• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 7.12 (Unreal Tournament 3, Dark Sector, DMC4)

Dahbomb said:
More like C-warrior started the whole argument "XYXYXYX" NG combos and as always because of him level headed DMC fans get the schtick as well. I dare you to find anything negative I or any other DMC fan has said in this thread. I hate it when I and others have to take shit for C-Warrior's comment. This thread was put back on track until you came back with your "LULZ DMC FANBOYS LULZ" comment. What a disgrace, typical pot calling the kettle black syndrome.

But oh wait, since you have me on your "ignore list", I can say that you are a retarded wannabe "cool" gamer who comes in and bashes users for no damn reason and clumps all gamers he see getting into an argument "fanboys" to make himself look better among them. That sort of mentality is even worse than being an actual fanboy around here.

Wow there dumbass, I was only addressing that one guy who was like "DMC3 was super easy, the enemies just stand there." I respond with exaggeration to those who spew it out. Pheonix is shitting on your ass, don't be a little bitch and displace it on me because he's hurting your feelings or some shit.

dralla

im pretty sure that guys name is Jason and he's been there forever. i thought the part with him and Matt brought teh lolz

8fotbx3.gif

PJX

Dahbomb said:
More like C-warrior started the whole argument "XYXYXYX" NG combos and as always because of him level headed DMC fans get the schtick as well. I dare you to find anything negative I or any other DMC fan has said in this thread. I hate it when I and others have to take shit for C-Warrior's comment. This thread was put back on track until you came back with your "LULZ DMC FANBOYS LULZ" comment. What a disgrace, typical pot calling the kettle black syndrome.

But oh wait, since you have me on your "ignore list", I can say that you are a retarded wannabe "cool" gamer who comes in and bashes users for no damn reason and clumps all gamers he see getting into an argument "fanboys" to make himself look better among them. That sort of mentality is even worse than being an actual fanboy around here.

I'm sure he is crying over this.

Reilly said:
the guy with the with matt and brian during the Dark Sector discussion.

I think hes been there for a while also, I remember him from the Valkyrie Profile Lenneth segment a while back when he and Milky teamed up again Shane.

why the hell do I remember this, especially when its 5:30 am...shit.

East Lake

Apparently DMC4's producer has a different opinion on the technical differences between the 360 and PS3 versions (excluding controllers). I guess we'll have to wait and see for ourselves.

One other thing that Kobayashi made sure to point out was that the differences between the PS3 and the 360 builds were so extremely small that it would be almost imperceptible for most players. In fact, he pointed out that the only technical elements that the development team were picking up on as they designed the game were subtle adjustments in color and light saturation on the two platforms. Kobayashi spent a little extra time switching back and forth between PS3 and 360 debugs, and it was pretty tricky to see any noticeable difference in the game itself, which bodes well for the performance and visual quality of the game. Luckily, players will have the chance to check this out for themselves very soon, because a demo will be coming to the PSN and Xbox Live in early 2008. For now, check out the latest gameplay and interview for the game below.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/840/840324p1.html

spwolf

Antimatter said:
What are you getting at?

you expect developer to tell you that one version is better than other? Where does that happen?

You have 1up, who is really hardly PS3 biased, tell you otherwise. If you cant trust 1up on this one, then there is probably nothing you can trust them on.

East Lake

spwolf said:
you expect developer to tell you that one version is better than other? Where does that happen?
Seabass for Pro Evo, I know you've seen articles with him being pretty honest about how each version runs.

spwolf said:
You have 1up, who is really hardly PS3 biased, tell you otherwise. If you cant trust 1up on this one, then there is probably nothing you can trust them on.
If you think I'm trying to present this discrepancy in a way to devolve this thread into a system wars argument you are mistaken.

IGN also agreed with the producer in that quote.

Kobayashi spent a little extra time switching back and forth between PS3 and 360 debugs, and it was pretty tricky to see any noticeable difference in the game itself, which bodes well for the performance and visual quality of the game.

If 1up ends up being wrong, I'm pretty sure bias has no factor in it. All I'm saying is that I'll download both demos to figure it out for myself.

Atomspike

I think the one thing that puts devil may cry above ninja gaiden is the character design and style .

call me superficial , but after playing NGS with the classical ninja outfit in the first stages , they just blew it with the shiny tight leather , straps allover outfit .

playing the game with that outfit was like playing with a ninja version of the village people , such a put off for me !

JMPovoa

spwolf said:

Yes, but even Bryan couldn't tell exactly what it was that made the PS3 version look better to him. So he was a bit vague on that.

Draft

JMPovoa said:
Yes, but even Bryan couldn't tell exactly what it was that made the PS3 version look better to him. So he was a bit vague on that.
He explicitly mentioned screen tearing.

GrayFoxPL

I heard screams, shouts and cry coming out of this thread. So, after clicking it I'm all like:

8g5pwjn.gif

And then see it's all about multiplatform game looking better on PS3. All clear gaf!

Also DMC vs NG war seems almost like attachment for any thread with dmc or ng name in the title :lol.

pswii60

spwolf said:

Capcom's producer will be talking about their latest build during development. 1UP will be talking about the latest press version, which will be an older press build.

Having said that, COD4 looks better on the 360 (IMO, mainly due to texture quality) despite the developers saying that they were both 'almost identical', so I can see and agree with your point about that. And you're right, 1up isn't PS3 biased. But then every point of yours is pretty damn biased so me being in agreement with you may be a lucky one-off. Enjoy today.

Antimatter said:
IGN also agreed with the producer in that quote.

That's the same quote from your last post. And they said the same thing about Assassin's Creed on PS3, runs the same very few differences. Developers always say this, it's nothing new. Because as you can see in the case of our smart and impartial friend Phoenix Fang, a supposedly inferior version equals a loss of a sale.

That said, the 360 version will likely be completely fine with possibly a few minor graphical hitches considering it's been in development for a much shorter time than the PS3 version.

3rdman

Antimatter said:
Apparently DMC4's producer has a different opinion on the technical differences between the 360 and PS3 versions (excluding controllers). I guess we'll have to wait and see for ourselves.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/840/840324p1.html
That article read (to me) as the opinion of the writer at IGN and not the producer. How are you guys getting the impression that this is the producer talking???

Secondly, does anyone really think that any screen tearing issue won't be resolved before release? Please...

PJX

TeamXBOX Preview said:
For those interested in the technicals, Devil May Cry 4 was shown to us playing on an Xbox 360, and the gameplay was smooth and strong at a high frame rate, even with a lot of complex attacks, numerous projectiles and big characters moving around the screen. It’s not uncommon for us to see the frame rate of a pre-release work-in-progress bog down occasionally, due to the unfinished game’s lack of optimization, which is usually the final steps in the development process. We didn’t see any of that stuttering or frame-rate chunkiness in our DMC4 demo, which, considering the game is still a couple of months from release, is a good sign for how the final product should run on a standard console.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1822/Devil-May-Cry-4/p2/

So who to believe?

Jirotrom

Broadbandito said:
achievements!!! CMON GUYS lol
I'm getting the 360 one, hopefully they have some really hard achievements to match the difficulty of DMC3:D sames goes for Ninja gaiden 2.

East Lake

Red Blaster said:
That's the same quote from your last post.
I know that, I was quoting it by itself to show exactly what I was referring to.

3rdman said:
That article read (to me) as the opinion of the writer at IGN and not the producer. How are you guys getting the impression that this is the producer talking???

One other thing that Kobayashi made sure to point out was that the differences between the PS3 and the 360 builds were so extremely small that it would be almost imperceptible for most players.

It wasn't a direct quote from Kobayashi, but I think it's pretty clear the sentence above was pretty close to what he said.

Jesus Christ guys! We'll be able to play it and count pixels and compared technical terms that have fuck all to do with the game in a few weeks time.

Kyoufu

Mojovonio said:
wrong, Achievement fanboys are.

lol

Fixed, and its final and we shall end this discussion here.

Anyway, PS3 version for me. This is one game where the 360 bumpers will fuck you in the eye.

Atomspike said:
playing the game with that outfit was like playing with a ninja version of the village people , such a put off for me !

Right, because wearing a red leather trench-coat with nothing underneath it is so much less gay. If the village people added a demon slayer to their ranks it would be DMC Dante!

FIREBABY said:
Do elaborate.
IT's probably because the 360 is the best console right now that we don't hear much from them but when we do it's ridiculous. The defense of paying for live, not buying DMC4 because PS3 version is barely better etc.

Mojovonio

Banned
miyamotofreak said:
IT's probably because the 360 is the best console right now that we don't hear much from them but when we do it's ridiculous. The defense of paying for live, not buying DMC4 because PS3 version is barely better etc.

Someone who owns both the PS3 and 360 said they wouldn't buy it on PS3 because its only a little better?

Where?

Jirotrom

miyamotofreak said:
WTF?:lol :lol

Mojovonio

Banned
miyamotofreak said:
If they owned both they wouldn't be a fanboy would they?

oops, read the original statement wrong.

Still, I didn't see any comments like that, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they existed.

Jirotrom

miyamotofreak said:
If they owned both they wouldn't be a fanboy would they?
Ofcourse they could be, I know folks who own both a 360 and PS3 and refuse to give microsoft credit for anything.

miyamotofreak said:
The defense of paying for live, not buying DMC4 because PS3 version is barely better etc.

Didn't the same thing happen with Assassin's Creed but the other way around? All fanboys are equal scum, just the Ninty ones had nothing going for them between OOT and SMG so they seemed a little worst.

Atomspike

Spirit of Jazz said:
Right, because wearing a red leather trench-coat with nothing underneath it is so much less gay. If the village people added a demon slayer to their ranks it would be DMC Dante!

Nice try , but Ryu's outfit is still way more flamboyant for a ninja .

teiresias

Geez, the moaning over the potential of the 360 version not being as good as the PS3 version is laughable. Poor, poor you, getting one inferior port out of dozens during the year.

Jirotrom

teiresias said:
Geez, the moaning over the potential of the 360 version not being as good as the PS3 version is laughable. Poor, poor you, getting one inferior port out of dozens during the year.
lets stop discussing this the game will be fantastic regardless the f'n platform.

Atomspike said:
Nice try , but Ryu's outfit is still way more flamboyant for a ninja .

I know know, I think it would need to have a sheer chest panel to be in the same league as Dante. Rubber's just the standard super-hero attire (see Batman Begins)

Kuroyume

Banned
Itagaki should give Ryu a fucking rose for his mouth. That would make him less "flamboyant." Maybe he should toss in a man bra as an alternate costume too....

Kittonwy

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
I know know, I think it would need to have a sheer chest panel to be in the same league as Dante. Rubber's just the standard super-hero attire (see Batman Begins)

Batman is a wackjob, a psycho.
bunny.gif

Top Bottom