• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 pre-E3 video hits tomorrow

voltron

Ramenman said:
You're oubviously right. I mean look at the crap cantsheeshitcausewontshowshit vids we sometimes get during E3, I can't even imagine what we'd see in a pre-E3 vid :lol

My thought process exactly.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ramenman said:
Is that wishful thinking or the confirmed truth ? If they can pull this off I'll probably have some unfelt before feelings for the men who got the idea.
Confirmed.

When I spoke to BioWare’s Ray Muzyka about the things they’re fixing in “Mass Effect 2,” he had said that the developers were “reducing the elevator speed times.” We think he meant reducing load times; those elevator rides in “Mass Effect” couldn’t get any longer.

To clarify, we followed up with BioWare, and Casey Hudson, executive director of “Mass Effect 2″ said this to MTV Multiplayer:

“We have a completely new system to handle transitions between areas that speeds the load times and turns the loads themselves into part of the game experience. It’s one of many points of feedback we’ve heard and directly responded to in enhancing the gameplay in ‘Mass Effect 2.’”

Guess that means no more small talk or awkward silences.​

Sidequest are another thing they want to fix in ME2.

Uncharted worlds, they’re still optional but we want to make all of them feel important and feel like they’re all augmenting and improving your main passage through the game. They’re still optional but you’re going to really feel rewarded for having gone through them. It’s a much tighter experience as a result. Moment-to-moment intensity, being able to grab control of the conversations that we didn’t do in the first game.​

They also developed a different approach to level design that will hopefully help them avoid the mistakes in the first game.

Mass Effect can only get better from here whereas Bioshock they'll most likely mine for $$ and rape it of it's reputation.
Bioshock doesn't need a sequel for any reason beyond masturbatory purposes. So kudos for not being a 'tard.

:lol
Jordan Thomas, Fort Frolic and the 9 minute Hunting the Big Sister vid say to me that Bioshock 2 will improve upon the original quite significantly. Each to their own though. Bioshock has plenty that can be improved, as does Mass Effect - they are very similar in that respect IMO.

I just finished the first one off, wow wow wow i cant believe ive had a game of this level of asowmeness sat untouched since launch. Dear god it was epic, i have to say the choices in this felt alot more real than the choices in bioshock and alough people moaned about the elevators i didnt find them that bad alough i had it installed. Wow cant wait for the second one now.

Rad Agast

I don't the complaint with elevators but whatever.

Jtyettis, please update the OP with a link to the vid once it's up. Thanks.

supermackem said:
I just finished the first one off, wow wow wow i cant believe ive had a game of this level of asowmeness sat untouched since launch. Dear god it was epic, i have to say the choices in this felt alot more real than the choices in bioshock and alough people moaned about the elevators i didnt find them that bad alough i had it installed. Wow cant wait for the second one now.

Same here but I started my second run, which will be followed by a third.

FrankT

MirageDwarf said:
More than that.

This is pre E3 video though. We all know the good stuff is coming, but hopefully we get something decent here as well.

I guess this is just hitting on their main website? Not sure, but I hope they put it up on Live as well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
itxaka said:
Who cares about shepard? Wrex is the new hero in this one, well deserved.

It would certainly be more interesting than war hero marine number #3324233. Wrex is my favorite of the Bioware mercenary characters

StUnNeR H2K

I think the biggest upgrade they could do for this game is present different scenery... It got old clearing the same research facility over and over and over again... I'll probably be purchasing this either way since I really enjoyed the story.

Gowans

well after watching the new vid al I have to say is AWESOME STASH!

and sound's like everythings going to be ... better.. I'm shocked!!!

not a lot of info, new lighting system, new areas, guns, aliens and a focus on improving combat.

Next bring on E3 then the game please ;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Gowans007 said:
Mackem I can't believe you have just played this, it was my GOTY I told you how awesome it was GRR!!!

Ohhh Biowares Twitter

Isn't that really old?

Hunahan

Banned
Was this the first confirmation that choices from the first game carry through? (if players died, they are gone, etc?)

I know we were all hoping for it, but I hadn't heard them actually say it before.

recklessmind said:
Isn't that really old?

On the links along the right of the video, click the bottom one (it has a play symbol) and you'll be taken to the video section. Its the second one across (unlocked 14/05/09 etc)

FrankT

axegzr.gif

Massive hype would be understatement. Best Game Ever.

You kill off someone in the first game and you aren't going to see them anymore. Yes.

Mindlog

Gowans007 said:
Mackem I can't believe you have just played this, it was my GOTY I told you how awesome it was GRR!!!

Ohhh Biowares Twitter

damn

Broke down and watched it. I really don't want to see any more, but I know I will probably ruin it for myself. No willpower and all. Probably how I got crabs the third time.

*I have so many save files :lol
It'd be nice if ME2 came with a save file browser that recapped your choices.

Kyoufu

Sooooooooooo hyped. ME is still the best RPG of the gen.

Hopefully they've made changes to the inventory system and the combat too. I want to use the face buttons for different abilities.

Is the PC verison out same day as the 360 version? If it is, I might need to replay it on PC so I can continue my story from that game instead of my 360 game.

Zhuk

Banned
Sounds like the game is going to be awesome, so pumped for E3. Great to see the guys are really getting shitloads out of UE3 as well, the game should be even prettier than the first one and run better to boot.

Jtyettis said:
This is pre E3 video though. We all know the good stuff is coming, but hopefully we get something decent here as well.

I guess this is just hitting on their main website? Not sure, but I hope they put it up on Live as well.

Oh. I thought you were talking about E3.

dankir

Ah the music... fuck I can't wait for this. Just played through Mass Effect 1 for the 2nd time last month.

So good!!!

DuckRacer

Hunahan said:
Was this the first confirmation that choices from the first game carry through? (if players died, they are gone, etc?)

I know we were all hoping for it, but I hadn't heard them actually say it before.
They've said it multiple times.

What sucks though is that I won't have Wrex in my playthrough. :/ I wonder if I can rebuy ME1 and do a second playthrough with my Shepard and have ME2 recognize the second playthrough's decisions?

And that trailer = omg.

adama-rama

Neo Member
I loved what was at the end of that trailer.

Looks like rebelling a boarding party off the Normandy. Holy balls

FrankT

Revelations said:
Noooo behind closed doors demo!!?? Noooo :( was hoping it would be playable on the show floor :)

Which brings up the other question surely we will get to see some of this in action either at MS's conference or some form? Seriously it can't be all behind closed doors? Right?

Top Bottom