• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Big One

Banned
Maybe it's me but...I got the impression Stalk is Katsuragi.
Eh I doubt it. I find it more likely he's actually the Cafe owner. Remember Stalk knew about them going to Hokuto when that was only a private conversation the characters had at the Cafe. Also Stalk prevented Night Rogue from stopping them from going into Hokuto as well. If it was Katsuragi, you would think he'd react go his own mother.

WarRock

Eh I doubt it. I find it more likely he's actually the Cafe owner. Remember Stalk knew about them going to Hokuto when that was only a private conversation the characters had at the Cafe. Also Stalk prevented Night Rogue from stopping them from going into Hokuto as well. If it was Katsuragi, you would think he'd react go his own mother.
Technically he did react; while he was telling about Faust she came behind Build and Ryuuga and he decided to go away. Also he knew exactly where in Hokuto they were going.

Tiu Neo

It could be that Stalk has contact with someone at the Café too. I kinda doubt he's Katsuragi,
I still think Sento has Katsuragi's mind, or at least his intelligence.

Jeffrey

Modern hollows would be neat. I know this show must have been written a whole back, but the whole Russia influencing things by buying ads and influencers on social media could be adapted pretty nicely into a strong hollow.

Imo the best hollows in garo are the ones that aren't about brute force brawling.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahah yeah, why did Lucky have to pick Garu up? That was a hilariously pointless moment unless they really wanna show much Garu x Lucky.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Don't get the reveal at the end of the episode for Build. Most of that was implied with the reveal in the beginning of the episode.

I actually think it was kind of interesting.

I don't think you were supposed to take the reveal at face value at either the beginning or the end---the guy who says Katsuragi is this evil scientist is a guy we learn right after is the show's main villain at this point. And then the guy at the end who "confirms" that doesn't seem particularly trustworthy either.

It feels still up in the air to me.

Stuart444

Kyuranger - 34

Enjoyed this ep, a nice Stinger/Champ focused ep with a little bit of Garu. Kotaro calling Garu an idiot was funny and Garu's breakdown after Champ's reveal was also hilarious. I had trouble focusing on the speech just because I was focusing on Garu there haha.

Also 4 mechas

Next episode: Hammy the Idol!

Black Panther needs a Rider Belt.

giphy.gif

Tiu Neo

Black Panther needs a Rider Belt.

giphy.gif

In this gif he kinda looks like Hibiki.

Kyuranger 34

That was... faster than I expected. But nice to see other characters getting the focus a bit, even if they are the ones that got some focus before.

I wonder if more characters will get weird forms, like Champ and Naga. Probably not Garu and Spada, heh.

Next episode, planet Greenscreen! It'll probably be a funny one.

Stuart444

I just preordered Megaranger from Amazon US (importing it to the UK.) and ordered Carranger as well.

I think that's all just now right? I have Zyu, Dai, Oh, Kaku already.

(I also have not watched any of them apart from the first DVD of Zyu XD. Should get started on that soon. Maybe do a binge during Christmas or something, idk)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just preordered Megaranger from Amazon US (importing it to the UK.) and ordered Carranger as well.

I think that's all just now right? I have Zyu, Dai, Oh, Kaku already.

(I also have not watched any of them apart from the first DVD of Zyu XD. Should get started on that soon. Maybe do a binge during Christmas or something, idk)

Yeah that should be everything. Gingaman is next year.

Stuart444

Yeah that should be everything. Gingaman is next year.

Awesome (actually literally just saw about Gingaman on reddit).

Both me and my SO can't wait til Shout does Timeranger. Really looking forward to seeing how that is compared to Time Force (which I enjoyed).

vareon

I was just thinking the smashes seem almost like an after thought.

The 2 dude's chemistry might rival W's

It reminds me of what they did with Gaim in a way.

Yeah, though in Gaim's case we know there will be a lot of Rider vs Rider episodes so we kinda expected MoTW to not take central stage. Build's latest episode had the ingredients for a normal MoTW episode (the kid) but was brushed very quickly in favor of grander story. Really liking it so far though.

jwk94

So Saban and HyperRPG have announced Power Rangers Hyper Force, a tabletop RPG set in the year 3016. It follows a new squad of Time Force cadets with new suits, zords, and the like. They'll b streaming Peter Sudarso (ninja steel blue), BlackNerd and other playing the game on Twitch. Also Erin Cahill will be there as a guest, reprising her role as Jen.

So Saban and HyperRPG have announced Power Rangers Hyper Force, a tabletop RPG set in the year 3016. It follows a new squad of Time Force cadets with new suits, zords, and the like. They'll b streaming Peter Sudarso (ninja steel blue), BlackNerd and other playing the game on Twitch. Also Erin Cahill will be there as a guest, reprising her role as Jen.
When and where?
EDIT:I found the article on it and made a thread.

jwk94

When and where?
EDIT:I found the article on it and made a thread.

Power Rangers HyperForce is currently scheduled to begin on Tuesday, October 24 2017 and air from 6PM-9PM EST! Be sure to tune in to the Twitch TV RPG Channel for this amazing new series!

Synopsis
Power Rangers Hyperforce is set in the year 3016 at Time Force Academy. A team of Time Force Ranger cadets must band together to defeat an ancient evil who is set on unraveling the very fabric of the universe. Under the leadership of their mentor, Jen Scott, and with the show’s Game Master, Malika Lim, the newly minted Rangers will cross both time and space to complete their mission while running into many familiar eras (and faces) along the way.
The stakes have never been higher as the players learn what it means to be a Ranger in a live, tabletop RPG environment where anything can happen.

Hyper RPG has developed a Twitch Extension that will allow viewers to select a Ranger that is permanently tied to the user’s unique ID. Viewers will be able to send their Ranger out on daily missions, boss battles, and raids, as well as trade cool loot with other players.

And a special cast has been put together for the HyperForce adventures! Announced game players include:

*Peter Sudarso (Ninja Steel Blue Ranger)
*Paul “Bulk” Schrier
*Andre The Black Nerd
*Social Media personalities Meghan Camarena and Christina Vee
http://news.tokunation.com/2017/10/...rangers-hyperforce-twitch-rpg-adventure-46741

Says 25 episodes are planned in a weekly format.

jwk94

That's... a lot of branching Saban has been doing. YA movie reboot, Boom! comics and a webseries tabletop RPG?
Don't forget the stage show next year!

Edit:
Peter Sudarso says the Hyper Force rangers might get new toy figures and zords. That would be interesting.

Boss Doggie

Nice to see Ohsugi is still available.

Sucks that Gen's closer friends are literally unavailable now though (Kengo retired and Yuki is in a "happy place" coughcough).

jwk94

Nice to see Ohsugi is still available.

Sucks that Gen's closer friends are literally unavailable now though (Kengo retired and Yuki is in a "happy place" coughcough).
Wait, is Yuki a drug addict or something?? Didn't know Kengo retired. Is that normal for such a young, Japanese actor?

Boss Doggie

Wait, is Yuki a drug addict or something?? Didn't know Kengo retired. Is that normal for such a young, Japanese actor?

Kengo retired so early due to health issues. Wouldn't surprise me if it's due to his agency (remember Takeru Shiba's story on living through ramen and bottled water?)

Yuki was revealed to be part of a cult whose shtick is essentially Japanese scientology, apparently was indoctrined as early as in her childhood.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Getting around to watching this week's Toku. Man I need to stop being so behind...

Kyuranger 34

The whole team is back together! Good guy Champ
And now we have a destination, which probably means a few episodes of planet hopping

Build 7

So the victim was the mastermind!
Rocketpanda reminds me of Fourze. I wonder if that was intentional given this is the last Heisei series.

KingDirk

JK was an asshole but I really liked him. I also like that they basically had an evil version of him in the only interesting villain in Wizard.

Tiu Neo

Onari and Dan is fine but doesn't strike me as a specially interesting dynamic. Now, if we got Dan and Libra (or Dan and Libre+Sagittarius)...

Just for the over the topness. To tell the truth, Onari and Ohsugi together would be a better fit.

Top Bottom