• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: April 10th Doll Presentation [up: video with subtitles]

RPGCrazied

You need to start by downloading the basic/field data pack if you want the effects. You can also download the others if you so desire, will further reduce load times. Should appear under DLC in the listing for XCX on the JP eShop. Obviously, this is only necessary for people going physical.

You can't just install the disc? I have a 500gb drive on my WIi U.

chadboban

kzbqsh.gif

This one is just begging for a caption of some sort.

ChaosXVI

Oooooo...I can't wait to watch this...Xenoblade on Wii was so good, and this looks like it could blow it out of the water with the gifs I've seen..

Diffense

I was sold on the game long ago but the first 10 minutes of doll footage totally raised the hype even more. The wait for this is going to be excruciating and I'll have to avoid spoiling too much after it is released in Japan.

Who am I kidding...I'm surely going to break down and watch the first hour or so...
hope they don't pull a "Fiora"

God I don't even have words anymore. This just keeps shattering my expectations, everything looks incredible.

My only criticism is Sawano's insistence to keep putting lyrics in his songs. He's a GREAT composer but he really can't write lyrics. His orchestrated pieces are so varied and bombastic and memorable, but all his vocal focused songs sound really empty and lacking of any of the style he puts into his other works. Really hoping the majority of the music in X is orchestrated, because I heard a lot of songs with lyrics in this video.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
God I don't even have words anymore. This just keeps shattering my expectations, everything looks incredible.

My only criticism is Sawano's insistence to keep putting lyrics in his songs. He's a GREAT composer but he really can't write lyrics. His orchestrated pieces are so varied and bombastic and memorable, but all his vocal focused songs sound really empty and lacking of any of the style he puts into his other works. Really hoping the majority of the music in X is orchestrated, because I heard a lot of songs with lyrics in this video.

http://japanwebproxy.com/index.php?x=Mfv0Kfa6bO93J3KSIq91JfrEnu5DL20RJ2h0o2G/JD1uotn1usdNJCnNvw==

Amandeep

You almost took the words right out of my mouth with regards to the soundtrack. I am really hoping that we get Unicorn-tier Sawano. Even some of his lyric-based compositions worked so incredibly well in that show. I can never get tired of that soundtrack haha

Antagon

[Fugo];159594340 said:
I don't understand why you have to download those packs instead of installing them from the disk. It doesn't make sense at all

Maybe it's like a preload system for people that buy the game on disk, so that when they buy the game they don't have to sit through an extremely long install time?

Listening to the preview soundtrack has made me realize there's not really a single song on there I could see myself exploring a cool area and thinking "wow, this music fits so perfectly!" and humming it as I walk around (like I did in Xenoblade). Maybe one or two on Disc 3. There's a few decent songs on there, but I don't like most of them. It doesn't help that a lot of the lyrical tracks all sound the same to me.

Peltz

[Fugo];159594340 said:
I don't understand why you have to download those packs instead of installing them from the disk. It doesn't make sense at all

Nintendo doesn't offer an "install from disc" option. This is a workaround.

Fandangox

Listening to the preview soundtrack has made me realize there's not really a single song on there I could see myself exploring a cool area and thinking "wow, this music fits so perfectly!" and humming it as I walk around (like I did in Xenoblade). Maybe one or two on Disc 3. There's a few decent songs on there, but I don't like most of them. It doesn't help that a lot of the lyrical tracks all sound the same to me.

Yeah, I listened to the 17 minute preview and liked a few of those, but nothing like with the first Xenoblade, then again, I did get to hear all the Xenoblade music firsthand while I played the game, so maybe I will end up enjoying the OST more while playing X if the usage fits. I think the only lyrical one I like is The Key We Lost and me liking it probably has some relation to hearing it the first time at the E3 2013 Xenocross trailer where it fitted very well so we'll see.

That said, I enjoy this one in particular: https://youtu.be/wOMmE6bsl_c?t=839

jmizzal

This game better be in English at E3 with a release date!

Yes hoping for Aug release date

Nothing announced in NA for June, July or Aug, and this is the only game we have seen the most from

With Yoshi being Fall in NA, I think Xenoblade will be the game to fill that spot

Yeah, I listened to the 17 minute preview and liked a few of those, but nothing like with the first Xenoblade, then again, I did get to hear all the Xenoblade music firsthand while I played the game, so maybe I will end up enjoying the OST more while playing X if the usage fits. I think the only lyrical one I like is The Key We Lost and me liking it probably has some relation to hearing it the first time at the E3 2013 Xenocross trailer where it fitted very well so we'll see.

That said, I enjoy this one in particular: https://youtu.be/wOMmE6bsl_c?t=839

Yeah, "The Key We Lost" is one of the few lyrical ones I like and like you, that might be due to hearing it the first time on the E3 trailer, lol. My other favorite (MONOX) on Disc 1 is also likely because it was in the reveal trailer for the game. I still like it though.

LtOrange

Nothing announced in NA for June, July or Aug, and this is the only game we have seen a the most from

With Yoshi being Fall in NA, I think Xenoblade will be the game to fill that spot

I'm hoping it is earlier than August. I need as much time as possible with this before the Fall rush.

jmizzal

The game looks really interesting and looks fun to explore, but I'm really terrible at these action games (Monster Hunter goes over my head, for example). It gave me MH vibes. Is Xenoblade anything like MH?

Also I watched most of the stream (but not all) and understood most of it so if anyone has a question, I'll try to answer it.

Its not really like MH outside of you fight big monsters, the combat is completely different, and there is a lot more to do in Xenoblade, where as everything you do in MH is about preparing to fight Monsters and the fights are very grindy in MH, Xenoblade to me doesnt feel like a grind.

You almost took the words right out of my mouth with regards to the soundtrack. I am really hoping that we get Unicorn-tier Sawano. Even some of his lyric-based compositions worked so incredibly well in that show. I can never get tired of that soundtrack haha

Unicorn-tier Sawano lyrics would be a-ok with me haha. I forget how great that soundtrack is sometimes.

Nothing announced in NA for June, July or Aug, and this is the only game we have seen a the most from

Basically this. Yoshi, Fatal Frame and Mario Maker are slated for Fall and Star Fox is probably going to be Holiday, leaving Summer barren in NA. I know it's Nintendo but I can't believe they'd go the entire summer without something and Xenoblade really the only candidate since every other game is slated for Fall/Holiday.

MADGAME

Is there a gif of the color palette creator? That looked insanely good when they were using the sliders to modify the dolls.

Top Bottom