• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... k. I'm going to ignore your stupidity this time. I'll let it slide. Don't let it happen again. Or else...

i6kBV1O5rcBZD.gif

I shall never, ever get on your bad side :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you didn't watch ten anime last year you're not a real human being.

I didn't have a top 10. I only posted 5. However, I do think it's a good point that if you only voted for one anime, that's pretty suspect. And stupid. If you only watched one anime, of course that's going to be #1. Or you could you know... just not vote.

2DuORMY.png

At least humor me and do it for a few posts!

I don't get it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys I hear Zimbabwei only has $217 in its bank account. Let's buy it and turn it into a AnimeGAFLand.

Syrinx

Seeing Hyouka winning reminds me of a question I have: Are there any slice-of-life anime in the vein of something like Fruits Basket? I haven't watched too many in the genre, but this is the only one I absolutely fell in love with. I'd like to see more like it.

cajunator

Banned
Seeing Hyouka winning reminds me of a question I have: Are there any slice-of-life anime in the vein of something like Fruits Basket? I haven't watched too many in the genre, but this is the only one I absolutely fell in love with. I'd like to see more like it.

Fruits Basket is pretty special. I'm not sure if anything else really compares to it.
Aishiteruze baby will make you hnnngh like crazy though. Like Bunny Drops. Have you seen Bunny Drops?

Syrinx

Fruits Basket is pretty special. I'm not sure if anything else really compares to it.
Aishiteruze baby will make you hnnngh like crazy though. Like Bunny Drops. Have you seen Bunny Drops?

Is that Usagi Drop? I've heard of it, but it's kinda different from Fruits Basket (I'm seriously gonna compare everything in the genre to that; I loved it that much) in that it's about a father and his adopted daughter and whatever.

Also, Amir0x spoiled the end for me.

Jacob

I had someone recommend Summer Days with Coo to me, but I watched the trailer on YouTube and it just looked like a huge ET rip-off. Can anyone who has seen it confirm or deny this for me?

Branduil

Is that Usagi Drop? I've heard of it, but it's kinda different from Fruits Basket (I'm seriously gonna compare everything in the genre to that; I loved it that much) in that it's about a father and his adopted daughter and whatever.

Anime ending /= manga ending.

kayos90

It seems people most like it because of the source material, more than the actual anime itself.

Yeah... that's stupid. Why don't I vote SAO for #1 cuz the LN was 10x better than the anime! Oh wait. I didn't. Because I know how to vote. *sigh*

Saprol

That doesn't interfere with the anime. Check it out!

Dresden

Going over the AOTY results, some thoughts:

- Hyouka won so good taste won, unlike last year when Wandering Son was robbed.

- Jojo is way too high.

- As time passes the more problems I have with what I remember of Fate/Zero's ending. It was a show whose climax occurred two episodes into a flashback.

- Jinrui going up in all its spotty, inconsistent glory over something like Joshiraku makes me feel somewhat sad.

- I still haven't watched the K-ON movie. I did watch that Naoko Yamada doc on the bd, though.

- I wish more people had voted for SAO so it made it into the top ten, thus imminent tears.

- Chuu2 is too high.

- I will give Dusk Maiden another try.

- Poor Code: Breaker. Poor Irie.

- I will finish MGX someday.

- Joshiraku was robbed.

cajunator

Banned

Amir0x is a douchenozzle.

Usagi Drop is veeeeeeery cute. In fact, this thread has been sorely lacking in Usagi Drop gifs.

As for something similar to Fruits Basket, I really cant think of much.
However since I'm recommending things, you should track down Full moon O Sagashite. Unfortunately its 52 episodes, but its so fucking worth watching.

kayos90

Where F/Z is at is alright. I would definitely like for it to be #1 but I'm alright with it. I feel horrible about Tsuritama. That's the real tragedy for me on that list. I feel like it was robbed. That show deserved to be better than Jojo honestly. Maybe it's just me.

DiGiKerot

That's kinda surprising. I thought Jojo was popular here in AnimeGAF as well. How did they (not we, I didn't vote) push it down to third?

As someone who really digs trashy pulp fiction, I like Jojo a great deal - probably more-so than Hyouka (certainly voted it higher) - but I don't have any real issues with how the overall results ended up landing as I full acknowledge that Hyouka and F/Z are far better made shows.

Has anyone worked out/posted unweighted vote counts? I'd be kind of curious to see that.

cajunator

Banned
Where F/Z is at is alright. I would definitely like for it to be #1 but I'm alright with it. I feel horrible about Tsuritama. That's the real tragedy for me on that list. I feel like it was robbed. That show deserved to be better than Jojo honestly. Maybe it's just me.

Nothing in the top 5 list was robbed.
Its all worthy of being there.

Syrinx

Amir0x is a douchenozzle.

Usagi Drop is veeeeeeery cute. In fact, this thread has been sorely lacking in Usagi Drop gifs.

As for something similar to Fruits Basket, I really cant think of much.
However since I'm recommending things, you should track down Full moon O Sagashite. Unfortunately its 52 episodes, but its so fucking worth watching.

...Douchenozzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom