• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.3 (GRAW 2, Elder Scrolls IV:SI, Earth Defense Force, Castlevania, GOW2)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not sure if Garnett is getting it 100% correct, but I believe him. We've had devs from Bethesda complain about PS3's ram situation previously.

So who knows. I won't get it!

Wouldnt it be more likely at this point if all the "new" content was just included on the BRD? Downloads would only pertain to stuff neither system has seen yet, right?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Haha, the EDFX levels you guys are showing are almost the exact same I chose for GSD4 (except from the JP version of course). Godzilla like monster, city with ships and big robots, canyon. Scary :)
Good episode so far, going back to the tv for the rest.

theBishop

Banned
Robinspain said:
the new Ready at Dawn game was mentioned during the PSM podcast 3 weeks ago. We thought that Shane "awesome game" and the RAD game were the same... but, it seems that we are talking about two different games: Ready at dawn "to be announced project" and 1up game (Castlevania Dracula X)

Hmm. isn't Castlevania developed in Japan? Shane said it was a developer in the "Bay Area".

FWIW, Ready at Dawn is Orange county.

Wollan

I just reached the part with the PS3 version of Oblivion not being able to run all extra content for the game. Jesus, wtf. What the hell were Bethesda doing for the last year? They couldn't make the game run like it should due to two memory banks? I'm stunned.

kzkb1

Banned
Shivering Isles looks like something I would like to play, if it wasn't an expansion to an existing game.

J-Rzez

You heard it on the 1upshow first... PS3 lacking RAM to enable Horse Armor, 360 can, war is over...

So if I'm getting this, there's not enough RAM to for the expansions to fill into ontop of the original game code? There's no way for some form of work around for something like this? I'm not too techy to understand all this stuff... but yeah, if Beth didn't fix the issues with the 360 version I rented, I sure as hell am not purchasing the PS3 version like I was planning... I'm tired of half-fast ports...

EDF looks like some mindless fun... it always remindes me of a cross between powerrangers and Neon Genesis Evangelion... Def gamefly that

I liked the GRAW2 demo, I guess I'll be getting that one...

Castlevania looks freakin' awesome... can't pass up a collection like that..

And GoW2 just looks absolutely amazing, and it makes me forget at times that there are next-gen machines in my room... I can't wait to see what becomes the series on the PS3, that is if there's enough RAM for Kratos to have both the blades at the same time...

...WTF Beth? That really has me anerved...

bud

how come the quicktime stream doesn't work??

nvm it's working:)

todayzee said:
OMG you guys, okay, listen to me.

Shane was not referring to a "Ready at Dawn" game. He simply meant a "RAD" game as in COOL or AWESOME. See below.
200px-Po
<---RAD, yet NOT Ready at Dawn.

He was talking about Castlevania Dracula X! Isn't that enough? Wouldn't you say that game is RAD? We have no games from Ready at Dawn!

Blame Shane. :)

I hope you still like the show.

:lol :lol :lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mrbob said:
Some PS3 games have DLC. I don't have a PS3 yet so I can't test it out how exactly it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of an internal issue of a content struggle between Bethesda and Sony. Bethesda wants to charge extra for this stuff like on X360, whereas Sony wants all this content on a retail disc since the game is a year late on PS3. I don't know for certain either way, though.

Exactly, the only technical issues I've heard from Bethesda, was also in the only PS3 related interview I've seen with Bethesda. The only complaint that was brought up regarding the PS3 port was the slowness of the Blu-ray drive, and the need to possibly stream data off the HD (page file style) to speed up the load times.

RR7 is constantly reading from cache, so there's no reason Oblivion couldn't work in the same way.

Soul4ger

Reilly said:
I hope they fix the way Richter walks in the remake.

Also, SOTN isn't being remade right?

It's being "enhanced," so the graphics are reproportioned to fit the screen, not just stretched, and htey're redoing the localization. I really hope they include the Saturn extra levels... Does anyone know if they're going to include the extra Saturn levels?!?!!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
pancakesandsex said:
ok the wmv and psp version dont seem to unzip properly for me what gives?
The WMV version didn't unzip correctly for me, but I kept the broken file and it worked.

LJ11

Garnett said they're fixing Oblivion's rendering on the 360 (PS3 version has this as well), but will this only be available for those that purchase the expansion, or is a general patch going to be released? I'm assuming it's the later but just wanted a more definitive answer, if someone has one that is.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Xenon said:
HUH, whats this all about?

Garnett says Bethesda's coders have been messing with shaders, and found a way to make distantt stuff look better, and since shaders are platform agnostic, they can/will bring it to 360.

Or something. :lol

pCeSlAyEr

LJ11 said:
Garnett said they're fixing Oblivion's rendering on the 360 (PS3 version has this as well), but will this only be available for those that purchase the expansion, or is a general patch going to be released? I'm assuming it's the later but just wanted a more definitive answer, if someone has one that is.
i'm betting it'll be released in a update to the 360 game sometime near the PS3's game launch..

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
pCeSlAyEr said:
i'm betting it'll be released in a update to the 360 game sometime near the PS3's game launch..

Oh if they would only fix the botched localization of the in-game text (books, notes, and subtitles).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
SnakeXs said:
Garnett says Bethesda's coders have been messing with shaders, and found a way to make distantt stuff look better, and since shaders are platform agnostic, they can/will bring it to 360.

Gives me more reason to buy this, nice

Tieno

Man that Oblivion expansion pack looks really pretty, I like the different setting. So much Oblivion to play this summer!

SnakeXs said:

This will buy nothing but viewing pleasure. Man, they NEED to work on loading time issues. I skipped many locations just because of this loading time. It is really annoying.

Bethesda, there is nothing wrong in asking for help, if you can't fix this problem on your own. We still love you. Ask Epic or MS.

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm cheering for Shane in the VF5 showdown. Go Shane.
Indifferent2.gif

God of War 2 gets the obligatory
angry.gif

anger management ftmfw

comrade

Just finished watching, man I can't wait to play GoW2. I hope they up the combat system a little bit for the hardcore. Devil May Cry 3 is still my favorite action game.

What a great episode! Well, it could of only gone up after last weeks slim pickins'. But seriously, where is the RAD game. I can't wait much longer.

Seriously, GoW 2 looks like the complete realization of all of my fantasies of what gaming would be like in the future when I played all the NES action games 15-20 years ago. With 8-bit graphics, your imagination had to do a lot of the work with regard to the feeling of spectacle surrounding the action. Your brain had to turn that 1/4 of a screen boss-battle into the epic cinematic event that it represented. GoW 2 makes those imaginings a reality. Frankly I'm sick at myself for not playing the first game and now I can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

Here's hoping all their talk about optimizing the game for HD televisions comes to fruition, as it's been a major impediment to me playing last gen games on my HD sets, especially after playing HD games for over a year now. Widescreen + prog scan + no major dithering/blockiness should be enough to satisfy..

theBishop

Banned
Ned Flanders said:
Here's hoping all their talk about optimizing the game for HD televisions comes to fruition, as it's been a major impediment to me playing last gen games on my HD sets, especially after playing HD games for over a year now. Widescreen + prog scan + no major dithering/blockiness should be enough to satisfy..

Dude, even the original God of War holds up nicely in 480p on my LCD set. I've played it on the PS2 and PS3, and both ways are nice.

Top Bottom