• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video hits tomorrow

Prine

Banned
Best character designs in a game this gen for me. Im blown away by their genius in the art department.

ME and Bioshock = artistic masterpiece

Ramenman

video dude said:
"if you killed someone in the first game he's not going to come back in the second game, so your choice is actually carried through"

AND IF IT WASNT MY CHOICE BUT SOME STUPID BITCH KILLED IT FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD PERFECT CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION BECAUSE SHE'S JUST A FUCKING RACIST BITCH IS THERE A CHANCE HE'LL COME BACK ??

xbhaskarx

This is probably the game I am most looking forward to. Hopefully it fixes most if not all of the flaws from the first game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yes, every alien looking nearly the same was awesome character design. It was really bad the lesbian fantasy aliens.

Turians had some nice face mask structure and marking difference though.

Rad Agast

DestinRL said:
You are correct. Anderson was only being considered and Saren killed a village full of people and blamed it on Anderson. He did not receive specter status. I have a feeling at the end of ME1 however he ended up on the council. I hope he did anyway.

I think the last few choices you made at the end of the game will decide that in ME2.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ramenman said:
AND IF SOME STUPID BITCH KILLED IT FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD PERFECT CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION BECAUSE SHE'S JUST A FUCKING RACIST BITCH IS THERE A CHANCE HE'LL COME BACK ??

Sure sounds like you did, and no he will not rise from the dead.

Chinner

Banned
Ramenman said:
AND IF SOME STUPID BITCH KILLED IT FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD PERFECT CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION BECAUSE SHE'S JUST A FUCKING RACIST BITCH IS THERE A CHANCE HE'LL COME BACK ??
i heard theres a plot point where you can get her pregant and then kick her of your ship so she has to live on benefits throughout her life.

Tieno

Just seeing that video brings me in the mood. The sci-fi atmosphere in mass effect was its key selling point for me. So awesome.

itxaka

Defeatist
Ramenman said:
AND IF IT WASNT MY CHOICE BUT SOME STUPID BITCH KILLED IT FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAD PERFECT CONTROL OVER THE SITUATION BECAUSE SHE'S JUST A FUCKING RACIST BITCH IS THERE A CHANCE HE'LL COME BACK ??

Nope. You are gonna be missing the best character in the game. Sucks to be you.

Turians were one of the best ones, the face without filters and blur is incredibly awesome. They just feel real.

There was some nice Krogan variation too (even if it was not as much easy to spot at first glance)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ramenman said:

No you obviously didnt if she took the shot. Plus she's xenophobic, not racist. She derides the hard liners in the Terra Firma party repeatedly.

itxaka said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Oh god I almost jizz on my pants. New aliens? Awesome.

So... do we know how far in the future from ME1 is this gonna be? I guess not too much, but I find kind of strange they are gonna show new alien races just like that, from nowhere.

Or maybe they will show the collectors? OMFG

Gah I have to relax. If somebody is at the e3 demo, please steal it for us.

Oh yeah, glad to know the the ones that were stupid enough to
kill Wrex on the first game
aren't gonna be able to have his greatness in the new one.

And glad to see that the combat lokks much more polished by the videos.

Don't remember where but I read that we will see collectors in the game.

Dizzy-4U

Ramenman said:
:lol :lol :lol

Rad Agast

itxaka said:
So... do we know how far in the future from ME1 is this gonna be? I guess not too much, but I find kind of strange they are gonna show new alien races just like that, from nowhere.

In the first game, it's been mentioned that there are other alien races in the galaxy which are not part of the councel.

At 1:26 is that a geth shooting another geth? Is this possible multiplayer footage? Also if you guys haven't done so already I suggest reading the two ME books they are awesome!

Ramenman

However, Everything ME2 we see in this vid looks fucking awesome, even the music is great and I'm terribly pumped.

Closed doors demo ? Meh.

Means we'll see nothing rite ?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
HK-47 said:
Yes, every alien looking nearly the same was awesome character design. It was really bad the lesbian fantasy aliens.

Wasnt it stated in one of the interviews or codec pieces that most of the aliens were humanoid because they all developed on similar planets with comparable weather cycles and atmospheres and suns to earth, thats why their day cycles are all within the same 23-25 hour range and they are all of similar height and what have you.

Id prefer the aliens all having the same general physique with a general theory behind it rather than random and arbitrary alien designs just for the sake of having something look foreign and weird. This is something about Sci-fi shows/movies that I always hate, especially in Star Wars. There would just be a plethora of random creatures with no real thought put into their design other than to have them look different.

Flek

Banned
Rad Agast said:
You didn't seriously expect them to release this and Dragon Age in the same year now did you?

i dont care about dragon age ... if they have to push dragon age to the year 2015 for us to get ME 2 this year i would agree

itxaka

Defeatist
HK-47 said:
Yes, and apparently that guy who heads Cerberus

gah, I'm dying of Hype already.

In the first game, it's been mentioned that there are other alien races in the galaxy which are not part of the councel.

Yeah but aren't they mentioned to be passed the well known council space? (Sorry I can't be more specified, trying to translate the spanish names for it to english is not easy :/ )

Will that mean that we are going to jump to unkown Mass relays? Maybe passing of the geth one (the older Quarian planet) ?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Enduin said:
Wasnt it stated in one of the interviews or codec pieces that most of the aliens were humanoid because they all developed on similar planets with comparable weather cycles and atmospheres and suns to earth, thats why their day cycles are all within the same 23-25 hour range and they are all of similar height and what have you.

Id prefer the aliens all having the same general physique with a general theory behind it rather than random and arbitrary alien designs just for the sake of having something look foreign and weird. This is something about Sci-fi shows/movies that I always hate, especially in Star Wars. There would just be a plethora of random creatures with no real thought put into their design other than to have them look different.

I wasnt talking about them mostly being bipedal humaniods. Note me comment on the Turians facial differences. I talking facially.

I meant aside for the fact that everyone had a similar body structure, but thats a problem with most games, so I wasnt talking about that.

Chinner

Banned
PIMPBYBLUD said:
At 1:26 is that a geth shooting another geth? Is this possible multiplayer footage? Also if you guys haven't done so already I suggest reading the two ME books they are awesome!
Don't think so, but I see what you mean.
However, Everything ME2 we see in this vid looks fucking awesome, even the music is great and I'm terribly pumped.

Closed doors demo ? Meh.

Means we'll see nothing rite ?
No. The first time ME was shown it was behand closed doors, and even then footage was leaked and they officialy released on it XBL a few days after. I'm pretty confident they'l release a 'offical' trailer as well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Flek said:
i dont care about dragon age ... if they have to push dragon age to the year 2015 for us to get ME 2 this year i would agree

Rushing projects really helps them. Why not ask KotOR II!

DestinRL

HK-47 said:
Wouldnt he only if you throw your support behind him? Udina is still there.

Also didnt he blow up a research facility, not a village

Yeah he blew up the research facility causing the town near by to go up in flames. A bunch of people died.

Also, Anderson would be the human rep on the council

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
HK-47 said:
I wasnt talking about them mostly being bipedal humaniods. Note me comment on the Turians facial differences. I talking facially.

I meant aside for the fact that everyone had a similar body structure, but thats a problem with most games, so I wasnt talking about that.

Ohh ok, yeah I understand that. It can kind of tie into what I said, kinda, but that really comes down to animations and creating something that seems natural and believable for dialogue and for expressing emotions, and human faces are what we know best, creating something quite different would be a bit of a challenge. I think thats why all the non-human looking aliens all seem to just have flashing lights to signify that theyre talking.

Ramenman

itxaka said:
Turians were one of the best ones, the face without filters and blur is incredibly awesome. They just feel real.

Exactly. Turians were incredible. Actually even though you could see some bugs, I thought the alien models' close up in ME in general were an achievement.

Also don't take my caps post too seriously, it just pisses me off because first time I played it I couldn't choose from neither the "persuasion" nor "intimidation" dialog options were available, so I had to get him killed. And I thought NOOOOOOOOOOO ;;_;;; so I loaded an earlier save and pumped up my persuasion XP, then played the sequence again, choose the persuasion options, but somehow it wasn't enough and he still got killed.
But I do acknowledge that if he died twice it's because I was doing it wrong :p

Uncle

itxaka said:
Yeah but aren't they mentioned to be passed the well known council space? (Sorry I can't be more specified, trying to translate the spanish names for it to english is not easy :/ )

Will that mean that we are going to jump to unkown Mass relays? Maybe passing of the geth one (the older Quarian planet) ?

I'm pretty sure that the second game will take us outside of Citadel space and into the Terminus systems.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Chinner said:
Also, a minor detail from what I can tell it seems possible that people in the lower bowls (LOL!!!) of the ship seem to be fine and that its only the top of the Normandy that took damage. I say this because once Shepard walks through the door onto the top floor, the airlock opens and everything gets sucked out.

I would make a gif of it to demonstrate and because it looks nice, but alas, my computer is rather old.
30age9h.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
itxaka said:
gah, I'm dying of Hype already.

I dont think one game is a good enough time to introduce yourself to a new species though unless it was the focus. I've already given my comments on how unnaturally fast human developed FTL travel, encounter aliens and then were accepted into their ruling body. The game makes it seem like much more time had passed, especially since things like interstellar weapons companies were already well ingrained into the galactic economy. It just a case of not thinking time scale through.

I'd prefer alien interaction over combat, combat combat though.

Rad Agast

HK-47 said:

You're pro Terra Firma aren't you? You hate them alien scum huh?

I actually liked the subtle differences between the characters within each alien race. It's like when you look at pictures of Lions or Elefant, if you don't pay attention they pretty much all look the same but if you study them closely then you start noticing identifying features for each member of the species.

Kyoufu

HK-47 said:
He never made it to Spectre. He was being evaluated but Saren, cartoonishly one dimensional bad guy that he is, screwed it up for him and blamed the mission failure on Anderson.

Oh really..I thought he was made specter but then got demoted when Saren blamed the mission failure on him.....

Guess I'll need to re-play the game (again) before ME2 is out.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Kyoufu said:
Oh really..I thought he was made specter but then got demoted when Saren blamed the mission failure on him.....

Guess I'll need to re-play the game (again) before ME2 is out.

Read the books. Revelation is the story of Anderson and Saren, and Ascension follows events that occur after ME and introduce the probable main players of ME2.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Rad Agast said:
You're pro Terra Firma aren't you? You hate them alien scum huh?

I actually liked the subtle differences between the characters within each alien race. It's like when you look at a picture of a Lions or an Elefants, if you don't pay attention they pretty much all look the same but if you study them closely then you start noticing identifying features for each member of the species.

I hate immaturity. Asari are there for one reason.

Chinner

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
I didn't see anything in the OP so figure me if it's been answered earlier...

Is this currently 360 exclusive?
I know where you're going, and don't start please ;col.

itxaka

Defeatist
HK-47 said:
I dont think one game is a good enough time to introduce yourself to a new species though unless it was the focus. I've already given my comments on how unnaturally fast human developed FTL travel, encounter aliens and then were accepted into their ruling body. The game makes it seem like much more time had passed, especially since things like interstellar weapons companies were already well ingrained into the galactic economy. It just a case of not thinking time scale through.

I'm there with you. It seems a bit unnatural as they discover the first protean thing on 2148 CE. Next year they discover the Relay. By 2151 they have already a massive fleet.

By 2157, just 9 years after the first prothean technology, the first contact war starts.

For one, I am pretty sure that with only 9 years of prothean technology and space exploration, the Turians will have wiped the humans like a fucking dust.

By 2158 human learn about biotics thanks to the element-zero exposure.

By 2163 humans start investigating illegal AI.

By 2165 humans get a embassy in the citadel.

By 2171 humans and batarians are fighting for some colonies and Batarias get out of the citadel.

By 2183 humans and Turians create the Normady in a joint project, making it the first ultras awesome spaceship for the human fleet.

So all this from 2148 to 2183, not even 40 years. Plus biotics implants, hundreds of planets under human domain, Terra firme, etc....

Rad Agast

itxaka said:

I think you mean the Terminus System. From the ME Codex:

Codex Terminus System Entry said:
The Terminus Systems are located on the far side of the Attican Traverse, beyond the space administered by the Citadel Council or claimed by the human Systems Alliance. It is populated by a loose affiliation of minor species, united only in their refusal to acknowledge the political authority of the Council or adhere to the Citadel Conventions. These include batarians and Lystheni salarians.

Their independence comes at a price; the Terminus is fraught with conflict. War among the various species is common, as governments and dictators constantly rise and fall. The region is a haven for illegal activities, particularly piracy and the slave trade.

At least once a year, a fleet from Terminus invades the nearby Attican Traverse. These attacks are typically small raids against poorly-defended colonies. The Council rarely retaliates, as sending patrols into the Terminus Systems could unify the disparate species against their common foe, triggering a long and costly war.

The Terminus Systems has no government, but the Omega station serves as its trade capital, much as Tortuga was the main port of call for pirates in the 17th century Caribbean.

The turians mapped the Terminus Systems, prior to the First Contact War, with an interferometric array at the Attican Beta cluster and Gromar.

So from the direction Bioware is taking ME2's story and the atmosphere changes. It can be safely concluded that we'll be spending some quality time in that region of the galaxy this time :D

Top Bottom