to nine, sweetheart." (thunderous applause) "But maybe I would. Maybe. I would--Clinton would. Bill. Maybe Hillary." (stunned silence) "I'm not saying anything, but people are talking, and what they're saying--you know what they're saying." (thunderous applause)

MIMIC

Banned
this seems like the wrong takeaway

Well I mean, I really can't act surprised that Trump said any of this. The fact that he offered a half (quarter?) apology is what caught my attention. He never even half-apologized for the Miss Universe stuff.

Bolivar687

Banned
Should be about how he seduced so many Republicans to vote for him during the primaries.

When you're a star, they let you do it.

Pastry

Banned
Well I mean, I really can't act surprised that Trump said any of this. The fact that he offered a half (quarter?) apology is what caught my attention. He never even half-apologized for the Miss Universe stuff.

This is on another level than Machado tho

johnsmith

remember me
Nasty as all hell, but it's a private conversation recording between friends where something criminal didn't occur and a decade ago.

I can't believe he managed to throw Bill Clinton into this. Hilarious.

If he was going around grabbing random women "by the pussy" that sounds like sexual assault to me.

Kinyou

I feel like lewd undersells it a little. I mean there's making dirty comments and then there's talking about how you like to grab people in the crotch.

smurfx

get some go again
in the future all calendars in trump building will skip october. can't wait to see what else people bring up.

mreddie

His response will be

"That was a private conversation and NBC News is after me, typical lib media fighting against me."

So the religious right, the sanctity of marriage folks, are going to disown him with him talking about going after married woman right? Ok, I know they wont, but they should, how they square that with their supposed beliefs I have no idea.

I am absolutely convinced that Hillary's oppo team has dug-up 90% of this stuff.
Oh, I agree. This is too perfect. The timing is too on point. This is why you spend money on an actual campaign. Because, she will hit him with this live on teevee on Sunday. And he will have no answer other than "blame Bill" at which point she gets to play him like a damn fiddle.

So many people say this and worse on a regular basis. Sexism behind the scenes is so normalized. But they aren't presidential candidates having their shit aired out in the open. But sadly this won't hurt trump, this is expected behavior from him. He owns sexist behavior, and knows many women won't vote for him for it.

I...I think this might actually be so bad that it could hurt Trump O.O

Noted, I've said this before about his 2nd Amendment comments, but this? This has to hurt him. It just has to!

rjinaz

If he was going around grabbing random women "by the pussy" that sounds like sexual assault to me.

I mean I doubt he did, sounded more like he was embellishing. But I'm not going to defend Trump of all people so screw it, I'm out. If he did assault woman I hope they come forward.

Honestly, I already know Trump is a sexist piece of shit, maybe that's why this story doesn't bother me so much. I hope though that it rightfully pisses off people on the fence and they vote against him.

What type of woman falls for this pig's nonsense. Lack of game, lack of suave just a straight fucking scumbag this guy. Who applauds this behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom