• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

So, how many of the shows that you voted for made it into the top ten?

6/10 for me, having voted for Smile, Code:Breaker, Sengoku Collection, and Nichibros. That's a small improvement over last year's 5/10.
4/5, with Yuru Yuri S2 being robbed of its rightful place.

6/10 for me, having voted for Smile, Code:Breaker, Sengoku Collection, and Nichibros. That's a small improvement over last year's 5/10.

5/10 for me, but I still have to watch JoJo, Girls Und Panzer, and Humanity has Declined.

DiGiKerot

6/10, since I had AKB0048 (really thought that'd have done a smidgen better than it did), SenColle, Roundcat and, errr, Horizon II.

trejo

7/10 here.

People don't deserve shows like Dusk Maiden and Nichibros! Chihayafuru I can sorta let slide because it does get bogged up in too much karuta.

trejo

I did place Wasurenagumo in my honorable mentions list. I'm pretty sure the ending would've had more impact on me had I not sorta spoiled it for myself beforehand.

DiGiKerot

Wasurenagumo deserved it, though. Kinda shitty that people can't get past the ending.

But the ending is the best part! I saw it in the cinema (twice!) at SLA last year, and there was such an amazing audible gasp from the audience at that moment.

That said, I kind of find these shorts a hard proposition when it comes to voting in these things. Whilst I think what they manage to achieve in the short running time of most of these Anime Mirai shorts is pretty astonishing (expect maybe Shiranpuri, which I think could have stood to be shorter), the sheer volume of content present in a TV show gives the viewer a lot more to latch onto, and there tends to be more that sticks in mind as a result.

Maybe if I could have voted for Anime Mirai as a whole, I would've thrown it a vote.

Ultimadrago

While we're waiting, Disney has released Paperman on youtube, so everyone who hasn't seen it should watch it.

Dear Disney,

givemealittlemoreffya7.jpg

Seriously, I'm glad that I finally saw this. It was pretty neat.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 43

Death to Eureka's horrible children.
Also, Dewey's slightly less horrible children have the worst hair. Oh man it's terrible.

REVISION: OP2>OP4>OP1>OP3

OP4 grows on you.

WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT. Okay, so some serious craziness. Renton better actually slap Maurice and teach him that step-daddy ain't takin' no sass. Dewey has ALWAYS been insane apparently. My prediction about Holland waaaaaay back at the beginning was correct, Holland has a sweet new ride that isn't ever brought up before this, and oh yeah waaaaaaaaat.

Also Anemone x Dominic, for those who care.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just wanted a nice evening to watch Love Live, Tomako Market and to finish a Puchi gif.

Had none of that because a friend of my father has required computer assistance all night. Boo hoo hoo woe is me.

Tamako Market 04

0QrDBrh.gif

KyoAni does festivals right. While I still don't know where this show is going, this was a good episode. An is pretty adorable and quite like how completely dense her family is.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Speaking of Paperman, whatever happened to that vampireweekend junior who had the Paperman avatar? He plunged headfirst into the thread for a couple of days and then just vanished, but that's not unusual for new juniors. We've gotta protect Moonlight, BriseFlots, Zach, and the others.

Dresden

There's too many people in this thread, we need a culling not a protecting.

I vote that everyone whose social security number ends with a 5 has to go.

Branduil

Tamako Market 04

0QrDBrh.gif

KyoAni does festivals right. While I still don't know where this show is going, this was a good episode. An is pretty adorable and quite like how completely dense her family is.

Oh I see how it is. He can't get the girl he wants so he goes for the younger sister. Despicable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh I see how it is. He can't get the girl he wants so he goes for the younger sister. Despicable.

Age issues aside, why would you court someone who's going to bring you in frequent contact with someone whose presence is emotionally painful?

...although I did think about doing this a couple of times in high school

Thoraxes

Age issues aside, why would you court someone who's going to bring you in frequent contact with someone whose presence is emotionally painful?

...although I did think about doing this a couple of times in high school

The feeling of NTR.
I mean this as a poor joke trying to connect this to the "Feel of 30 FPS" joke but ultimately it sounded way better in my head than it did in this post, so I don't know why i'm still posting this.

cajunator

Banned
Yessir.

Aki is so genki it hurts my soul in a good way.

3/10 I think. Oh wait I put GuP at 10 so 4/10.

Yeah I think its Aki.

Tamako Market 04

0QrDBrh.gif

I swear, that >o< face gets me EVERY time. sooooo CUTE. Every single character that does it. I wish I could make that face in real life.

PsionBolt

22 Nisemonogatari 84
32 Nekmonogatari Black 59
35 Smile Precure! 56
48 Robotics;Notes 31
62 Strike Witches Movie 22

The only things I gave an 8 or above to last year were Nise, Neko Black, Smile, Precure All Stars New Stage, the K-On movie, and Fate/Zero. (Kind of a bad year.) At least the latter two did well, though that's to be expected. New Stage didn't even make the list, even in the 0-vote pile.

I didn't vote, but I suppose it's good to know that most of my choices had no hope anyway.

Dresden

Actually I thought Kirei was the most interesting character in the show and the climax related more to him than anything. Kiritsugu also got some development too. His climax character development-wise was
inside the Grail where he realized he fucked up

Kirei's development all comes in the first half of the show. The 'climax' of his arc comes a little over halfway through when
he kills Tohsaka.

As for Kerry, the
grail
is the denouement, not the top.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The early poll results sort of ruin the surprise. Sort of like telling me what all my birthday gifts are...
SUPPLIES!

I agree with Art. You guys should have waited. Now the results thread is going to be bitching about the tastes of non-animegaf, making us seem even more unwelcoming.
Non-animeGAF has never insulted the shows I like. I'm more likely to side with them.

Sleep is the for the weak.
But it's my favourite hobby.

If sleep is for the weak than spank my ass and call me Krillan.
If will be my pleasure.

Shergal

Tamako 4

The bird was great this episode, and the show continues to be pleasuring for the eyes, not that I expected otherwise. I still wonder what the hell they're going to do with all the plot points they have been hinting since ep 1.

cajunator

Banned
The cellphone repair place by my house is so awesome. Fixed my phone perfectly. It charges again so I can hnnngh on the go. Life is good. I love everything. I love all of you.
I'm gonna go watch more sailor Moon.

Syrinx

The cellphone repair place by my house is so awesome. Fixed my phone perfectly. It charges again so I can hnnngh on the go. Life is good. I love everything. I love all of you.
I'm gonna go watch more sailor Moon.

Crunchyroll should use this as a slogan for their mobile app.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While we're waiting, Disney has released Paperman on youtube, so everyone who hasn't seen it should watch it.
It's funny that this is still not out in the UK yet, and by funny I mean tragic.

Still cool that they've put up online for all to see. Not as good as Inferno Cop's animation but it's a decent effort by Disney.

izUHlEaS7I0W4.gif

I'm either less and less interested with the shows of the past two seasons or I'm just not watching any of the shows, causing me to not post in the Anime OT's as often.
You could just rewatch the iDOLM@STER again because I assume you made the right choice and watched in the first time round.

I really think its flash animation that I don't particularly like. That keeps me from watching the really short series.
But flash is the most kawaii form of animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom