• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 CFW & Homebrew: Scene Revived! -- morality arguments elsewhere

LordCanti

Is it safe to put the Assassin's Creed 3 disc into a PS3 with Rogero 4.30? I just want to make sure that it won't update my PS3 or anything.

Rogero is not so great thus far. From the initial installation, it's had to check the integrity of the file system on every third boot or so. It's pretty annoying.

Is it safe to put the Assassin's Creed 3 disc into a PS3 with Rogero 4.30? I just want to make sure that it won't update my PS3 or anything.

Rogero is not so great thus far. From the initial installation, it's had to check the integrity of the file system on every third boot or so. It's pretty annoying.
Yup I've had those. Not on boot up's though, but after the system randomly freezes and restarts.

I wish kmeaw would return. Rogero seems too quick to release things. He should let things cook a bit more instead of rushing things out to be "first" or whatever. The fact that he's always trying to be first and how he puts his branding on the OS startup (yes that still bothers me and i know i can change it) really makes me question this guys cred. I would have never upgraded to his firmware if N.A didnt give the go ahead. It works but its still buggy.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yup I've had those. Not on boot up's though, but after the system randomly freezes and restarts.

I wish kmeaw would return. Rogero seems too quick to release things. He should let things cook a bit more instead of rushing things out to be "first" or whatever. The fact that he's always trying to be first and how he puts his branding on the OS startup (yes that still bothers me and i know i can change it) really makes me question this guys cred. I would have never upgraded to his firmware if N.A didnt give the go ahead. It works but its still buggy.

Why dont you join me and install rebug? Supposedly brick proof and also very stable with a lot of extra functions.

Mitama

You don't need kmeaw when we got Rebug. And yeah, Rogero's CFW is a buggy mess, he's just rushing releases and probably only in this for the "fame".

Reallink

Are there any plans to add Rebug install instructions to the wiki since so many people seem to be hating on or advising against Rogero? Seems like Cameron did a pretty good job of it.

mackaveli

Is there a link for OFW 3.55?

I looked on a wiki site but the link is down.

Nevermind found it. But where can i find Rebug 4.21.1?

I've been looking on google and can't find a link or not sure if the the site is trusted.

Any help?

Why dont you join me and install rebug? Supposedly brick proof and also very stable with a lot of extra functions.

You don't need kmeaw when we got Rebug. And yeah, Rogero's CFW is a buggy mess, he's just rushing releases and probably only in this for the "fame".

Meh, if only I had read that post before upgrading. I guess I'll wait for a Rebug 4.31 or something that can be easily upgraded to. Everything does work, it's just a little buggy.

Thanks.
Yeah, I will be moving to rebug 4.31 if and when it hits. Not gonna downgrade to rebug 4.21 and go through that whole process. I use my OFW ps3 most the time anyways. CFW ps3 is with my brother. Rogero will have to do for now. It's not terribad, but just hope no bugs ruin the system in any way before rebug releases 4.31.

mackaveli

There are a ton of options in Multiman 10.0.

What options should I select for ps3 options?

I read that I am suppose to do this for better compatibility?

"enable the BD-Mirror option in multiman.. Also, changes emulation settings from Hermes --> Standard in Multiman."

I cannot find these options in Multiman. I haven't used CFW in a long time so these menus and changes are new to me and no idea what I'm suppose to do.

Thanks,

I wouldn't worry about emulation settings. I was once on Hermes and when I updated to the newest multiman the default was standard and I notice no issues either way. Everything works the same. Someone may want to correct me on this though. But the option is located at the very bottom of the multiman settings in the XMB-type viewing mode. I think.

As for BD-Mirror. I use it on all my games. It just guarantees everything will work basically. I also always have a disc in the system.

I always press select+X to start all my games from multiman but I think N.A said that after you start a game that way once, multiman will remember that and check the bd mirror box automatically for you so it will start the game through bd-mirror always from then on.

mackaveli

I wouldn't worry about emulation settings. I was once on Hermes and when I updated to the newest multiman the default was standard and I notice no issues either way. Everything works the same. Someone may want to correct me on this though. But the option is located at the very bottom of the multiman settings in the XMB-type viewing mode. I think.

As for BD-Mirror. I use it on all my games. It just guarantees everything will work basically. I also always have a disc in the system.

I always press select+X to start all my games from multiman but I think N.A said that after you start a game that way once, multiman will remember that and check the bd mirror box automatically for you so it will start the game through bd-mirror always from then on.

Thanks,

Also is there anything special I need to do when I want to connect and play online using PSN?

gtmax

Im broken as an old man in a 40yr old marriage. I boot up to a nice logo of Rogero. Check CFW version and it's all up to par at 4.30. Latest MM and what not. I can access Showtime and play flicks but trying to play a game or exit any app and i get greeted with a black screen.

Trying to get back to what i had: Kmeaw 3.55. That was rock solid. I might just buy another ps3 if i can't get this done. I'm going to try again and do the 4.25>3.55 downgrader. Then back to OFW 3.55 and then Kmeaw 3.55.

Thanks,

Also is there anything special I need to do when I want to connect and play online using PSN?
If you upgrade to Rogero 4.30 then no it works as normal without anything extra needed. If you are on a lesser firmware then I guess you need to use a workaround of which I have no idea about. F*ck PSN app or something maybe.

IMACOMPUTA

Hey guys.. can anybody tell me more about rebug 4.21's BRD emulation? One of my ps3's has a non-working Blu-ray drive... How can I still use it to play games that are stored on my harddrive?

PS3 CFW 4.XX+ F.A.R. (Full Auto Resigner) Script v0.5b

This thing is a godsend. Just made the jump to Rebug today and with not all of the latest versions of homebrew not being signed it's a handy tool and it works. Signed FBANext r490 and works perfectly. So I'm sharing this with everybody just in case somebody else sees use for it.

And if linking to it is a GAF no-no let me know and I'll take it down.

BosSin

This thing is a godsend. Just made the jump to Rebug today and with not all of the latest versions of homebrew not being signed it's a handy tool and it works. Signed FBANext r490 and works perfectly. So I'm sharing this with everybody just in case somebody else sees use for it.

The website you linked to is banned, here's what it gives me:

http://www.************/ps3-hacks-j...r-full-auto-resigner-script-v0-5b-is-released

Tess3ract

Banned

Does that work for PS3UserCheat?

It didn't do that when I previewed it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PS3...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

This link to Google should do it.
It's blocked because as I said earlier, ps3news is a dodgy site and you're better off sticking to ps3hax.net, ps3crunch.net, and psx-scene.com for news.

I guess I'll wait for a Rebug 4.31 or something that can be easily upgraded to.
Even if Rebug do end up doing that down the track – and there's no guarantee that they will – the upgrade process will most likely be the same as it is now: you'll still need to go back to 3.55 first.

Hey guys.. can anybody tell me more about rebug 4.21's BRD emulation? One of my ps3's has a non-working Blu-ray drive... How can I still use it to play games that are stored on my harddrive?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43942600&postcount=880

x3sphere

Don't bother with ps3news, they're dodgy. For CFW news stick to ps3hax.net, ps3crunch.net, and psx-scene.com.

PS3news knowingly released a file that bricked PSPs back in the day, so yeah, I'd stay away from them. They also sometimes tamper stuff to remove credits that reference any of their "competitors" so you can never be sure you're getting a legit file from them.

Does that work for PS3UserCheat?

Usercheat won't work until it's made compatible with 4.** versions of multiMAN, something to do with the BDEMU. With online play now possible I don't think it will happen :(

I hope the XMB screenshot enabler can be implemented into multiMAN or a separate app.

Tess3ract

Banned
Usercheat won't work until it's made compatible with 4.** versions of multiMAN, something to do with the BDEMU. With online play now possible I don't think it will happen :(

I hope the XMB screenshot enabler can be implemented into multiMAN or a separate app.
Why not?

95% of the cheats for usercheat were only for single player games or RPG games, you know, where who gives a fuck that someone got a +5 Lightning sword on the first level instead of on the third.

jediyoshi

Why not?

95% of the cheats for usercheat were only for single player games or RPG games, you know, where who gives a fuck that someone got a +5 Lightning sword on the first level instead of on the third.

It's a technical reason, I don't think anyone's holding back anything from release. Either way, usercheat was a closed source, dongle drm app that someone managed to get running after the fact, I don't think the actual group that manufactures it even has it running on 4.xx cfw.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bans going out for ps3 cfw users who've gone on PSN
Console AND account even.

As in "accessed PSN to any extent"? I've been signed in automatically a few times when copying data over to the PS3 via FTP, but haven't so much as accessed the PSN XMB tab, let alone browsed the store or played a game online.

Jal

I've not used PSN since having 3.55 cfw so it makes no difference to me, they have to do it to stop cheats though i expect.

I've not used PSN since having 3.55 cfw so it makes no difference to me, they have to do it to stop cheats though i expect.

Pretty much. Someone in the "Sony is banning people" thread mentioned CODBLOPS 2... which would be a huge issue for Sony if things get out of hand. Activision wouldn't be happy at all.

Top Bottom