• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video hits tomorrow

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
dejan said:
"One important thing that we also want to get across is that Mass Effect 2 is an awesome entry point into the universe, even if you've never played Mass Effect. Like a movie or book that's part of a larger series, you'll want to start it with by bringing people in with everything they need to know to like this story. For somebody who's played Mass Effect 2 without playing the first one, they're going to love how it starts and get right into the story, and when they run into a subplot, they'll have fun and make decisions."

Hm, maybe I read more into this than there actually is?

What are you reading into though? That seems a logical course of action for a mainstream RPG dev like Bioware who doesnt want anyone being pushed out just cause they didnt get the first game.

Chinner

Banned
dejan said:
"One important thing that we also want to get across is that Mass Effect 2 is an awesome entry point into the universe, even if you've never played Mass Effect. Like a movie or book that's part of a larger series, you'll want to start it with by bringing people in with everything they need to know to like this story. For somebody who's played Mass Effect 2 without playing the first one, they're going to love how it starts and get right into the story, and when they run into a subplot, they'll have fun and make decisions."

Hm, maybe I read more into this than there actually is?
please, i no ur a fanboy but please dont ruin a perfectly good thread with stupid pointless console speculation. jeeeeeeeeeessuuuuusss christ i come on the internet to talk about mass effect (among other things) and there you are in the corner "OMG OMG OMG ANIME ME2 POSSIBLY FOR PS3 OMG CAKE IS A LIE HTIS IS TRIUMP OMG ^_^"

get out of this thread or else i'll be real mad

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
syllogism said:
The best part of the dialogue wheel is how the right answer for your alignment is always at the same location so you don't even have to read anything

Well they did the same thing in their dialogue boxes in previous games, though they didnt highlight the good/bad answers in red/blue (hello Star Wars reference).

FrankT

Chinner said:
please, i no ur a fanboy but please dont ruin a perfectly good thread with stupid pointless console speculation. jeeeeeeeeeessuuuuusss christ i come on the internet to talk about mass effect (among other things) and there you are in the corner "OMG OMG OMG ANIME ME2 POSSIBLY FOR PS3 OMG CAKE IS A LIE HTIS IS TRIUMP OMG ^_^"

oh shieeeeeeeeeet :lol

EviLore said:
Epic stache, bro.

Indeed

Kabouter

HK-47 said:
Well they did the same thing in their dialogue boxes in previous games, though they didnt highlight the good/bad answers in red/blue (hello Star Wars reference).
Bioware games don't have good/bad choices.
They have Paladin/Douche choices.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kyoufu said:
I refuse to believe it. Shepard was the second human Specter.

SHE MUST BE OUT THERE.

If Shepard isn't in ME2, then they're probably going for 3 different leads in the trilogy and then maybe they all join up together for the final battle in ME3. Shining Force 3 style!

I'd be fine if he/she was dead. Did nothing for me outside of Jennifer Hale. Pretty cliche space marine type.

Stop being over-defensive please. Somebody doesn't like teaser for whatever reason, big deal?

Kyoufu said:
I refuse to believe it. Shepard was the second human Specter.

SHE MUST BE OUT THERE.

If Shepard isn't in ME2, then they're probably going for 3 different leads in the trilogy and then maybe they all join up together for the final battle in ME3. Shining Force 3 style!

Wait, Shepard was the first human Spectre, wasn't he? And Shepard is in the game. It's confirmed.

syllogism

HK-47 said:
I'd be fine if he/she was dead. Did nothing for me outside of Jennifer Hale. Pretty cliche space marine type.
The main character in Mass Effect 2 has amnesia and near the end it's revealed that
you're Shepard

Dizzy-4U

Sooo awesome! I'm getting a Dead Space vibe...
2d7cvlw.png

WAIT!!!...That's the freaking Normandy!!!!!
4vq1jd.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Too clean futuristic to be Dead Space. It is a very pretty dead ship though. Aliens it isnt however.

Chinner

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:
Sooo awesome! I'm getting a Dead Space vibe...
2d7cvlw.png

okay lets get this out of the way. this is ~shepard~.

i know some of you guys are too weak to think on your own, but come on this is like the final nail in the coffin. same armour (with the red shit signying his position on his arm), same stature and same helmet/visor. and hes also on the normandy. so if any of you are seriously considering some rebel/other marine sneaks onto the normandy and then wears his armour just for kicks then you are dumb. theres aloso loads of other evidence pretty much confirming this is shepard but this is good enough by its self.

dejan

Chinner said:

I miss your Retail Musing contributions.

syllogism said:
The main character in Mass Effect 2 has amnesia and near the end it's revealed that
you're Shepard

Fuuuck, must not mouse-over...

...Or I could click quote and see it anyway.
Fuck. Talk about a tired brain-fart. Fuck.

Dizzy-4U

angelfly said:
The teaser has me teased. I can't wait to see more. I've also got the urge to start another ME playthrough.
Same. I need to try the Pc version, even if my crappy Pc can't run it.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This is what every teaser should be like. I didnt think my hype for ME2 could get any higher but it has, every bit theyve shown so far looks outstanding. Im gonna go watch it again another 8 times just like how I played ME.

Zeouterlimits said:
Fuuuck, must not mouse-over...

...Or I could click quote and see it anyway.
Fuck. Talk about a tired brain-fart. Fuck.

Wait, you're in a Mass Effect 2 thread, yet you haven't played KOTOR?

Dabanton

APZonerunner said:
Can't wait for the closed doors demo. It is my very first appointment at E3 09 outside of the conferences and I cannot fucking wait.

You lucky bastard. :lol

The video was excellent,just enough new info and plenty of new footage as well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TouchMyBox said:
Wait, you're in a Mass Effect 2 thread, yet you haven't played KOTOR?

ME and Oblivion now wear the mantle of my first WRPG. KotOR couldnt have it forever.

Chinner

Banned
Also, a minor detail from what I can tell it seems possible that people in the lower bowls (LOL!!!) of the ship seem to be fine and that its only the top of the Normandy that took damage. I say this because once Shepard walks through the door onto the top floor, the airlock opens and everything gets sucked out.

I would make a gif of it to demonstrate and because it looks nice, but alas, my computer is rather old.

Chinner said:
okay lets get this out of the way. this is ~shepard~.

i know some of you guys are too weak to think on your own, but come on this is like the final nail in the coffin. same armour (with the red shit signying his position on his arm), same stature and same helmet/visor. and hes also on the normandy. so if any of you are seriously considering some rebel/other marine sneaks onto the normandy and then wears his armour just for kicks then you are dumb. theres aloso loads of other evidence pretty much confirming this is shepard but this is good enough by its self.

That suit is standard issue for naval officers. It could be anyone in that suit not just shepard. Just to toy with the thought.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kyoufu said:
Nope, second. The first was
Captain Anderson

He never made it to Spectre. He was being evaluated but Saren, cartoonishly one dimensional bad guy that he is, screwed it up for him and blamed the mission failure on Anderson.

Keikoku

Banned
Amazing, but we need to see more, E3 can't come soon enough !

Also the art direction has been improved a lot it seems. I like this dark orientation.

Chinner

Banned
Revelations said:
That suit is standard issue for naval officers. It could be anyone in that suit not just shepard. Just to toy with the thought.
but but but but the red marking on his arm!!!!11 Why would they send a officer onto a destroyed ship dude. ITS ~SHEPARD~

Nope, second. The first was Captain Anderson.
If I remember correctly, Captain Anderson was the first human to be considered as a spectre, but Saren blamed shit on him and his chance got pulled from him.

Flek

Banned
sooo fucking awesome really.,.. ME is the best 360 game imo, the best rpg this gen and the best sci-fi game out there. I loved every second of it ... iam so all over ME2 day 1

Oh and if you can user your old charackter i will go nuts

DestinRL

Chinner said:
but but but but the red marking on his arm!!!!11 Why would they send a officer onto a destroyed ship dude. ITS ~SHEPARD~

If I remember correctly, Captain Anderson was the first human to be considered as a specter, but Saren blamed shit on him and his chance got pulled from him.

You are correct. Anderson was only being considered and Saren killed a village full of people and blamed it on Anderson. He did not receive specter status. I have a feeling at the end of ME1 however he ended up on the council. I hope he did anyway.

EagleEyes

Wow, that was an amazing trailer. Mass Effect was my GOTY of 07 and this looks like it will blow it away. Cannot freakin wait.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DestinRL said:
You are correct. Anderson was only being considered and Saren killed a village full of people and blamed it on Anderson. He did not receive specter status. I have a feeling at the end of ME1 however he ended up on the council. I hope he did anyway.

Wouldnt he only if you throw your support behind him? Udina is still there.

Also didnt he blow up a research facility, not a village

itxaka

Defeatist
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Oh god I almost jizz on my pants. New aliens? Awesome.

So... do we know how far in the future from ME1 is this gonna be? I guess not too much, but I find kind of strange they are gonna show new alien races just like that, from nowhere.

Or maybe they will show the collectors? OMFG

Gah I have to relax. If somebody is at the e3 demo, please steal it for us.

Oh yeah, glad to know the the ones that were stupid enough to
kill Wrex on the first game
aren't gonna be able to have his greatness in the new one.

And glad to see that the combat lokks much more polished by the videos.

Top Bottom