• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

What if Skyler forgive Walt, just before Gus tell him that it's "cook or be cook'd"(by the cousins)? :lol

Then Walt would have to choose between cook meth, lying to Skyler again or confront the cousins without telling her about them.

Mike M

Nick N
Yeah, I can easily see the show going that direction. If I were him, I'd say fuck that and go to Hank. Maybe work out a deal to bring down Gustavo and go into witness protection or something. But I'm not Walt and being in a situation where cartels are gunning for me would have me shitting my pants.

Now that I think about it, I agree with those of you who say it's likely Hank will get killed. Gus knows that he's Walt's brother-in-law, and Gus right now has a whole lotta leverage. He knows Walter's identity, can get access to his family, AND has control over the Cousins.

Walt is going to get played like a pawn this season.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Mike M said:
I still don't even understand what he was doing in the house at the end of the episode. Did he break in to take a shower (He doesn't have a shower at his place?), or did he take a shower because he had to break in by going through the crawl space under the house? Man's going loco, but everything he does is justifiable to him in his eyes, and everyone else's failure to understand how justifiable it is just pushes him further into loony land.
Pretty sure he's moving back in, which isn't going to please Skylar very much. First episode was Skylar's move, she told him she knows he is a drug dealer and tried to use that as leverage to get him to sign divorce papers - this week, Walts move was to try and get his foot back in the door and just decided to break in when that didn't work. Should be interesting to watch what happens next

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Is it wrong i actually smiled when jesse screwed over his parents? :lol

Great episode as usual, gus seems to be having a far more significant role then i was expecting, saul being in this episode, was great. His scene with jesse's parents was :lol

Still curious about the twins, what were they planning to do with walt when he got out of the shower? i assume they were going kill him, but if so, why did they back down? going be interesting how it all plays out. I just hope it doesn't end with them killing his daughter. (i doubt that will happen though).:lol

TheOddOne said:
I smiled too, I was like: payback is a bitch.

I'll third this. That was a great scene.

I'm still pissed that Aaron Paul didn't win the Best Supporting Actor Emmy he was nominated for last year, since he's phenomenal.

Persona7

Banned
dead souls said:
I'll third this. That was a great scene.

I'm still pissed that Aaron Paul didn't win the Best Supporting Actor Emmy he was nominated for last year, since he's phenomenal.
Yeah, that pissed me off. I was hoping he would win.

border

TheOddOne said:
I smiled too, I was like: payback is a bitch.
Payback? Did his parents ever do anything to him that warrants being screwed out of 400 grand?

I still found it funny, but I don't think they really had it coming.

B.K. said:
No. They're assholes. They got what they deserved.
How are they assholes?

Sometimes I think TV like this shouldn't be watched by some people. The writers and producers spend so much time breaking down the idea of judging people and labeling them as good or bad and then some internet dude comes along and decides this character is "badass" while this one is an "asshole." It kinda frustrates me, but I have to learn to let it go, since people are free to take away anything from art.

Anyway, I don't think Jesse really screwed them over. If I remember correctly, his aunt wanted him to have the house, so he still wound up with it, while he covering his parents' costs for the repairs.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Battersea Power Station said:
How are they assholes?

Sometimes I think TV like this shouldn't be watched by some people. The writers and producers spend so much time breaking down the idea of judging people and labeling them as good or bad and then some internet dude comes along and decides this character is "badass" while this one is an "asshole." It kinda frustrates me, but I have to learn to let it go, since people are free to take away anything from art.

Anyway, I don't think Jesse really screwed them over. If I remember correctly, his aunt wanted him to have the house, so he still wound up with it, while he covering his parents' costs for the repairs.
His parents didn't want him to have the house though. I'm pretty sure, jesse parents planned to score a profit on the house, however due to jesse telling saul about the whole meth lab thing, they didn't. Hence, he screwed them over, in a way.

And i agree, his parents don't seem to be practically bad people. Which explains my question in the original post heh.

mYm|17|

His parents aren't bad people. I mean they gave him so many chances yet he kept fucking up, so it's not their fault.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
CygnusXS said:
How aren't they? Like, explain yourself.

Only literature and tangible expressions (like paintings, sculptures) are art because, like, they're old and stuff.

Max

I am not Max
Spire said:
Only literature and tangible expressions (like paintings, sculptures) are art because, like, they're old and stuff.
Television and film is visual literature...

daw840

:lol :lol @ Spire.

Yes, because only your definition of art applies. So, is Music art? That's not really tangible now is it...

Eh, why are you guys dragging endless and useless conversations about what is or isn't art in here when art is largely subjective past the point of the basics. It doesn't speak to everyone the same nor does it expect everyone to see the same value in it. And I think it's clear that this show is about shades of gray where everyone has a reason or motivation to do what they do and that they all 'break bad' on some level or another according to their own justifications. If someone hasn't, I think it's just a matter of time and circumstance that they will. That's what I love about this show...that even if someone starts off feeling very easy to size up as some stereotype, it's only for the moment as they're all transforming at different rates and experiencing dramatic turns depending upon the actions and transformations of the others in their web.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
daw840 said:
:lol :lol @ Spire.

Yes, because only your definition of art applies. So, is Music art? That's not really tangible now is it...

Uh, I don't think I could have laid the sarcasm on any thicker.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
MightyHedgehog said:
Eh, why are you guys dragging endless and useless conversations about what is or isn't art in here when art is largely subjective past the point of the basics. It doesn't speak to everyone the same nor does it expect everyone to see the same value in it. And I think it's clear that this show is about shades of gray where everyone has a reason or motivation to do what they do and that they all 'break bad' on some level or another according to their own justifications. If someone hasn't, I think it's just a matter of time and circumstance that they will. That's what I love about this show...that even if someone starts off feeling very easy to size up as some stereotype, it's only for the moment as they're all transforming at different rates and experiencing dramatic turns depending upon the actions and transformations of the others in their web.
If there's any show that can inspire discussion on the value and interpretation of art, and the merits of television as creation as a whole, this is a good one to do it with.

late catching up on this episode.. great stuff as usual. splendid acting all around.. loved walt throwing the pizza on the roof ("i got your restraining order right here!") :lol

i love the little touches in this show like walt stopping by the motel pool to clean it out.

was good seeing saul again

Coop

I finally caught up to the show after I stopped watching about a year ago. Something clicked when I started rewatching it about two weeks ago and I went through the final 10 episodes in about 2 days.

Btw, the pizza on the roof scene was brilliant. If thats not considered art, I dont know what is.

I skimmed it quickly - mostly general spoilers about his story arc for this season along with a few hints/particulars about what's happening on this week's episode.

Just finished listening to Bob Odenkirk be interviewed on the most recent episode of one of my favorite podcasts: WTF with Marc Maron.

He only briefly talks about Breaking Bad, though it's a pretty great interview anyway. No spoilers except he says that he'll be appearing in
ten
episodes this season.

Link or just get it in Itunes.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
daw840 said:
Hmm, how bad are the spoilers? I want to read this, but am scared.

They're pretty bad, although I don't feel shitty for reading them. The biggest was a pretty obvious hint that
Hank is going to go after Heisenberg pretty hard and will discover it's Walt by the end of the season.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
One of the spoilers in the interview answers a question about the promo for next week.

PREVIEW SPOILER ONLY
Who Hank is fighting in the preview

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I finally catched up to the last episode. I just want to say that BB has some of the most beautiful and skilled cinematography I've ever seen in a TV show.

Wow.

finally saw the episode (why don't any hotels carry AMC?). fucking awesome. it seems like everytime i feel the show has leveled out or can't possibly keep pace, it exceeds expectations.

what i don't get is who ordered the cousins to go kill walt? he's clearly fucked at this time (either work for gus for 6 months or die). and even if walt agrees, that doesn't let jesse off the hook because he knows about the whole operation.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what i don't get is who ordered the cousins to go kill walt?
I assume the cartel wanted to take out whoever killed Tuco, so they sent the cousins to his uncle to figure out who it was. At the moment, I don't think the cartel knows that Walt was working with Gus. Not sure if I have that correct, but that's what I've been assuming.

New episode tonight.
AMCTV said:
Season 3 Episode 3, "I.F.T.":
Walt ignores Skyler's demands, furthering the rift between them and pushing her to break bad. Still suffering from panic and anxiety attacks, Hank crosses a line at work.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
those twins sure don't mind ruining those suits of theirs on a regular basis.

Skylar looking like a fool for calling the cops, in everyway, despite being right. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom