• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

Puchimas! 17
Are they going to explain the plant on Yayoi's head?

I don't get how we reached 1000 posts in one day.
I didn't realize this was an unusual level of activity for you guys.

I suppose my favorite would either be the blue-haired chick or the silver-haired chick.
There's two of them with blue hair but there's nothing wrong with either. :)

I was told that I was spending too much time on forums instead of working hard for my company :'(
Maintaining a spot on the wall of shame is a full time job if this rate keeps up.

i2wM0P8V33YRy.jpg

Mmm.
She shares my birthday? Time to reevaluate.

wonzo

Banned
This is pretty old news but w/e

Polar Bear's Café Anime to End This Spring

Yasuko Yamauchi, the editor-in-chief of Shogakukan's Flowers magazine, confirmed that the anime adaptation of Aloha Higa's Polar Bear's Café (Shirokuma Café) manga will continue until this spring. Another project based on the manga is currently planned.

The original gag comedy manga follows the daily life of penguins, grizzly bears, and other animals at a café run by a polar bear. Director Mitsuyuki Masuhara (Chi's Sweet Home, Kobato.) launched the anime at Studio Pierrot last April. Crunchyroll currently streams the series overseas as it airs in Japan.​
BEST OLD NEWS

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Polar Bear Cafe Ep 1

Polar Bear is surprisingly hot-blooded for a Canadian! Seeing Panda try out tuna fishing would've been pretty funny, but at least this had some absolutely adorable moments with the Pandas being maximum Panda. Also Sasako is best waifu of 2012, clearly.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 23

1)Theme song is so good to this show now.
2)Charles is quite possibly the nicest adult male Renton has ever met in the show. He and Ray treat him so nicely.
3)It's too perfect. Renton living happily out the rest of his days with Charles and Ray can't be, because I want it too much. I want him to be happy with them too much for it to last.
4)Renton learns to respect members of other religions! For anime, that's pretty damn refreshing.
5)Eureka is Terra Branford. Has annoying children. Pilots mecha. Isn't entirely human. Green hair and purple eyes. How did I miss this before?
I prefer Terra because her children are less awful
6)No, seriously, Charles and Ray are too good to be true. Too damn good to be true.
7)Holland is pathetic for being jealous of Renton.
8)Hilda is the best girl on the boat.

zeroshiki

Use this extra time to start watching Polar Bear Cafe if you haven't already (same goes for eberyone else btw)!

I'm using it to catch up on 2012 shows that I missed.

Like, I'm in the middle of Jinrui wa suitai... and I've yet to start Girls und Panzer.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe Ep 1

Polar Bear is surprisingly hot-blooded for a Canadian! Seeing Panda try out tuna fishing would've been pretty funny, but at least this had some absolutely adorable moments with the Pandas being maximum Panda. Also Sasako is best waifu of 2012, clearly.
ibg9A7h2Y4AkU7.gif

NAKAMA

I'm using it to catch up on 2012 shows that I missed.

Like, I'm in the middle of Jinrui wa suitai... and I've yet to start Girls und Panzer.
Fortunately for you it's also a 2012 show and one of the very best ones at that!

Saprol

Use this extra time to start watching Polar Bear Cafe if you haven't already (same goes for eberyone else btw)!

I recall my Japanese teacher suggesting this to everybody in the class. Not sure how much on the merit of it using familiar grammar and/or because it looked cute. I'll try it... sometime.

Dresden

from the new world - 05

My expectations had been tempered by the negativity surrounding Yamauchi's handling of this episode, but I still ended up enjoying it for the most part. Interest in their plight + the introduction of Squealer kept me engaged, even through the rather uncomfortable experience of actually watching it. There's a surreal quality to the whole thing, the discomfort of experiencing the jarring, disjointed flow of the feature, where nothing is established, the scenes simply cut in and out of one another, and in the end, I really don't know what happened asides from, I don't know, the fucking cave fell and the ED started.

