• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sorry to disapoint. But honestly, watching Diebuster was almost painful.

It's true. Gunbuster is a refined, elegant, mature woman. If you go in without any expectations, and treat her with respect, she will take you by the reins and show you what it means to feel alive.

Diebuster is a confused, noisy, bratty kid. You have to do all the work and in the end it's better just to put it in her mouth because she doesn't really have anything worth saying.

It's true. Gunbuster is a refined, elegant, mature woman. If you go in without any expectations, and treat her with respect, she will take you by the reins and show you what it means to feel alive.

Diebuster is a confused, noisy, bratty kid. You have to do all the work and in the end it's better just to put it in her mouth because she doesn't really have anything worth saying.

You have a way of saying it a little disturbing but I totally agree with that.

I found all the characters in Gunbuster to be relatively shallow. Especially Noriko who exhibited fairly little development over the course of the series.

But she's interesting from the beginning.

Aniplex of America has announced that Fate Zero (trailer) will be dubbed and premiere on Neon Alley.

Ryuunosuke sounds perfect.

English Cast
Saber: Kari Wahlgren
Kiritsugu Emiya: Matthew Mercer
Irisviel von Einzbern: Bridget Hoffman
Kirei Kotomine: Crispin Freeman
Assassin: Patrick Seitz
Tokiomi Tohsaka: Marc Diraison
Archer: David Earnest
Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald: Doug Erholtz
Lancer: Grant George
Waver Velvet: Lucien Dodge
Rider: Jamieson Price
Ryunosuke Uryu: Johnny Yong Bosch
Caster: Dan Woren
Kariya Matou : Liam O'Brien
Berserker: Kyle Hebert

Awesome. I'm not sold on Gilgamesh's voice based on the trailer, but the rest of it sounded good. Well, there's Johnny Yong Bosch, but at least he's not playing Waver.

I blame animegaf for killing my enjoyment of 0083. I'd been waiting and waiting and I waited too long as now I can see present flaws. I suppose that makes me a better viewer but nevertheless!

You should blame reality for killing any potential enjoyment of 0083. Everyone should have known how shitty that thing was before there were even anime threads on GAF.

Interesting. This is definitely going to help it reach a wider audience. Well, assuming the release is going to be far more affordable.

It's Aniplex USA, so 'affordable' might not be in the works. It should be a little better than before, though.

I can't tell who's worse. Midori or Mayaka. Aw hell. Who am I kidding? Both suck.

But Mayaka is awesome.

We should be far enough into the season that most people have probably finished adding/dropping shows and by now have a complete schedule (with the exception of DokiDoki, but whatever).

How many shows are you all watching on a weekly basis? If you're participating in a backlog season and watching older shows weekly, count those too.

13 normal shows and 2 short shows here.

3 for me. Space Brothers, From the New World, and Chihayafuru. Winter has been a pretty bare season this year.

Not at all. The hardwork mantra got tiresome by the first episode in which it's just drilled in and it doesn't really pay off in an appropriate manner either.

cillian_murphy_as_scarecrow_by_drinkyourmilkshake-d49cbfv.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Let's agree to disagree. I won't change my mind. Maybe for some personal subconsious reasons you feel more empathy for the Diebuster's characters. That's ok. You have perfectly the right of being tasteless, I won't hold it against you.

Screw you if you're going to insult me at the same time you offer an olive branch.

Cwarrior

Gintama ep29

I like these two part episode format better since it gives them less time to cram unpleasant sentimental mode time.

Part 1
Sword hunting warrior seen done ton of times before but I don't think I've seen it done this lame(done in ninja turtles,thundercats and many others, it's probably based on some old story since it's wildly used).

I have yet to see a fight in gintama that's worthy of even being called a fight, most are more set ups for bad jokes or blueball teases.
+hamburger comment was cool

Part 2 -"It's help me"
Cockroach invasion was better,kagura's engrish was the highlight unfortunately shinpachi wasn't killed off by being eaten.

The ending was ehh it felt like it was cut abruptly short maybe due to them running out of time.

Preview- Fuck, I hope that's not a shinpachi episode coming up next

Rurouni Kenshin 24

Time for the other much superior shounen anime that also take place in Old japan.

Showdown between sagara sanosuke and kenshin the rematch we've been waiting for
Sagara sanosuke should think about joining street fight roster with his hand to hand move set, too bad kenshin had to go all soul calibur on his ass.

The sanosuke farewell scene then leading upto the raid on the mansion with kenshin standing in their way was quite hype (the magic of good music)

Great episode overall, gintama could learn a lot from this like how to do sentimental scenes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So somehow Crunchyroll wound up with their own harem now.

qFbsF9v.png

All of their social media handlers must be very, very bored today.

Definitely not AniplexUSA. They're WAY too high maintenance, and won't go to any restaurant that's less than $250 a meal.

Kagami

Tamako Market 03 - 04

And now that i've gotten used to it more, i'm pretty sure the music for the OP and ED of Tamako Market are some of the best tunes they've chosen in a while. They have some light pop feeling to them, but the electronic kits in the ED are really good and catchy.
The OP song isn't all that special to me but I really like the ending.
In fact I think I'm going to go ahead and buy that right now.

ibhqFjaXrminGv.PNG

Guess I'll go ahead and pick up the Vividred OP and Haganai NEXT OP/ED while I'm at it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Classic GAINAX - Everything from Daicon to Eva
Wilderness GAINAX - Kare Kano to the last release of Diebuster
Neo GAINAX/The Imaishi Years - Gurren Lagann to Panty & Stocking
Shit GAINAX - Dantalian to today.

Classic GAINAX - Everything from Daicon to Eva
Wilderness GAINAX - Kare Kano to the last release of Diebuster
Neo GAINAX/The Imaishi Years - Gurren Lagann to Panty & Stocking
Shit GAINAX - Dantalian to today.

I didn't see Gurren Lagann. when I adavnce on my backlog I'll need to remember to watch it.

Saint Seiya Omega 43

I think it was a pretty alright episode, Yuna moments really ruined it. I wonder why does she continually have to get in the way and ruin the show. Why was she near Piskis and not with Haruto, Souma, and Ryuho?
Surely her Divine Tornado and Spinning Predation could have been more helpful over their with the four kings instead of failing to assault Piskis?
Piskis is really good (except for in a few camera angles) but I like his personality, not as good as Virgo Fudo, and Schiller, but still memorable.

Kouga should embrace the dark a bit more, that was a really epic scene when he broke free and stopped that spire. If he can go light or dark whenever, I think he may finally prove that he is a bit more powerful than even Eden. The lady with Mars seems to have dubious motives of sort, I was almost thinking they are setting her up to be the final boss and not Mars, though I dont know how many episodes are even left.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Futari wa Precure - 13

Man, I may need to rely on Honoka to protect the garden as Nagisa is worthless when it comes to dealing with guys. :(

Instro

Tamako Market 5

Kyoani sure likes their pool episodes. The lackadaisical nature of the show is pretty enjoyable. There's really no key storyline, at least not right now, but rather some very opaque story threads that are floating around in the show, loosely tied together. Right now the show is more about ongoing themes rather than anything in particular, which gives it more of an everyday life feel compared to Hyouka, or even K-On for that matter, both of which had a clear driving force.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry to disapoint. But honestly, watching Diebuster was almost painful. The only character than has something that could be interest-rising is
Chiko.png

Others are just plain boring. They even more paper-thin that Senran Kagura's characters which is an outstanding trait of sorts.

Well if there is one, please rattle me out of it.

Awww.
She's a cutie :3

Thoraxes

The OP song isn't all that special to me but I really like the ending.
In fact I think I'm going to go ahead and buy that right now.

ibhqFjaXrminGv.PNG

Guess I'll go ahead and pick up the Vividred OP and Haganai NEXT OP/ED while I'm at it.

I'm definitely of the ED > OP for this, but I am a sucker for the use of those string runs and trumpet in the intro of the OP. Plus the bass line is nice and poppy, and they have xylophone in it!

OceanBlue

Tamako Market 5
Aside from a few cuts, the animation wasn't as exciting as in the previous eps, many expressions felt like they could have been better polished and a lot of stiff movements. I guess I shouldn't expect everything to be as smooth as in Nishiya or Horiguchi episodes, since they're among the best Kyoani sakkans, and Seiichi Akitake (in charge of this ep) is not as good.

I liked the storyboard and directing, it shows that Rika Ota is Yamada's pupil, lol.

The animation seemed that way to me too. To me, this episode was a bit lacking compared to others in both framing and animation. Production quality in general just didn't seem as tight. Lol, Dera was pretty animated though.

What about Ota's storyboarding reminds you of Yamada? I'm not very good at catching things like that, so I'm interested in knowing why you think so. Only thing I know about Ota is that I learned who she was after she directed the episode of Hyouka where they get trapped in a shed.

Defuser

Tamako Market ep 5

d0MPw3g.png

Tamako must be really pure, even Mochizou can't think of her in a 2 piece swimsuit.

Potential shymalan twist : Michizou x Midori, double NTR.

zeroshiki

Mamoru Oshii had a Nico talk titled Mamoru Oshii Pisses Off Half The World (no seriously that's the title) and he was asked, yet again, his thoughts on Hayao Miyazaki.

ch5041_zpsdbd63178.jpg

The following is a rough translation of the transcription of his talk. Oshii talks really weird and since this is an unedited transcript, there are alot of non sequiturs and jumping around. I'm using the yaraon summary of the talk versus the actual transcript because this one makes more sense and is on topic.

Mamoru Oshii roughly translated said:
You know, I've been talking about him quite a bit but none of it ever gets picked up. I guess this speaks to where he is, his status right now. Its become some kind of taboo [to critize him].

For a movie directior, that's not a good thing. It seems, like for the media, there is no profit to be had in criticizing him. As long as he's seen as this great person, no one will criticize him and I feel sorry for him for that. While I've been saying bad things about him over and over and I feel like if I were to disappear, nobody would ever criticize him for anything ever again, I don't think any of it reaches him or he ignores it. The people all around me are quite fed up about it. I think its all Toshio Suzuki's fault though. Maybe 90% of it. The remaining 10% is probably Miya-san himself noticing it.

When I first met him, it was just after Lupin the Third Castle of Cagliostoro and it was, like, a director who says "I've made something incredible", you can see how free he was. "But it was fun" he says.

But now, because of the expectations and stuff, he's basically been play-acting himself now. If you do that over and over you'l be copying yourself over and over. But he doesn't like that.

He'll say "copying is bad" but I don't think its that big of a deal. That's why he is so isolated right now. If an isolated person comes down, that person would probably be quite different from what the world considers a normal human. I've known him for 20 years though.

He's an insane person but that insanity is what's good about him. Don't make it about his personality or how he's a master. I think what would be good for him would be some kind of scandal. Just once and I think he'll be quite free to work after that.

What I mean is that, I want to see his dark side and I wish he'd let it out. During Howl's Moving Castle I thought we saw a glimpse of it and I thought "Will he go there?" and that's why I liked the movie. But then he just went back after that. That's why Ponyo on the Cliff is the worst I feel.

It was supposedly about loving that part of yourself but if seen from another perspective, it becomes quite grotesque. But I guess, he didn't notice it or there wasn't an opportunity to do so. Its quite a grotesque story.

I think I'm quite a bit luckier than him since I only sell something like 1/100 of what Miya-san sells but I got lucky that there is an overseas market for my works so I get to continue working. So eventually, I have the choice to eventually be a director who doesn't sell. I don't mind being that. I'd rather be a director who doesn't sell versus a director who can't shoot. The ideal for any director is to be one who doesn't sell but can shoot.
http://getnews.jp/archives/284867

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom