• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Aiii

So not worth it
Trump had so much trouble getting artists to perform there, he should have just ask Vince to put on a wrestling show.

Kaladin

Their whole angle this year with the Rumble is Remember The Rumble, and I get it....it's a play on Remember the Alamo, I'm just wondering if they're going to try something to set some kind of record or something to make it remembered.

Pretty much

They're not losing casuals any more, they're losing long-time fans. Historically, you don't recover when they're gone, and you can even see the impact that type of loss has had on WWE

As we've established, Nintendo is now the TNA of video games.

Soon, it will become the 2016 National Wrestling Alliance of video games.

"And now to perform for the inauguration pre-show here's Flo Rida!"

Welcome to my house...
I can see blue already dancing to this

giphy.gif

I know it happened last week but is there anything more pathetic than Steph being in like a 4cm proximity to another female and freaking the shit out screaming I HAVE THE BIGGEST DICK HERE, REMEMBER IT BITCHES!!

The way she talks down to the women wrestlers, lording over them just so everyone remembers that she's the one in charge and the only female that matters. So pathetic.

Re: Nintendo. I've been regurgitating the same talking points since the Wii days: Iwata and Reggie (for NA) have been the absolute worst people to happen for Nintendo. People looked up to them as these Willy Wonka figures when they've always been Snake Oil Salesmen.

Reggie , in particular, is just the fucking worst.

I am Australian so the Trump thing isnt as immediately fucked for me as others but fuck so many people here were stupified when it happened. It was like a fever dream in my house everyone was like 'no no, wait what the fuck is happening?'

There are plenty of idiots here too though. A friend of mine came around that weekend wearing a MAGA hat, which is as absurdly stupid as it sounds. He was carrying on with the most asinine horse shit you can imagine. The night did not end well.

My best friend married a Thai woman about 12 months ago. When old mate Trump supporter had about 10 beers in him and started with the "if you live here you should speak english" shit it lead to a bit of the "keep talking like that cunt and I'll throw you down that flight of stairs" type thing.

It is a really unbelievable nightmare though. I really dont think Trump can or will do shit, I worry more about emboldened racists and other maniacs.

Lothar

Banned
If Trump was asked by WWE to be in the rumble right now, do you think he would do it?

Consider that he likes the spotlight so much that he had a victory tour after winning the presidency. Consider that Linda gave him millions.

The observer rewind on wreddit is really good stuff. You read about a bunch of interesting stuff. They're currently on 1995 and every day is guaranteed to have good stuff.

Not sure why Meltz would call it sleazy, given that A) it seems to help people want to buy the observer and B) it's twenty year old stuff and people on wreddit post the present weekly shit all the time which is worse.

Edit: AJ got robbed. They stole his Xbox and games!

Pikma

Banned
The observer rewind on wreddit is really good stuff. You read about a bunch of interesting stuff. They're currently on 1995 and every day is guaranteed to have good stuff.

Not sure why Meltz would call it sleazy, given that A) it seems to help people want to buy the observer and B) it's twenty year old stuff and people on wreddit post the present weekly shit all the time which is worse.

What the fuck, how?

Because he's out of touch.

I've hated WWE style cage matches since I saw Warrior vs Rude at Summerslam '90 as a kid, more specifically the booking of them, winning by escaping the cage, okay it's dumb but okay it can add heat to the heel trying to run away however that's something a baby face should NEVER be doing because it's effectively the baby face saying they've had enough and want to get away without actually beating the heel and goes against the whole purpose of finally being face to face with your nemesis and getting your hands on them where they have no where to run and no one can save them. Face wins by pin fall or submission, the heel wins by doing something dastardly to manage their escape is how it should be. But nope.

Time for AJ to buy himself a fancy gaming laptop.

Cptkrush

I don't want to see Omega in WWE. Putting over Reigns or whoever come Mania season. Fucking hell.

I have a strong hunch that Reigns isn't their guy anymore, and Raw has been running in place since Balor was injured. Once Balor is back, that's it for Reigns. They'll do a Shield reunion and probably roll with that for a while.

But this is WWE, that would make too much sense.

This is from Dan, the belt maker

I was told they were looking into a new IC belt back in November, but a different source said they are replacing both Midcard belts.

No eta, no clue on design other than it's NOT copies of the Big Logo.

Why?

They want fresh designs they own the rights to.

IC belt is copyright of Parks/Millican/Mann LLC.

WWE is no longer using Dave Millican for their belts, so they probably want to drop the design so they don't have to pay royalties.

Cptkrush

I wish they could just get the rights to the IC belt so they could continue using it. It's perfect in every way. The US belt needs a redesign for sure though.

Top Bottom