Mature

from the new world - 05

My expectations had been tempered by the negativity surrounding Yamauchi's handling of this episode, but I still ended up enjoying it for the most part. Interest in their plight + the introduction of Squealer kept me engaged, even through the rather uncomfortable experience of actually watching it. There's a surreal quality to the whole thing, the discomfort of experiencing the jarring, disjointed flow of the feature, where nothing is established, the scenes simply cut in and out of one another, and in the end, I really don't know what happened asides from, I don't know, the fucking cave fell and the ED started.
Yeah, the poor direction felt odd enough to turn it into something entertaining. At least for me. That episode was like a fever dream.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The following are tracks worth listening to in the OST. I'm surprised it has 33 tracks considering I didn't think there were THAT many songs used in the show. This is the only first OST and the next one comes with Vol 8 I believe. Jeez. Well, this OST has pretty much everything from the first part of the show. I expect OST 2 to be considerably shorter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODYVEt-Cbcc&list=PLzOXI8rKJX1SCcDJnRTH6vIkg9_uG6UzL

Track 1 - Swordland
Track 3 - Everyday Life
Track 12 - In Your Past (lol this is from Fate/Zero?)
Track 14 - Left in Suspense
Track 15 - We Have to Defeat It
Track 16 - At Our Parting
Track 17 - Confront Battle
Track 19 - Luminous Sword
Track 22 - A Tender Feeling
Track 23 - A Narrow Escape
Track 25 - Fight!
Track 26 - A Tiny Love
Track 28 - Gracefully
Track 30 - With My Friend
Track 31 - The First Town [Town of Beginnings]
Track 32 - At Nightfall

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The following are tracks worth listening to in the OST. I'm surprised it has 33 tracks considering I didn't think there were THAT many songs used in the show. This is the only first OST and the next one comes with Vol 8 I believe. Jeez. Well, this OST has pretty much everything from the first part of the show. I expect OST 2 to be considerably shorter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODYVEt-Cbcc&list=PLzOXI8rKJX1SCcDJnRTH6vIkg9_uG6UzL

Track 1 - Swordland
Track 3 - Everyday Life
Track 12 - In Your Past (lol this is from Fate/Zero?)
Track 14 - Left in Suspense
Track 15 - We Have to Defeat It
Track 16 - At Our Parting
Track 17 - Confront Battle
Track 19 - Luminous Sword
Track 22 - A Tender Feeling
Track 23 - A Narrow Escape
Track 25 - Fight!
Track 26 - A Tiny Love
Track 28 - Gracefully
Track 30 - With My Friend
Track 31 - The First Town [Town of Beginnings]
Track 32 - At Nightfall

Swordland is a great song.

Uchip

Banned
Eureka Seven 23

2)Charles is quite possibly the nicest adult male Renton has ever met in the show. He and Ray treat him so nicely.
3)It's too perfect. Renton living happily out the rest of his days with Charles and Ray can't be, because I want it too much. I want him to be happy with them too much for it to last.
4)Renton learns to respect members of other religions! For anime, that's pretty damn refreshing.
5)Eureka is Terra Branford. Has annoying children. Pilots mecha. Isn't entirely human. Green hair and purple eyes. How did I miss this before?
6)No, seriously, Charles and Ray are too good to be true. Too damn good to be true.

the thing with pathetic and annoying characters in Eureka 7 is that theyre intended to be just that

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eureka Seven 23

Dude. Keep watching until you finish the second act. It's so good.

Thoraxes

Eureka Seven 23

Well, this is gonna be good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is pretty old news but w/e
Polar Bear's Café Anime to End This Spring

Yasuko Yamauchi, the editor-in-chief of Shogakukan's Flowers magazine, confirmed that the anime adaptation of Aloha Higa's Polar Bear's Café (Shirokuma Café) manga will continue until this spring. Another project based on the manga is currently planned.

The original gag comedy manga follows the daily life of penguins, grizzly bears, and other animals at a café run by a polar bear. Director Mitsuyuki Masuhara (Chi's Sweet Home, Kobato.) launched the anime at Studio Pierrot last April. Crunchyroll currently streams the series overseas as it airs in Japan.​
BEST OLD NEWS

Another project... live action show please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom