• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

enygma214

Neo Member
There are ideas being thrown about that it might be Liquid. But I just have one question. When did Liquid get his hand cut off?

It wasn't in MGS1 (He supposedly just died). Ocelot had a new hand in MGS2 that was supposedly Liquids hand, which sporadically was taking over his consciousness. But then in MGS4 (can't remember exactly), but don't they explain that it was a programming that was done to Ocelot to think he was Liquid? It could have been his own hand that was re-grafted and Liquid has been in the background somewhere. They should definitely bring Liquid back!

CamHostage

You know, I kinda liked Raiden and the fact that Snake was already developed very well on MGS made sense that we had another character and see his struggles and grow...

Oh, I LOVED the Raiden rope-a-dope when it happened (and still appreciate it,) as it was bold and creative and revitalizing. However, as I was playing I somehow got it in my head that a second play-through would give me the chance to play as Snake and see everything he was doing while Raiden was contemplating existence. The letdown after that didn't happen, that those Snake in Big Shell trailers were fake and that huge gobs of the story were never going to be clear to me, that stung and still stings (especially after MGS2 Substance offered joke missions instead of adding story.) I feel bad for those who absolutely hate Raiden, but I do sympathize a bit that MGS2 could have used more Snake than it delivered.

Salaadin

There are ideas being thrown about that it might be Liquid. But I just have one question. When did Liquid get his hand cut off?

It wasn't in MGS1 (He supposedly just died). Ocelot had a new hand in MGS2 that was supposedly Liquids hand, which sporadically was taking over his consciousness. But then in MGS4 (can't remember exactly), but don't they explain that it was a programming that was done to Ocelot to think he was Liquid? It could have been his own hand that was re-grafted and Liquid has been in the background somewhere. They should definitely bring Liquid back!

Liquids hand was removed between MGS1 and MGS2 by Ocelot, I believe. For some reason, he decided to replace his limb with that of Liquids. Weirdo.

Besides, its the wrong hang. Liquid lost his right. Snake in the PP trailer lost his left.

It was shortly after the events of MGS1. After the Tanker Incident, Snake and Otacon stole Liquid's body and dumped it in the Hudson River to fake Snake's death. And during the Big Shell Incident, Rose mentions to Raiden that Snake's body was found, but missing an arm. So it was Liquid's arm on Ocelot during MGS2. Liquid's possession of Ocelot during MGS2 was real, and after MGS2 Ocelot had the arm removed secretly and replaced with a cybernetic one. Then he had the "programming" done to fool everyone into believing he had become fully possessed by Liquid.

Liquids hand was removed between MGS1 and MGS2 by Ocelot, I believe. For some reason, he decided to replace his limb with that of Liquids. Weirdo.

Besides, its the wrong hang. Liquid lost his right. Snake in the PP trailer lost his left.

Unless they mirrored the video like they did with the GZ image. Jokes.

This is totally OT but I can't make a new thread....

Octocamo confirmed?!?!?!?!

I personally call BS but we seem to be getting closer to yet another Kojima technological reality....

If we are to believe him it seems more like this....

4966978789_4c4f052938_b.jpg

...than the material transforming it self to have the same texture as its surroundings

:p

It made him a much more sympathetic and interesting character IMO. The fact that he put himself through all that because of his respect and admiration for Big Boss, rather than just being a ghost arm of a shitty villain.

vid

Revealing that liquids arm wasnt controlling ocelot was my least favorite thing about mgs4

If I remember correctly, it really was Liquid's arm possessing Ocelot throughout MGS2, but he later replaced it with the cybernetic arm because the random possessions were adding unexpected complications to his plans.

Salaadin

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meaioqLZ3R1r6406qo1_500.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

I wish I played Castlevania back then.
My mind was still blown with the controller movement and changing the port, though. SO many good moments there.

Mind blown again when I changed the controller port during Screaming Mantis in MGS4. Kojima, you bastard!

If I remember correctly, it really was Liquid's arm possessing Ocelot throughout MGS2, but he later replaced it with the cybernetic arm because the random possessions were adding unexpected complications to his plans.

That is correct. It's still a giant bummer. I mean, they could have kept the exact same storyline without this. In MGS2 and Nastasha's mémoire (forgot the name), it is clearly established that Liquid wants to destroy the Patriots just the same as Solidus.

The Phantom Pain = OBE (MOBY)

Practised by Emanuel Swedenborg (1747–65)

There are many twentieth century publications on OBE although only a few authors remain widely cited. These include Robert Monroe, Oliver Fox, Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington, and Yram.

In Japanese mythology, an ikiryō (生霊?) (also read shōryō, seirei, or ikisudama) is a manifestation of the soul of a living person separately from their body. Souls are also believed to leave a living body when the body is extremely sick or comatose.

Now tie this in with the trailer and the text. I believe the text could be the one sided part of Big Boss talking to the Doctor having just come to from the Coma and after being told to relax there is plenty of time. Perhaps Boss is drifting in and out of a coma. "V has come to"

What happened?

You were blah blah and went into a coma

Where am I?

In a hospital/secret facility

Why Can't I move my body?

Because you've been in a coma for X number of months/years.

Then the questions meander around what's actually being shown in the trailer where I believe it could be Boss' personal battle to awaken from the coma - except the helpful friend is actually pulling him back into the dream OBE. Perhaps Boss is slipping in and out of a comatose state. And as some have already mentioned, the helpful friend could actually be Big Boss' other self. Notice the hand on heart salute, OR imagine Boss looking at himself in the mirror - holding his arm (see the image).

Am I in a dream?

Yes or OBE.

Is this Real?

No.

Cue scene where Big Boss looks out of window (window symbolizes a window into the real world) Notice the light moving slowly from left to right, much like a light from a doctor opening Big Boss' comatose eyes (someone already mentioned this in another post). Notice the helper pulling Boss away from the light.

Then a statement

Something is Coming!

Notice the lights again, and just like at the window, there is ample time to be spotted yet the helper moves ahead to the door.

What is going on?

as evidenced by the madness that is Boss' OBE.

Do they want me dead?

No, they symbolize those who are to pull you out of your coma hence why they never actually capture/shoot you etc.

Notice once again how Boss is in full view of the soldier and yet unseen or ignored, the helper pulls him away once more. A phantom?

What are they after?

You Big Boss, possibly an invasion of your body (invasion of the body snatchers) your genes. The perfect soldier.

Do they Want us All Dead?

No only those who don't fit in with the plan.

Why is this happening to me?

Because you're Big Boss, legendary soldier and someone (Zero) wants to clone before you die.

No Escape?

No escape from the OBE except more lights in this scene and bullets that simply kill everyone else except you. No Escape for Hideo - a common theme.

Have I gone to Hell?

No. but the practices of what's happening to you in the real world are the start of something... Les Enfants Terrible.

Open your eyes

Wake up from the coma!

Open your eyes already

Wake up!

Now the last moments are very symbolic of the Doctor theory.

The helicopter with the light seemingly doing nothing. Boss looking at the carnage behind him. A momentary pause. Symbolic of staying in the coma or moving into the light to open the eyes. Except... the whale consumes the light and boss is drawn back into the coma.

Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain.

OBE Boss is a ghost/phantom hence remaining unharmed where others are dying.

NOW A HUGE CLUE THAT BOSS IS STILL IN A HOSPITAL BED AND NOT BEING CAPTURED BY THE SOLDIER OR ESCAPING ANYWHERE - note the the scene happening after it looks like Boss had escaped the building, now he's on the floor - some have suggested that the scene order is not correct.

Listen to the heart monitor during this scene and once again the light being shone in Boss' face, the eyes being covered by Boss, not cowering in fear, but shielding from the blinding light having just woken from the coma. Perhaps the soldiers symbolize those who have come to steal Big Boss.

"V has come to"

Just some random thoughts or two.

DieH@rd

Banned
MGS2 still has one of the greatest cyberpunk videogame tales ever told. Its a shame no one has the balls to repeat something like it today.

That's even more convoluted. I wonder why Kojima backed out like that, because he was clearly planning on pursuing it. IIRC he even hinted that ghost dude in MGS 3 was related to Liquid.

Salaadin

That's even more convoluted. I wonder why Kojima backed out like that, because he was clearly planning on pursuing it. IIRC he even hinted that ghost dude in MGS 3 was related to Liquid.

Think you have it a little backwards. The Sorrow and The Boss had a son. Ocelot was that son. We all thought that Ocelot inherited Sorrows ability to contact the dead and Liquid was able to take control of Ocelot that way through his arm.

Sky Chief

There are many twentieth century publications on OBE although only a few authors remain widely cited. These include Robert Monroe, Oliver Fox, Sylvan Muldoon and Hereward Carrington, and Yram.

In Japanese mythology, an ikiryō (生霊?) (also read shōryō, seirei, or ikisudama) is a manifestation of the soul of a living person separately from their body. Souls are also believed to leave a living body when the body is extremely sick or comatose.

Now tie this in with the trailer and the text. I believe the text could be the one sided part of Big Boss talking to the Doctor having just come to from the Coma and after being told to relax there is plenty of time. Perhaps Boss is drifting in and out of a coma. "V has come to"

What happened?

Where am I?

Then the questions meander around what's actually being shown in the trailer where I believe it could be Boss' personal battle to awaken from the coma - except the helpful friend is actually pulling him back into the dream OBE. Perhaps Boss is slipping in and out of a comatose state. And as some have already mentioned, the helpful friend could actually be Big Boss' other self. Notice the hand on heart salute, OR imagine Boss looking at himself in the mirror - holding his arm (see the image).

Am I in a dream?

Yes or OBE.

Is this Real?

No.

Cue scene where Big Boss looks out of window (window symbolizes a window into the real world) Notice the light moving slowly from left to right, much like a light from a doctor opening Big Boss' comatose eyes (someone already mentioned this in another post). Notice the helper pulling Boss away from the light.

Then a statement

Something is Coming!

Notice the lights again, and just like at the window, there is ample time to be spotted yet the helper moves ahead to the door.

What is going on?

Do they want me dead?

No, they symbolize those who are to pull you out of your coma hence why they never actually capture/shoot you etc.

Notice once again how Boss is in full view of the soldier and yet unseen or ignored, the helper pulls him away once more. A phantom?

What are they after?

You Big Boss, possibly an invasion of your body (invasion of the body snatchers) your genes. The perfect soldier.

Because you're Big Boss, legendary soldier and someone (Zero) wants to clone before you die.

No Escape?

No escape from the OBE except more lights in this scene and bullets that simply kill everyone else except you. No Escape for Hideo - a common theme.

Have I gone to Hell?

No. but the practices of what's happening to you in the real world are the start of something... Les Enfants Terrible.

Open your eyes

Wake up from the coma!

Open your eyes already

Wake up!

The helicopter with the light seemingly doing nothing. Boss looking at the carnage behind him. A momentary pause. Symbolic of staying in the coma or moving into the light to open the eyes. Except... the whale consumes the light and boss is drawn back into the coma.

NOW A HUGE CLUE THAT BOSS IS STILL IN A HOSPITAL BED AND NOT BEING CAPTURED BY THE SOLDIER OR ESCAPING ANYWHERE - note the the scene happening after it looks like Boss had escaped the building, now he's on the floor - some have suggested that the scene order is not correct.

Listen to the heart monitor during this scene and once again the light being shone in Boss' face, the eyes being covered by Boss, not cowering in fear, but shielding from the blinding light having just woken from the coma. Perhaps the soldiers symbolize those who have come to steal Big Boss.

"V has come to"

WTF do you mean by OBE? Out of body experience? If you are correct the doctor scene should be last.

magawolaz

The balls it took to pull off MGS 2 were gargantuan. The more you think about it, the more insane it is.

Kojima was in a PERFECT position to execute the tried and true "bigger = better" formula of the mega-hit sequel.

What does he do instead? He goes into psycho mode, delivers a game that acknowledges and breaks the fourth wall like never before; it played on the concept of projecting yourself into the character you play, and maintained the camp, humor and cheese while still being surprisingly smart and conscious about censorship, the online revolution and identity.

And what does he get in return? "LoL Kojima this Raiden guy is gay!"
*high-five*

vid

That's probably EXACTLY why. By the time MGS4 rolled around, we had already accepted that Liquid had taken over Ocelot's body and we were just fighting our old nemesis (BROOOOOTHER) at this point. By making Ocelot retake his body as his and his alone, we're given a new unexpected twist, as well as a callback to the whole point of MGS3. You've spent four games viewing Ocelot as an antagonist to Snake, someone who existed to get in the way and backstab everyone. When all is said and done, Ocelot is turned into a sympathetic character who wanted to take down the Patriots.

If Liquid had his way, he'd have taken control of the SOP system and the concept of Outer Heaven would have been corrupted into a Liquid ruled Outer Haven. But Ocelot wanted to make Big Boss' dream come true, and make the untainted Outer Heaven a reality.

strobogo

Banned
I'm playing MGS1 on PC for the first time play through and I missed out on wacky Mantis antics because of it. Just the mind control and "use the keyboard" which I couldn't do so I had to do the easy way of destroying the statues first. So basically it was super cheap and lame boss fight with nothing weird.

Also, I didn't play any MGS games until the HD collection. I played Snake Eater first and then 2 and had no problem with Raiden. I actually preferred him to play as over Snake in the Snake Tales. Also, it took me until Peace Walker to figure out how to choke people. I beat 2 and 3 with no choke outs. I felt like an idiot after I figured it out on PW.

An eagle-eyed YouTuber named DragoonBG saw my chronological edit video and messaged me asking if I could post some of his observations. EDIT: Looks like those "double zeroes" are simply bandage clips lol.

DragoonBG said:
First of all big thanks to BurnOutBrighter, for posting this!

I've been following the thread (though I haven't red every single post), so I'm going straight to the point, in order (most of the time) followed by the trailer.
While I was watching it (for who knows what time), I noticed that the guy with the bandaged head, which is moving with Snake, got something on his left side of the head/bandage. I took a screenshot and what was it:

pBveA.jpg

kQLPC.jpg

Double Zeroes. They can be noticed in other places as well -- the car accident, when bandage head guy is above Snake (on your feet soldier), (Mantis) child in front elevator, Snake and bandage guy go under bed and after. And that is not all. On Snake's bandage on the same place, barely and only clearly seen at one point (I think), there is a single zero preceded by barcode (at least looks like, it is covered by Snake's hair):

k9z9Y.jpg

QrcLS.jpg

Could this be our Ground Zeroes? Is there meaning to them at all? Just pure coincidence? Are they actually zeroes (to me they are)? What are those numbers doing on their bandages? What do you think?
For me it straighten the connection to Les Enfants Terribles project (I wonder if Solidus will have any part in the game). And damn, those zeroes are sure in front are eyes the whole time.

The next thing I want to point out, is something the last few days is gaining more followers. And that is about the fiery guy. He is one and the same in all three shoots that we see of him (it's been eating me for several days now). Here are the three scenes:

9yYtU.jpg

XmDdo.jpg

fim1V.jpg

Yep they are not the clearest one, but still. In all three there can be seen/noticed some tidbits.

First of all the head. It looks like there is something similar to gas mask on it (most visible on the last screen). The thing that is being constantly on the three shots is the fire line around his neck. After that look the hands, in all shots they are in fire (almost identically), and look the same in shape and form, as far as can say (on the last shoot there better angle of his left hand, but because of the clear view to the face, I choose to illustrate on that one). And lastly the legs. The lines on shot 1 and 2 are just too similar to be just an accident. Shot number 3, is not very evident because of the wings, but leg is on fire (or maybe behind the wing), and there is protector look-alike close to that in shot 1.

Shot 3 have black lines around to illustrate that the rider is holding single rein bridles. I just want it to clear that out, because there was discussion about it a several pages back (sorry if it was elucidate already).

HuvI8.jpg

And who exactly is this guy? I've got two versions:

1. He is entirely new character (though I played only MGS 1/2/3, and may knowledge about the universe is not complete).
2. He is Psycho Mantis (child) or more so his (psychic) representation.

I like the latter more. And with the video that BurnOutBrighter made it is more evident:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLb6NPKWQ5g&feature=youtu.be

Let's go deeper on that path. I mentioned some things in the comment of the video. I believe that child Mantis is there to help. He is not the attacker, and he is not with the soldiers. The scene in front the elevator, slows down Snake and his bandage head comrade, just enough before the explosion (which is made to look like child Mantis is creating).

Latter (trailer end) we see him fly off just before soldier turns toward him. In the beginning of that scene behind the soldier with the flashlight it can be noticed another one, holding RPG:

MRknl.jpg

That is where my bell started to ring. What if after child Mantis flys off, soldiers got startled when they see him, and shoot at him with that RPG (ending of that scene kinda point toward such development). Hence part of the destruction and the fiery guy.

And what about he flaming horse/unicorn rider (come on flying whales, winged unicorns = child's visions). What if he is really child Mantis psychic manifestation. Again in the comment section of BurnOutBrighter's video, I make assumption that he is trying to warn Snake and his comrade (about the chopper) when they are in the ambulance and in thus causing them to crash.

Plus someone mentioned in the thread, that on twitter Kojima said he was planning to bring back some old character (or something on the lines).

So what do you think?

What about those character:

aCjHW.jpg

Some of the things were already been pointed out. But who is it? Is it male or female? Look the posture when it's turning, look the uncovered right hand (not very strong), and the feminine face. It may really be a woman, despite the Raiden/Raikov look. Though I'm still wondering who might that be.

Other things that were cleared out, the flower petals, and some of them on fire (also can be seen latter when Snake extend his prosthetic arm towards one of them). But there is as well a vase containing similar flowers in the left corner. So they are real. Also on this shot from the thread, you can see one of the petals on Snake's lap (and on the ground):

30039739.png

Here bandage head guys is near the window wondering about something. I bet that feminine character on fire (in that scene the window is also open, and the movement of the camera direct towards it) jumped through.

And to finish, some wrong assumption that I made. On this shot I thought I see another prosthetic:

jJdhS.jpg

It does look like such a thing vey much. Though it turned out it was a bandage hand with clipping thumb on the ground.
Here is another shot of the same hand on the same place (as a bonus, in that red square are seen child's bare feet with leather belts around the ankles -- pretty Mantis like ):

xchnR.jpg

In that scene the bandage head guy can be seen holding a gun with silencer. On the shot the gun is clipping through the ground, but a few second latter it is obviously.

A very big thank you again to BurnOutBrighter for mediating!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don´t think so.. it looks like a leather jacket.. probably given to him to keep him warm.. it looks like a leather jacket for a grown man that he is wearing.. a straight jacket is white (normaly) and has straps at the end of the "sleeves"..

Not for a kid who burned his village down:)

Bandaged guy is probably not Campbell, doesn't sound like young Campbell from Portable Ops. I think it's probably Gray Fox. He handles the same gun as Solid Snake. He was the subject of the "Perfect Soldier" program. Since GZ/PP is probably about child soldiers, it would make sense to bring him back. Here is the cut scene where Big Boss meets him; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YwoPH7GBvo

If this game is about child soldiers, Gray Fox HAS to be there. The voice in the PP trailer isn't the same, but it could be him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nSfajBs2nyQ#t=32s

About the flaming guy's suit: Volgin, Cunningham in PO, Big Boss in PO and PW and GZ, they all have pretty much the same suit with the pads on the legs and all.

Not for a kid who burned his village down:)

Bandaged guy is probably not Campbell, doesn't sound like young Campbell from Portable Ops. I think it's probably Gray Fox. He handles the same gun as Solid Snake. He was the subject of the "Perfect Soldier" program. Since GZ/PP is probably about child soldiers, it would make sense to bring him back. Here is the cut scene where Big Boss meets him; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YwoPH7GBvo

If this game is about child soldiers, Gray Fox HAS to be there. The voice in the PP trailer isn't the same, but it could be him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nSfajBs2nyQ#t=32s

About the flaming guy's suit: Volgin, Cunningham in PO, Big Boss in PO and PW and GZ, they all have pretty much the same suit with the pads on the legs and all.

I can't imagine gray fox saying to Big Boss, "on your feet soldier" with the tone he said in trailer, that's not the way you talk to your mentor figure or your commanding officer.

Just when I thought the love for Metal Gear was lost forever on GAF this thread happens. I see the obsession here tonight and it reminds me why I love gaming. Love the gaming community. Fucking pictures of real horses....

#drunk

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just when I thought the love for Metal Gear was lost forever on GAF this thread happens. I see the obsession here tonight and it reminds me why I love gaming. Love the gaming community. Fucking pictures of real horses....

#drunk

It only exists because Kojima's attention to crazy detail makes the ocd nutjobs aka core gamers get all wet and shit. I mean i would really like to hear some story as to the bits of detail the design team are actually aware they put into this trailer sequence. Cause there seems to be a whole lot.

Well, shit, now that the picture of python was posted, that does look really similar to him. Even though he was "icy," if its a hallucination it doesn't really matter.

The sneaking suit is almost a perfect match.

The only thing is that Kojima seems to want to sweep Portable Ops under the rug, so it would really surprise me to see a character that was only in Portable Ops resurface in a high profile, and most likely console, MGS.

Salaadin

Fucking pictures of real horses....

#drunk

Weve all been there before, man. Alcohol makes us do crazy thing!

It only exists because Kojima's attention to crazy detail makes the ocd nutjobs aka core gamers get all wet and shit. I mean i would really like to hear some story as to the bits of detail the design team are actually aware they put into this trailer sequence. Cause there seems to be a whole lot.

