• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Burbeting

Banned
if by "acting scummy" you mean "calling out burb" then sure

I still haven't heard any actually good arguments from you, that don't either also have something to do with Timeaisis, or that I have told my arguments for only to be countered with "I won't care because it's you who is saying so". I have to admit it's bit frustrating.

Ty4on

Do people think Kalor flipping town would be helpful? Obviously losing a decent power role is always bad, but I'm thinking of D2's voting record.

I initially thought it'd be helpful, but his claim could've made him a bad target.

Camjo-Z

I still haven't heard any actually good arguments from you, that don't either also have something to do with Timeaisis, or that I have told my arguments for only to be countered with "I won't care because it's you who is saying so". I have to admit it's bit frustrating.

I don't remember talking about Timeaisis... but in any case, sometimes there is no obvious proof of mafia. Sometimes I must follow my nose, wherever it goes...

...But that time is not now, because nothing's worse than being the schmuck who dies because he wouldn't move his vote to a lynch that's actually going somewhere.

VOTE: Kalor

Burbeting

Banned
Do people think Kalor flipping town would be helpful? Obviously losing a decent power role is always bad, but I'm thinking of D2's voting record.

I initially thought it'd be helpful, but his claim could've made him a bad target.

Why did Kalor claim EVEN night commuter, though? He had no real incentive to do that.

I mean, he had incentive to claim, he was leading in votes. But claiming even night commuter didn't really make any sense, because Scrafty had already claimed cop, and was obviously going to be night killed that night. By all means, if Kalor had been town, he would have claimed odd night commuter, so scum would have been more fearful to target him in N3. Instead he claimed Even night commuter... but why?

It's possible, that Scum was going to let Scrafty live for D3, since she was most likely going to check weemadarthur (since godfather and all). So town would have been confused in D3 why both Scrafty and Kalor were both alive. The solution? Claim even night commuter, so Kalor wouldn't need to explain why he was alive today.

Obviously that plan would have failed with Weemad dying, but then scum just killed Scrafty, and Kalor didn't need to explain anything.

RetroMG

By request, new vote count:

kalor (7)
burbeting 1288 (1486)
xamtheking 1469 (1499)
burbeting 1513
xamtheking 1535 (1768)
roytheone 1665
nin1000 1691 (1895)
timeaisis 1756
fireblend 1994
launchpadmcq 2071
absolutbro 2179
camjo-z 2204

camjo-z (4)
salvapot 2092
czartim 2173
terrabyte20xx 2182
nin1000 2190

absolutbro (2)
czartim 1373 (2117)
ourobolus 1481 (1546)
ourobolus 1550 (1597)
ourobolus 1606
launchpadmcq 1677 (1920)
xamtheking 1768
launchpadmcq 1930 (2071)

robotninjahornets/Seath (1)
salvapot 1442 (1506)
salvapot 1654 (1748)
kalor 1673

burbeting (1)
nin1000 1913 (2190)
camjo-z 2094

xamtheking (0)
kalor 1429 (1673)
timeaisis 1497 (1615)
xamtheking 1499 (1535)
salvapot 1506 (1635)
ourobolus 1546 (1550)
absolutbro 1554 (1625)
launchpadmcq 1585 (1636)
ourobolus 1597 (1606)

ourobolus (0)
burbeting 1486 (1513)
fireblend 1670 (1994)
camjo-z 1695 (2094)
salvapot 1748 (2035)

czartim (0)
absolutbro 1625 (2179)
launchpadmcq 1920 (1930)

The following players do not have an active vote:
Bronx-man
BananaSpacePrincess
Ty4on
Seath

Burbeting

Banned
I don't remember talking about Timeaisis... but in any case, sometimes there is no obvious proof of mafia. Sometimes I must follow my nose, wherever it goes...

I mean the thing that there was acitivity N1 near nin. It could either mean that me or Time moved, or that we were targeted. Yet you kept insisting it means I moved that night.

roytheone

If he is speaking the truth, his power being decent is debatable. I doubt scum or the arsonist would ever night target him after his claim, so his power is basically useless at this point. The only way for his power to become useful again if somehow he becomes confirmed town, which I don't see happening.

Camjo-Z

I mean the thing that there was acitivity N1 near nin. It could either mean that me or Time moved, or that we were targeted. Yet you kept insisting it means I moved that night.

Didn't Terra say that he only felt one source of movement next to him N1 (aka kingkitty dying)?...

...UNLESS DYING DOESN'T ACTUALLY COUNT AS MOVEMENT

TERRA + TIME FOR MAF

Burbeting

Banned
Didn't Terra say that he only felt one source of movement next to him N1 (aka kingkitty dying)?...

TERRA + TIME FOR MAF

No, Terra said he was mistaken, and that he would only know if there was acitivity or not. He doesn't know if there was activity in one or two seats.

Ty4on

Why did Kalor claim EVEN night commuter, though? He had no real incentive to do that.

I mean, he had incentive to claim, he was leading in votes. But claiming even night commuter didn't really make any sense, because Scrafty had already claimed cop, and was obviously going to be night killed that night. By all means, if Kalor had been town, he would have claimed odd night commuter, so scum would have been more fearful to target him in N3. Instead he claimed Even night commuter... but why?

It's possible, that Scum was going to let Scrafty live for D3, since she was most likely going to check weemadarthur (since godfather and all). So town would have been confused in D3 why both Scrafty and Kalor were both alive. The solution? Claim even night commuter, so Kalor wouldn't need to explain why he was alive today.

Obviously that plan would have failed with Weemad dying, but then scum just killed Scrafty, and Kalor didn't need to explain anything.

This was some time before Kalor claimed, but Wee's continued attack on Scrafty makes me wonder if scum were initially scared of Scrafty and were hoping to get her lynched despite the claim. Maybe her attacking was to keep Scrafty suspicious, but that would have been really risky.

This does however assume scum had good communication. I think yesterday might be a hint that it isn't with Wee sticking out way too much and no one saving her.

Fireblend

Banned
So, like what you're doing?

Sure. Except no. I voted at a time where it seemed like most players had decided to hunt for the arsonist. If I was scum, I would have pushed for the arsonist angle then. I've been trying to get us back on the scum-hunting train for a while.

Burbeting

Banned
This was some time before Kalor claimed, but Wee's continued attack on Scrafty makes me wonder if scum were initially scared of Scrafty and were hoping to get her lynched despite the claim. Maybe her attacking was to keep Scrafty suspicious, but that would have been really risky.

This does however assume scum had good communication. I think yesterday might be a hint that it isn't with Wee sticking out way too much and no one saving her.

I'll assume scum wasn't expecting that Weemad would be lynched. The attack on Scrafty could be scum trying to persuade Scrafty to check weemad the next night.

Ty4on

TERRA + TIME FOR MAF

No. He confirmed that he had read too much into the flavor after Nin claimed the same power effectively making their power identical.

Camjo-Z

No, Terra said he was mistaken, and that he would only know if there was acitivity or not. He doesn't know if there was activity in one or two seats.

oh

No. He confirmed that he had read too much into the flavor after Nin claimed the same power effectively making their power identical.

oh

...isn't it kind of weird that we have two of the exact same town power then

Ty4on

I'll assume scum wasn't expecting that Weemad would be lynched. The attack on Scrafty could be scum trying to persuade Scrafty to check weemad the next night.

They were really playing with fire though.

I've never been scum or spectated their chat live so I have no idea how it is in real time, but whenever I reread a scum chat I always see scum freaking out over a couple of votes. Maybe if Kalor were their main concern...

Burbeting

Banned
They were really playing with fire though.

I've never been scum or spectated their chat live so I have no idea how it is in real time, but whenever I reread a scum chat I always see scum freaking out over a couple of votes. Maybe if Kalor were their main concern...

Also they were playing with fire sure, but can you think of the possible payback? They would get weemad to confirmed town level, and all of the people who would have voted for them D2 would look much more suspicion.

Kalor

Well I didn't expect the vote to turn so quickly. I wasn't planning on saying this but you'll find out soonanyway. I'm an odd commuter. I lied about it to try to draw out a kill tonight but obviously there is no point hiding it now.

For self presevation

Vote: Camjo-Z

Ty4on

Also they were playing with fire sure, but can you think of the possible payback? They would get weemad to confirmed town level, and all of the people who would have voted for them D2 would look much more suspicion.

Confirmed town until she stays alive for way too long.

Maybe they'd skip killing one night to simulate a doctor...

---------
That Salva vote is intriguing, but feels so wrong...

Well I didn't expect the vote to turn so quickly. I wasn't planning on saying this but you'll find out soonanyway. I'm an odd commuter. I lied about it to try to draw out a kill tonight but obviously there is no point hiding it now.

For self presevation

Ha. Hahaha. Ha.

It sucks that you may he telling the truth, but you've lost a lot of credibility with all this.

Burbeting

Banned

For self presevation

Why didn't you claim odd night commuter in the hopes of possibly being targeted instead of the person who claimed cop?

Well, I'm doubling down on Kalor anyway. If you're town, sorry m8.

Things look pretty fucked for tonight. I hope the doc protects Bronx and the RB blocks AB, but it doesn't seem like it'll happen so easily.

Ty4on

The idea never crossed my mind. I also doubt the mafia would have gone for me when they try killing a cop.
That's... actually kinda townie. I think the same with me had I been in your situation.

------------------
FUCK IT
Vote: SalvaPot

I will switch if need be, Kalor or Camjo.

Burbeting

Banned
Fuck, now I'm doubting myself on Kalor, but at the same time the sudden surge of votes to Camjo makes me think that scum is possible starting a desperate attack to lynch someone else.

Timeaisis

Fuck, now I'm doubting myself on Kalor, but at the same time the sudden surge of votes to Camjo makes me think that scum is possible starting a desperate attack to lynch someone else.

The weird thing about a Kalor lynch is that it's come up against almost no opposition. Which I find super weird.

Ty4on

Maybe. I don't disagree that the:
*Wee votes Kalor -> Kalor claims*
Is a little suspect.
What has Salva said today?
I dunno. Just think it'd be nice to know his alignment and a lot of those voting for him yesterday I townread.
Sssh
You missed the joke
:(

nin1000

Banned
Don't forget to lynch burb after I died. He sure knows how to talk his way out. He sure is the most town of all. But in the end that's the safest place to hide.

Timeaisis

Also, Camjo just seems like he's barking up the wrong tree here. I don't think either him or Burb are scum. We really can only say so much about TB's tracking, since the action could be either coming from or going to, it could be almost anything. Those four (including me) will be good to consider later, but I see no reason to pursue one of them now, unless one is acting very suspect.

Top Bottom