• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Raxus

My wallet is going to die in the next 2 weeks.

A Silent Voice.
Super Mario Odyssey
Destiny 2 pc
I know I am missing stuff too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got EO V on the way to the house tomorrow. Went physical for the first time in years because of the savings and the first edition stuff looked good.

Mario Odyssey is next week. Pokémon Ultra Sun in November. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 special edition in December. That's it for the rest of the year in games. Everything I even thought of buying (Mario x Rabbids, Pokken, DOOM, Skyrim, Superstar Saga 3DS, EOU2 if it had a franchise sale for V's launch, almost a dozen Switch indie games) has been put off because I decided to splurge on a new kindle on Friday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, I've given up on the NFL which means I no longer need the NFL network, and I prefer baseball on the radio anyways so if TOONAMI leaves I won't turn cable ever again.

Grexeno

My wallet is going to die in the next 2 weeks.

A Silent Voice.
Super Mario Odyssey
Destiny 2 pc
I know I am missing stuff too.

I have the Samurai Jack Blu-ray coming in tomorrow.

I have a New 3DS XL coming in later in the week.

And then Odyssey and Wolfenstein II come out the same day.

Because of my work schedule I don't watch much live TV. I work the evening/closing shifts at my University library.

My apartment complex offers cable in the lease though so if I were to move, I think only Sling would be the service to save me money in the long one. Since I live in a Comcast town, Vue, Hulu tv, and Direct TV Now are all so expensive that it would effectively be the same price as just having a cable package through Comcast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't think the rest of the year is going to be as eventful compared to Sept. & Oct.:

- Super Mario Odyssey
- Sonic Forces
- .....maybe Xenoblade 2??

That's really it from what I recall/know about. If anything, I'm waiting for Black Friday to get more games to add to my backlog play, plus I gotta deal with paying off the SNES Classic. I turned down FE Warriors because I don't know half the cast & the fanservice wouldn't do as much compared to Hyrule Warriors, plus I know I'll be suckered into getting the season pass despite knowing I won't get around to playing it.

Meanwhile, doesn't feel very different when I dropped cable compared to before since Toonami was pretty much the only thing I watched these last few years aside from FXX & Simpsons, which I can just watch online since my dad gave me his DirecTV log in info.

Xe4

Banned
Some of you really need to invest in PS Vue or Sling.
I cancelled Sling after last weekend. It's a garbage tier service that has caused me nothing but frustration.

I use Linux, and they don't have any way for me to watch Toonami on that. They have a desktop app, but of course don't have Linux support. They don't have a browser client or support an app like Kodi which does run on Linux. They don't have a Toonami sign in, and the service runs like garbage on a virtual box. Even on mobile, they which is what I was forced to use, they have stuttering and streaming issues.

They were giving me and a whole bunch of people an error on Saturday, and that was basically the last straw for me. I have no clue what I'm going to run Toonami on now, but I suppose I find something out.

I really wish Toonami had a fucking way to let you pay them to access the Toonami stream. They already have it set up there should be no reason they don't let you access that. Even at something ridiculous like $15/month it'd be worth it for someone like me, as the only reason I used fucking Sling was to watch Toonami, and the occasional other CN show.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Sling has a 60 second fucking delay. Like, I know it's $20, and you get what you pay for, but fuuuck that. What they offer is not worth $20.

Oh yeah, Star Wars Rebels returns tonight...

...I guess I might as well see it out. I watched three seasons of it, despite finding it to be a very mediocre show.

caliph95

Oh yeah, Star Wars Rebels returns tonight...

...I guess I might as well see it out. I watched three seasons of it, despite finding it to be a very mediocre show.
The strongest feeling the show give me is wishing I was watching Clone wars instead

My favorite episodes tend to be the ones with the clone wars characters

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Ckohler:

Cable TV: 0 delay
AS Stream: 10 sec delay
PS Vue: 35 sec delay
SlingTV: 60 sec delay

According to Ckohler:

Cable TV: 0 delay
AS Stream: 10 sec delay
PS Vue: 35 sec delay
SlingTV: 60 sec delay

hm. i might be able to live with Vue's. Sling's 60 seconds was kind of a dealbreaker. the price i pay for cable (which is all pixelated when anything too intense happens) isn't great.

as for me, i don't have a Switch and i'm probably gonna rent Wolfenstein through redbox or something so that leaves...that LA Noire remaster?

I just realized it.

Wubalubadubdub and Get Schwifty is just the next natural social evolution of The Cake is a Lie meme.

All terrible things unleashed on a society by no mistake of their creators.

Morlas

I just realized it.

Wubalubadubdub and Get Schwifty is just the next natural social evolution of The Cake is a Lie meme.

All terrible things unleashed on a society by no mistake of their creators.
Let's not pretend that Dan Harmon doesn't know exactly what he's doing in those cases

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's made even more annoying when it's not funny out of context, let alone the fact you can't really insert the reference into everyday life like with a ton of Simpsons quotes.

What, you just gonna be all "PIICCCKKKLLEEEE RIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKK" when you see some pickles while shopping? Okay, why would that be funny, because the show said it? Just referencing something doesn't make it funny, it has to work within the context of what's happening.

.......if you don't, you turn into Family Guy just referencing stuff for the sake of referencing.

Also oh boy, guess Netflix was happy with the live-action Death Note, cuz WE'RE GETTING LIVE-ACTION MOB PSYCHO 100.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hey guys i can do comedy as well

it's zucchini zonic

where's my trillions of laughs

laaaaaaaauuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also oh boy, guess Netflix was happy with the live-action Death Note, cuz WE'RE GETTING LIVE-ACTION MOB PSYCHO 100.

tenor.gif

I feel like Mob Psycho 100 just won't translate to live action. I know this gets said a lot about a lot of Live Action adaptations of anime, but I feel really strongly about this one in particular.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, it's more TV Tokyo making it & Netflix is just co-funding, so it might not be as bad as Death Note.

...but you're still taking something where half the appeal was its art style & animation and removing that part of the show's appeal.

Still strange this gets adapted before One Punch Man.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At the very least, it's more TV Tokyo making it & Netflix is just co-funding, so it might not be as bad as Death Note.

...but you're still taking something where half the appeal was its art style & animation and removing that part of the show's appeal.

Still strange this gets adapted before One Punch Man.

Exactly! I feel One Punch would be easier to adapt. Superhero deconstruction about a guy that's just way too strong and has an existential crisis over it, that can easily be done (with some high-end effects of course)

Chase17

I'm going to go with the reverse and say that Mob is better to adapt since that is more of a story about being human/growing up (sort of).

Good luck with the action scenes though.

Raxus

I'm going to go with the reverse and say that Mob is better to adapt since that is more of a story about being human/growing up (sort of).

Good luck with the action scenes though.
Yeah. The 100 scenes are going to be a nightmare for live action. So are the spirits.

I'm just sitting here waiting for live action Berserk where it takes Hollywood two years to cast a believable Griffith. Because Griffith has to be the hottest person on the show...even hotter than the chicks.

Chase17

*Checks latest Sonic Forces footage*
So there are mid level cutscene/qte's now (qte is right after where gif ends)
BZbSQ5i.gif

Starting to have some concerns!

Top Bottom