I wonder how much of this stuff thats been pick apart has any relevance at all. Some of it seems sooo solid (pun intended) while other theories are shaky but still possible. Funniest bit about all of this for me is that we still have no confirmation that this is even a Metal Gear game. I mean, Im convinced that it is but it would be hilarious if it wasnt.

deviljho

An eagle-eyed YouTuber named DragoonBG saw my chronological edit video and messaged me asking if I could post some of his observations. He's got some good ones, particularly the "double zeroes" markings on the bandages. His complete post is here:

I think those bandage marks are ace bandage clips.

desk173.jpg

HardRojo

I think those bandage marks are ace bandage clips.

desk173.jpg

Yeah, I mean it's alright to find and decipher the tiniest details but mistaking bandage clips for zeroes is reaching it.
Edit: The image above seems like a much better explanation for the "double zeroes"

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I don't think you will seeing too many references of Portable Ops in a game directed by Kojima. Even if it's treated as a canon in the overall timeline, Peace Walker barely acknowledges it aside from this.

g4A45.gif

But then again, this is Kojima we're talking about...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I can't imagine gray fox saying to Big Boss, "on your feet soldier" with the tone he said in trailer, that's not the way you talk to your mentor figure or your commanding officer.

Yeah you're right, it would be more appropriate if said that to Snake.

Must be someone we know though, the face being hidden would be for a reason. Doubt it's Campbell though.

edit: Guys, ALL the characters since MGS3 have had those same suits. Volgin, Cunningham, Pyton, Big Boss, etc. I really don't think it's Python. It's either a new character, or just an illusion. My guess is it's actually Big Boss, as seen by Mantis. A sort of "protector" he has created for himself. I'm thinking he helps Big Boss escape.

fokkusu

I don't think you will seeing too many references of Portable Ops in a game directed by Kojima. Even if it's treated as a canon in the overall timeline, Peace Walker barely acknowledges it aside from this.

g4A45.gif

But.. that is not a reference to Portable Ops.

g4A45.gif

Yeah. As I said earlier, Kojima seems to be treating Portable Ops in the same way Sylvester Stallone treats Rocky V; that is, as if it never existed.

Spinluck

Holy shit, he rightfully earned his throne as top tier troll as far as game designers go. Shows "next gen engine", nerfs it, and releases it on current gen.

He smokes Sakurai. Jaffe is not much of a troll, I just see him as blatant. Square Enix and Sony are up there too, TLG and Versus alone puts them there. So yea, Kojima.

Kojimaception.

What happened?

Where am I?

Am I in a dream?

Yes or OBE.

Is this Real?

No.

Then a statement

Something is Coming!

What is going on?

Do they want me dead?

What are they after?

No Escape?

Have I gone to Hell?

Open your eyes

Wake up from the coma!

Open your eyes already

Wake up!

"V has come to"

I...this...whoa.

Someone put the scenes from the trailer in reverse order and see if it makes any sense.
Also put the title reveal last.

Sorry for the confusion but yeh. OBE = Outer Body Experience and yes, the first scene is actually the last. Actually, BB was mortally wounded after the Zanzibar War where he lost body parts so that would fit with the whole hostpital, coma, missing limb.

I will work on rearranging the trailer today. Someone else already did that, anyone got a link. I assume my version will be slightly different.

BigDes

so some random observation from the trailer...

ibbUchDWPZElGy.jpg

The bandaged guy has a gun now.. have we not seen this gun before..?

iTOCrohu4RhFD.gif

looks like it..

and one last little strange detail..

If that is the SOCOM pistol then it's interesting as that particular pistol didn't enter service until 1996 and is still in service today

Now I know it could be Kojima craziness but he's always tried to be somewhat accurate in his gunporn. At the very least in the descriptions.

Varth

Well, shit, now that the picture of python was posted, that does look really similar to him. Even though he was "icy," if its a hallucination it doesn't really matter.

The sneaking suit is almost a perfect match.

The only thing is that Kojima seems to want to sweep Portable Ops under the rug, so it would really surprise me to see a character that was only in Portable Ops resurface in a high profile, and most likely console, MGS.

You must also keep in mind (didn't see this being brought up yet) that he was a comrade of BB, and that killing him with lethal means would make his special suit catch fire.

If you read the Horse/Petals theme as some kind of guilt trip where he sees Boss as a Valkyrie or Fury from hell coming for him, it would make sense he was allucinating about Python dying in flames because of him.

Hanmik

If that is the SOCOM pistol then it's interesting as that particular pistol didn't enter service until 1996 and is still in service today

Now I know it could be Kojima craziness but he's always tried to be somewhat accurate in his gunporn. At the very least in the descriptions.

damn I didn´t even notice that little detail..

is there any other gun that looks like the socom ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom