• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the religious right, the sanctity of marriage folks, are going to disown him with him talking about going after married woman right? Ok, I know they wont, but they should, how they square that with their supposed beliefs I have no idea.

I don't think marital fidelity has ever been as significant of an issue for politicians as it seems, it's just that most politicians are so utterly boring that the fact they might have had an extra-marital affair is literally the only thing about them that's newsworthy.

Trump has stacked the deck with far more disgusting and shocking stories, so there's no real reason for anyone to pretend like they actually care that he's an entire season's worth of material for Law & Order SVU sprinkled in cheetoh dust and topped with a dead possum.

CuMQfQFWEAEM4vz.jpg:large

aeolist

Banned
So the religious right, the sanctity of marriage folks, are going to disown him with him talking about going after married woman right? Ok, I know they wont, but they should, how they square that with their supposed beliefs I have no idea.

oh please, the republican politicians who don't sleep with married women are paying for gay sex in public bathrooms

it'll get compartmentalized and rationalized away just like that garbage

Also, I do not mean to imply that anything even within the same universe as this exists for anyone else, but I hope this disabuses everyone of the notion that the Clinton campaign treated her primary opponents with anything but the gentlest of kid gloves, made from the finest and most luxurious imported silk.

Of course there is audio out there if him saying heinous shit. You have to imagine every news org has been asking every single audio/video editor who's ever worked on material with him to find shit.

This is the least surprising October surprise EVER.

Link

The Autumn Wind
What are you getting at? There's a video in the story where you hear the words coming out of Trump's mouth.

How is that the work of a fraudulent individual?
Doctored audio. People have been saying it. You wouldn't believe the nasty things about this Farenthold guy I've heard. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Keri

So many people say this and worse on a regular basis. Sexism behind the scenes is a water is wet kinds thing. But they aren't presidential candidates having their shit aired out in the open. But sadly this won't hurt trump, this is expected behavior from him. He owns sexist behavior, and knows many women won't vote for him for it.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but I have a feeling a lot of men will relate to the way he talks about women and they'll decide it's no big deal.

Ithil

Note he doesn't apologize for saying it or what it implies about how he treats women, he apologizes "if you were offended by it".

rjinaz

Of course there is audio out there if him saying haeinois shot. You have to imagine every news org has been asking every single audio/video editor who's ever worked on material with him to find shit.

Which makes you wonder why he chose to run for president. I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more. There has to be stuff out there.

What are you getting at? There's a video in the story where you hear the words coming out of Trump's mouth.

How is that the work of a fraudulent individual?

released by a Bush, man. just like the "reveal" of bush's air national guard service, or lack there of back in 2004. total fabrication.

CrisKre

Ok. This is extremely compromising. Will it get traction? If it does it has the potential of TRULLY hurting Trump.

border

I am absolutely convinced that Hillary's oppo team has dug-up 90% of this stuff.
Oh, I agree. This is too perfect. The timing is too on point. This is why you spend money on an actual campaign. Because, she will hit him with this live on teevee on Sunday.
The timing doesn't seem that great, considering that most of the news this weekend is going to be about the hurricane.

4PM on Friday is when you run a story that you want to get buried and go away. If they wanted to get this out prior to the debate, Monday or Tuesday would have been a better choice.

MIMIC

Banned
Well CNN just read the transcript (or most of it) on air. And they described Trump's response as an "apology."

What the fuck were his Republican primary candidates doing? How can you be the party of the religious right and miss these giant opportunities to turn your party away from this mess before they got attached?

Amir0x

Banned
This is going to end up landslide territory. Think of this: this is so bad it is the only time Trump even approached an apology. Guys this race is over, finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom