• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video hits tomorrow

Linkzg said:
Is the PC verison out same day as the 360 version? If it is, I might need to replay it on PC so I can continue my story from that game instead of my 360 game.

Not sure on official confirmation but I think they were planning for a multi-platform release (360 & PC)

adama-rama said:
I loved what was at the end of that trailer.

Looks like rebelling a boarding party off the Normandy. Holy balls

I think I saw a new ship as well other than the Normandy.

jtyettis said:
Which brings up the other question surely we will get to see some of this in action either at MS's conference or some form? Seriously it can't be all behind closed doors? Right?
He said playable demo behind closed doors. So I think that negates the MSFT E3 conference demonstration...MSFT is going to have to extend their conference duration this year to fit all the awesome in....seriously

Chinner

Banned
i fucking knew they were going to destroy the normandy. shamefully i never made the prediction itself, but i had always thought they would of destroyed it so they could introduce a new ship and crew. however, it never came to my mind that it would be the basis for shepard 'dying'.

also glad they've introduced the abillity to destroy parts of robots and shit. being able to shoot legs of nad being able to see them crawl and shit will be cool

also that is shepard at the end.

Revelations said:
He said playable demo behind closed doors. So I think that negates the MSFT E3 conference demonstration...MSFT is going to have to extend their conference duration this year to fit all the awesome in....seriously
ME was shown behind closed doors the first time and the gameplay walkthrough was leaked and released on XBL. I have no doubt they'll release a 'official' trailer as well.

FrankT

Chinner said:
ME was shown behind closed doors the first time and the gameplay walkthrough was leaked and released on XBL. I have no doubt they'll release a 'official' trailer as well.

Yea that makes sense. A new trailer and then the behind closed doors demo and maybe just maybe a new DLC announcement.

Chinner

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Yea that makes sense. A new trailer and then the behind closed doors demo and maybe just maybe a new DLC announcement.
Thats pretty much what I'm expecting (made a prediction somewhere). We all know the arena DLC is coming, so it makes sense to release it at E3 while all the ME2 hype is growing.

Also, could someone put this up on youtube? My computer is terrible and I want to be able to watch it without the constantly video pausing and the abillity to pause and rewind.

FrankT

Chinner said:
Thats pretty much what I'm expecting (made a prediction somewhere). We all know the arena DLC is coming, so it makes sense to release it at E3 while all the ME2 hype is growing.

Also, could someone put this up on youtube? My computer is terrible and I want to be able to watch it without the constantly video pausing and the abillity to pause and rewind.

A new interview I ran acros today seems to suggest this as well;

Ve3tro and TAG: Can you talk a little bit about the final DLC of Mass Effect 1, and how that’s going to tie into the story of Mass Effect 2?

Casey Hudson: We haven’t announced it, but I think people in general know that we’ve got another DLC pack coming. We’ll be probably talking more about that later on this summer. But we are… we are planning to do something more, and again, we haven’t talked much about DLC for ME2, but that is another thing where there’s just so much great stuff that we want to be able to do in Mass Effect 2 beyond the first one.

http://ve3tro.com/3053/mass-effect-2-interview-with-casey-hudson/?

Lebron

Hypertrooper said:
2s0zr0g.gif

Amneisac

Mass Effect is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. This has ratcheted up my excitement for #2 about tenfold.

jergrah

Fantastic trailer - makes me want to go and replay ME right now. I hope Bioware has this on display at PAX this year - preferably hands on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sweet Jesus that hyped me up so damn much.

First off, the jump the graphics took thanks to UE3.5 = gorgeous. Especially stuff like the city scape, and the those robots - really loved when they showed off the shading on the Kurgan head... and of course the whole art & universe of Mass Effect in general...

How they described the combat & weapons got me the most hyped I think - for a action/shooter fan like myself, that is just music to my ears.

Incredible. Just when I didn't think I could love the Mass Effect world any more than I already do.

And thanks for the 720p link Hypertrooper - going to watch this again!

We will be visiting Omega. Also, BioWare is promising this:

1UP: With all of this talk about Mass Effect 2 being the dark second act, you're not going to follow the footsteps of another famous dark second act in a sci-fi trilogy, and give us a cliffhanger ending, are you?

CH: One of the biggest questions or concerns that we had during interviews of the first game, was people asking "wait a minute, if this is a trilogy, then does that mean that when I get to the end, there's just going to be a cliffhanger?" So what we promised people is that Mass Effect would have a huge climactic ending and you'll feel that you've beaten the game. You'll know that there's more, but you'll feel that you accomplished something. And I think we did that well, that's one of the things we had a lot of feedback on -- how strong the ending felt, even though you know the story is going to continue. We're definitely going to do that again; I think it's incredibly important that if you put time into a game, for a story, even though it's part of a trilogy, it doesn't matter: it's got to have a great ending, a huge climactic ending to make you feel like you've actually done something. And then knowing that you have some idea for what's in the third installation.

1UP: I'm just curious, how can you top the crazy Citadel-falling-apart scenario in the end? Will you be fighting on a planet that's cracking in half for Mass Effect 2's setpiece or something?

CH: I can tell you that you start to realize the scope of what you're doing when you go from ideas to developing concept art, and then starting to play through the initial versions. Regarding the ending, I can tell you that there are times where I'm talking with a concept artist or art director, and we're looking at what you're going to see and do with the ending, and we're thinking, "oh my god, this is huge, this is going really far." And people who thought that the first one had an epic scope, this is really jaw-dropping. Even after playing the first two-thirds of Mass Effect 2, you still won't be prepared for what you get to in the ending. It really expands the scope of the story in fun and surprising ways. That's what Derek Watts is referring to in the video; there're some places that are fun to do, but nasty for the end.

AWESOME!!!

I WANT THIS GAME NOW.

Rad Agast

Chinner said:

I'm still pissed at Bioware for not finishing the bring down the sky side story. I really hope they support ME 2 with a good number of DLC to make up for it.

syllogism

Jtyettis said:
2mcvmfb.gif

The hell it was. They give you just enough in this teaser to say what in the world happened to the Normandy and crew.
They didn't really show anything or even tease anything besides say that WE WILL SHOW NEW COOL STUFF AT E3

FrankT

syllogism said:
They didn't really show anything or even tease anything besides that WE WILL SHOW NEW COOL STUFF AT E3

Hence pre-E3 video. Yes they are just going hand to you right. :lol

Lebron

syllogism said:
They didn't really show anything or even tease anything besides say that WE WILL SHOW NEW COOL STUFF AT E3
That's what they called it a pre-E3 teaser. The hell were you expecting, a full 30min demonstration?

Oh my god...........
I'm absolutely exhausted but all I can do is smile.

Thank you Bioware. I want this (in my pants) right now.
It was the sound effects that immediately sucked me back in. Now that college is done I can fulfil my plan to replay Mass Effect.

Chinner

Banned
APZonerunner said:
24wufea.gif

Can't wait for the closed doors demo. It is my very first appointment at E3 09 outside of the conferences and I cannot fucking wait.
24wufea.gif

i predict this will be the crowds reaction throughout the demo

dejan

MirageDwarf said:
"One important thing that we also want to get across is that Mass Effect 2 is an awesome entry point into the universe, even if you've never played Mass Effect. Like a movie or book that's part of a larger series, you'll want to start it with by bringing people in with everything they need to know to like this story. For somebody who's played Mass Effect 2 without playing the first one, they're going to love how it starts and get right into the story, and when they run into a subplot, they'll have fun and make decisions."

Hm, maybe I read more into this than there actually is?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
syllogism said:
Hopefully they'll demo some of the thousands of planets you'll be able to explore, just like in the first game

It will be full of innovations, like the dialogue wheel.

Kyoufu

HK-47 said:
He's dead. Get the fuck over it.

I refuse to believe it. Shepard was the second human Specter.

SHE MUST BE OUT THERE.

If Shepard isn't in ME2, then they're probably going for 3 different leads in the trilogy and then maybe they all join up together for the final battle in ME3. Shining Force 3 style!

syllogism

HK-47 said:
It will be full of innovations, like the dialogue wheel.
The best part of the dialogue wheel is how the right answer for your alignment is always at the same location so you don't even have to read anything

Lebron

syllogism said:
I wasn't expecting anything until all the breathless replies in this thread
So you only have yourself to blame then? Cool, glad we got that straighten out.

RSTEIN said:
ME2 is probably already the best game ever.
You may be onto something here.

FrankT

dejan said:
"One important thing that we also want to get across is that Mass Effect 2 is an awesome entry point into the universe, even if you've never played Mass Effect. Like a movie or book that's part of a larger series, you'll want to start it with by bringing people in with everything they need to know to like this story. For somebody who's played Mass Effect 2 without playing the first one, they're going to love how it starts and get right into the story, and when they run into a subplot, they'll have fun and make decisions."

Hm, maybe I read more into this than there actually is?

Seems fairly clear.

Top Bottom