• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | April 2014 Thread | "Trying To Bring Forth Sanctum 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapejara

Honestly no idea.
I keep jumping from game to game.
I want to plat Rayman Legends, but that won't happen.

Yeah, I keep game hopping as well. First I was gonna plat Call of Juarez: BiB, then it was Medal of Honor, then it was Minecraft, now it's inFAMOUS: Second Son. Hell at one point I wanted to try and reach 100 platinums by the end of the year. It's August and I've only got like two.

Eventally I'll start getting plats again so I can make Spelunker HD #30.

Red_Kop

Neo Member
What's everyone planning on getting Platinum /100% in this month?

I was planning on finishing off Trine 2 Complete on the PS4.

Just finished all the levels on hard + hardcore. Was quite tough, bit of a slog.

Only to find that the trophy is glitched and doesn't work properly.

Took my enthusiasm right away for the game, and have promptly moved on to The Last of Us.

Tapejara

Platinum #27 inFAMOUS: Second Son - relatively easy and glad I got it out of the way. Solid game, not as good as the first two games imo but enjoyable enough.

100% Another World Another easy one. Very short, but difficult game and most trophies are tied to the story anyway. Enjoyed my time with it.

I was originally planning on moving on to Medal of Honor or Bulletstorm next, but I'm thinking I might finish up Master Reboot instead as that's an easy platinum. Hoping to 100% Octodad too.

Pimpwerx

I was planning on finishing off Trine 2 Complete on the PS4.

Just finished all the levels on hard + hardcore. Was quite tough, bit of a slog.

Only to find that the trophy is glitched and doesn't work properly.

Took my enthusiasm right away for the game, and have promptly moved on to The Last of Us.
Really? I solo's that plat and had no idea there was a glitch. You had to complete your hard/hardcore run all on one save file. What I mean by that is, you can solo it completely yourself, or you can coop the whole way, but with the same person. If you solo part of it and then coop another part, it doesn't work. I don't think it can be done via level select either. The final boss was a bitch solo. PEACE.

Returners

I rented Contrast on PS Now.

After beating it, it needs to sync trophies. All of the trophies... :S

EDIT: actually not that bad, was pretty fast.

Red_Kop

Neo Member
Really? I solo's that plat and had no idea there was a glitch. You had to complete your hard/hardcore run all on one save file. What I mean by that is, you can solo it completely yourself, or you can coop the whole way, but with the same person. If you solo part of it and then coop another part, it doesn't work. I don't think it can be done via level select either. The final boss was a bitch solo. PEACE.

From reading the responses of the devs to the glitch, this is what I have found;

- It seems that it manifests itself mainly when people play multiplayer (note, it's not even when you complete a level on multiplayer, it just glitches the game when you play it).

- You will only get the trophy if you are the host when playing multiplayer.

- Level select should work.

- A new save file with just you hardcore/hard game is sometimes necessary.

In my case. I didn't play multiplayer, I didn't start a new save, and I did all the levels solo from the level select, not in order (marking each as I went). It glitched for me.

In short, they don't really know what causes it specifically and they don't know how to fix it. Such a shame, as I was enjoying the challenge but the anti-climax of not receiving the trophy really put me off playing the game any more.

Nintendad

OMG, i don't know how anyone can do the death mode levels in sound shapes.

i can do a few, but some of these are so fucking hard.

I suggest sticking up one until you get it. Try going for one or two a day and over time you'll get it. I actually found them easier to get on Vita thanks to the slowdown. Also watch some videos to see how they did it. May open your eyes to new strategies.

mstevens

Platinum #18 The Last of Us: Remastered

Wow.. What a game. I didn't own a PS3 when this came out, so this was my first experience with it. Definitely lived up to the hype (although I wouldn't say it's the greatest game of all time like that recent list did..) Pretty fun platinum.. didn't have any problems with the collectibles and I thought the multiplayer was pretty fun once I got used to it.

Next on my list: Keep working towards my last trophy in FFXIV (leves) and start Diablo 3 on PS4.

Tapejara

Finished the story and alternate ending for Master Reboot. Only trophies I really need now are for collectibles and some miscellaneous stuff, but I read the collectible trophies are glitched unless you play through the game in a single playthrough. It's a pretty short game, but I ended up playing it over the course of five months so...yeah, really hoping I can just grab the collectibles and get the trophy using my original save.

Returners

Finally done with TLOU Remastered Plat. Need to finish Left Behind tomorrow so I can start Diablo 3 all over again.

Regarding Diablo 3 UEE, I've been trying to find any information about the cross platform syncing of trophies. The PS3 version of UEE to PS4 UEE for example. I found something like this:
http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/18698-interesting-how-they-did-the-trophy-list/#entry387776

Gist:
- Apparently stats don't carry over. At least not the level 70 with 6 different classes.
- Need to go through all acts again for the story related trophies (there's one for each act all quests complete)

I've looked at his trophy lists for both platforms. And even the jeweler/blacksmith/mystic level trophies don't carry over. (he currently only has the mystic trophy for PS4 version of UEE but has all of them for the PS3 version)

So... proceed with caution.

If you're playing Diablo on PS4, add me on PSN.

Footos22

OMG, i don't know how anyone can do the death mode levels in sound shapes.

i can do a few, but some of these are so fucking hard.

Most is just down to pure luck of the placement of the dots as its completely random. there is no set pattern so strategy isnt really an option you just have to be precise.

Found it quite easy after a few.

328 silver trophies 4 golds and 4 plats make it worth it.

Lima

Haven't made any progress at all the last few weeks towards 500k gamerscore but got three platinum trophies. Last of us remastered, infamous second son and infamous first light yesterday. And now he ps4 is back to collecting dust until October when Driveclub hits.

Smokey

So are these threads not made every month anymore? Activity seems slow. With the new consoles I expected there to be more going on. Wondering if the old months in the title are contributing to this.

mstevens

Platinum #19 inFamous First Light

I really enjoyed this DLC. Playing as Fetch was great from a character point of view, as well as an ability point of view. Her neon powers are so much fun, especially in the arena. I did have a ton of trouble with the beta rescue 500k points trophy, but I got most of the rest of them in one shot. Since most people didn't have trouble where I did, I'd see this is an easy platinum. Lots of bang for your buck too.. Story didn't seem short at all and arena has a lot of replayability.

Still working on D3 (gotta just level up the rest of the classes and do a few hundred more bounties) and FF14 (levequests).

BlindRage

Working on the 1k in nba 2k14, only got 3 myteam achievements left. Looking like I'll be the 7th person in the world to get em all

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i'm trying to platinum mass effect 1 because i realized i hate myself, i now have to complete the game at 80% like 3 more times to get all the allies trophies. Man it just feels tedious, has anyone tried to platinum this game?

Fisty

So i'm trying to platinum mass effect 1 because i realized i hate myself, i now have to complete the game at 80% like 3 more times to get all the allies trophies. Man it just feels tedious, has anyone tried to platinum this game?

Did it, it was a bit tedious but very manageable if you break it up a bit.

I did an engineer bullshit run with tali and liara to get those trophies, then I started my main character with kaiden and ashley a few months later. Waited a few weeks and did my insanity/level 60 run. At this time youve got an assload of boosts from trophies and you can pick barrier/shield boost.

Best advice I can give is space out playthroughs, dont start any sidequests at all until you get your allies you want to use, and use mako to weaken big enemies, then get out to get the kill for a big exp boost. Especially on thresher maws

JSoup

Banned
Been chipping away at inFAMOUS: Second Son and Resogun.
Not that it matters, the PS4 is still refusing to connect to the damn PSN. :/

Gray Matter

XFreaktionX.png

Edit: got 12 platinums in total.

Got the plat in lego marvel, that was pretty fun; although quite a grind for gold bricks and what not. Then tried to go play Arkham Origins blackgate on vita, got about an hour in and decided to hide the game off of my list, thought it was terrible. Off to start Mafia 2 and try to 1000 g it before Destiny comes out

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Did it, it was a bit tedious but very manageable if you break it up a bit.

I did an engineer bullshit run with tali and liara to get those trophies, then I started my main character with kaiden and ashley a few months later. Waited a few weeks and did my insanity/level 60 run. At this time youve got an assload of boosts from trophies and you can pick barrier/shield boost.

Best advice I can give is space out playthroughs, dont start any sidequests at all until you get your allies you want to use, and use mako to weaken big enemies, then get out to get the kill for a big exp boost. Especially on thresher maws

Thanks for the tips! You are right i should space out my playtroughts but i want to to platinum as fast as possible, it's dumb i know. All i have left is the grinding missions/powers trophies, thankfully i glitched the hardcore trophy so that's one less playtrough so i just need to do insane run.

I gotta ask, is there a glitch in Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, like in the Original where you would switch to Hard difficulty and it would be were you left off on normal?

Megatron

Thanks for the tips! You are right i should space out my playtroughts but i want to to platinum as fast as possible, it's dumb i know. All i have left is the grinding missions/powers trophies, thankfully i glitched the hardcore trophy so that's one less playtrough so i just need to do insane run.

You can glitch the insane one also. I did it.

Returners

Alright Diablo 3 UEE PS3 version is done:

Don't worry about maxing everything (Jeweler/Blacksmith/Mystic).

Socketing / Enchanting an item in the PS4 version will do a check for the Artisan levels and unlock them.

I didn't check Bounties again, but from what I remember they were reset to 0.

Speaking of which, on the way to 500 bounties I unlocked the 5 mil gold challenge (which was the grind last time, so this one is definitely more grind-y).

Yanksfan

Only $20? :( Should be $50. It's kinda hard.

It is a free entry man. People work hard to max out achievements/trophies just for the fun of it, so why complain that someone is offering a reward for doing so?

Edit:

I am not what I classify a 'trophy hunter' or 'achievement whore', though that is likely just because I have limited gaming time and also gaming ADD. I think I am going to give the Prince of Persia reboot a crack at achieving a Plat. I have played and beat it for the X360 back when it launched, but I have had an itch to replay. I pretty much am a Sony fanbot these days, so I picked it up on the PS3 and am going to shoot for the plat. I looked it up on PST.org and was surprised it only had a 3/10 difficulty, considering it has a pretty grindy orb fest to collect, a 65 different combo list to master, a 'die less than 100 times' when there are some awkward jumps and deaths that can occur in the game, and a speed run to accomplish. Maybe I will find that these are all easy to accomplish, but none of them are ones I tried when playing on the X360, and they appear to be somewhat of a pain. I guess I will find out.

Gamejunky

Man I miss this thread. Loved comparing achievements with other gaffers, gave me motivation every month to try and get in the top 5

I'm having a lot of trouble grabbing my last Garden Warfare trophies.
This one in particular
"As a Soldier, Vanquish 2 Players using a single ZPG strike"

Its just a pain in the ass to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom