• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omaha |OT| We Swear We're More Than the College World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaBish

I knew when I saw that this was on the front page of off-topic that the bump would be about the storm. I'm out of town for a wedding so I'm glad that I don't have to deal with it. Stay safe Omaha-Gaf.

FyreWulff

yeah it was honestly the first time i saw this on my phone

DCfEDhhUQAAKV1n.jpg:large

went off before i even heard sirens

edit: 60,000 with power. whole area got whacked pretty hard

unknown.png

Palmer_v1

Some of my friends in Bellevue/Papillion were told no power for several days,a nd possibly up to a week.

I'm right off Cornhusker and 75(one exit north of where the tornado was spotted), and we never lost power, but my internet was down for several hours. Not actually sure when it came back up.

Always great CWS timing. Bring in the tourists then scare the shit out of them witha tornado.

FyreWulff

yep here's the drone footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8js-afR1F3c

also

"Individuals are asked to avoid wading, swimming and other primary body contact with the waters of the Missouri River in the area near and several miles downstream from river mile 597 at the confluence of the Papillion Creek and the Missouri River.

Due to storm damage to power lines serving the Papillion Creek Water Resource Recovery Facility, about 60 million gallons per day of untreated wastewater is being discharged to the Missouri River."

Omadahl

Banned
My block is lined with shitty old silver maples. It's a miracle nothing fell last night. I went through Dundee and Benson today and it wasn't too bad. I hope those of you in Bellevue and Papillon stayed safe. Watching Ranby last night was intense as they were looking for a possible tornado in that area.

KingV

Some of my friends in Bellevue/Papillion were told no power for several days,a nd possibly up to a week.

I'm right off Cornhusker and 75(one exit north of where the tornado was spotted), and we never lost power, but my internet was down for several hours. Not actually sure when it came back up.

Always great CWS timing. Bring in the tourists then scare the shit out of them witha tornado.

I literally live like a mile from you.

FyreWulff

I'm in South O right near the Bellevue border and surprised our neighborhood didn't get hit hard. Lots of power outage in the area, though.

The tree in my front yard fell over from what I assumed was wind. Upon further inspection it was actually struck by lightning, judging by the split being burned really bad and melted sap/wood. Pretty crazy stuff yesterday.

KingV

That EF 1 went right through some base housing and then the base itself. I wonder if anything on base got fucked up.

My daughter was actually staying at family's in base housing that night. Shit literally went less than a mile from her. Scary stuff.

All that stuff on Capehart was pretty torn up... but not as bad as it could have been.

Callandor

That EF 1 went right through some base housing and then the base itself. I wonder if anything on base got fucked up.

A coworker told me that two planes got blown around a bit, and she had a picture of (I think) a plane with it's wing that got blown into a hanger wall or door.

Went to Tracks Lounge for wings again today. Seriously guys. You need these in your life if you like wings. :)

As a recent Omaha transplant, I can confirm the Tracks wings are amazing! Very large and the Thai Chili sauce was thick and delicious. Totally blows Watering Hole's away.

Palmer_v1

As a recent Omaha transplant, I can confirm the Tracks wings are amazing! Very large and the Thai Chili sauce was thick and delicious. Totally blows Watering Hole's away.

Old Bay chargrilled wings from watering Hole are still my fav, but track's is really good. Has anyone tried Ray's Wings? They were in the Lemon Drop in South Omaha before, but just moved to Midtown Crossing

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Old Bay chargrilled wings from watering Hole are still my fav, but track's is really good. Has anyone tried Ray's Wings? They were in the Lemon Drop in South Omaha before, but just moved to Midtown Crossing

Haven't yet, but will definitely try them when I get a shot. I am going Friday for Tracks again. Super excited :)

Yeah, I had some charred buffalo from Rays last Friday. They are legit and worth checking out.

Jerm411

Was in Omaha last weekend with my wife and kid and parents...really enjoyed my time.

Got to see a Storm Chasers game which as diehard Royals fans was awesome and went to the zoo on Sunday. Best zoo I've been too, loved it...daughter loved it as well. Will def. be going back....

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Was in Omaha last weekend with my wife and kid and parents...really enjoyed my time.

Got to see a Storm Chasers game which as diehard Royals fans was awesome and went to the zoo on Sunday. Best zoo I've been too, loved it...daughter loved it as well. Will def. be going back....

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

FyreWulff

We sold last year for above asking, buyer paid all closing costs. Same day it was listed. 7 offers that day, lol!

This reminds me of a story from our life. There was a house in South O the family really wanted, like for some all reason we just wanted to have it. Mom goes for a walk and sees the realtor putting the sign down in the yard. She writes down the number and SPRINTS back home, gets on the phone, the fucking house was already bid on and basically sold by the time she was able to make it back to the house.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
This reminds me of a story from our life. There was a house in South O the family really wanted, like for some all reason we just wanted to have it. Mom goes for a walk and sees the realtor putting the sign down in the yard. She writes down the number and SPRINTS back home, gets on the phone, the fucking house was already bid on and basically sold by the time she was able to make it back to the house.

My neighborhood was just a starter home wasteland, but I saw several for sale signs go up and down in the same day on my block in the 7 years we lived there, even when the market crashed.

Palmer_v1

I kind of want to sell my house in Bellevue, then try and rent until this bubble bursts, but who knows how long that might be.

Omadahl

Banned
My daughter looked up at the sky and started singing that Bad Lip Reading, "Dead horizon is all my macro-binoculars see." Creepy Tatooine sunset all day.

FyreWulff

So right now I'm working a job in West O. I actually realized that within Omaha (I've lived in Portland and Vancouver BC for stints), this is my first job west of 72nd, hell, probably west of.. 50th, although not intentionally.

I'm quickly learning the rules of driving around the area of 100th & Dodge daily. Up this point i've been able to luck out and pretty much just go straight down L to a job, or 13th, which meant not having to deal with 680, I-80, and Center/Pacific are non-factors east of 42nd. Nobody knows how to merge out there.

So right now I'm working a job in West O. I actually realized that within Omaha (I've lived in Portland and Vancouver BC for stints), this is my first job west of 72nd, hell, probably west of.. 50th, although not intentionally.

I'm quickly learning the rules of driving around the area of 100th & Dodge daily. Up this point i've been able to luck out and pretty much just go straight down L to a job, or 13th, which meant not having to deal with 680, I-80, and Center/Pacific are non-factors east of 42nd. Nobody knows how to merge out there.

I work off 90th and Dodge, but come from the NW so I can sneak in using Blondo and some back roads. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with commuting on Dodge (or the interstates) for a long time.

FyreWulff

I work off 90th and Dodge, but come from the NW so I can sneak in using Blondo and some back roads. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with commuting on Dodge (or the interstates) for a long time.

It took me about 4 days (and fucking up taking the wrong offramps/onramps/lanes and going for a detour) to figure it out, but i pretty much go

Dodge->90th & Dodge->90th->Center->84th->L->36th

to get home. All the traffic is going north at 5pm on 90th, Center turn is a signaled light, and L street is a signaled light, and I don't have to stay on Dodge for more than I have to.

the reason I don't take Dodge to 72nd is the 72nd & L on/offramp system was designed by satan. Also there's like 50 traffic lights on that stretch. By getting to L via 84th I get a protected light turn. 72nd & Q is near impossible to turn on during rush hour, as well, so i might as well get on L where it's easier to do so.

I avoid taking the highway because 1) my Honda doesn't like being on the highway until i fix it and chugs gas on there and 2) I've often seen the 680->Dodge ramp just be at a complete standstill, losing all the time benefit of taking the highway. Plus I can audible at 90th & Center if there's an accident or some other issue and decide to keep going up to Center and take 114th over to where I need to go or turn onto 90th and not lose time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom