• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's how Tortuga's head got cut off. Awesome how the blood spattered on the Cousins face and he didn't even flinch.

Skylar looking like a fool, she deserves it.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Holy shit, Hank! Fucking crushed that guy's jaw on the bar, didn't he? I had no idea he had that kind of agility in him.

-htownplaya- said:
High Jesse > Sober Jesse

Hope he starts to realize he has nothing going for him besides cooking meth with Walt.
Yeah, sober Jesse is depressing. He needs Walt though. He needs somebody he can talk to about everything, and even though he can talk to Saul, Saul doesn't give a shit about him. Walt at least cares about his well being.

quick edit: Holy shit, the monies!

Ugh Skylar you whore!

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Did she says "I fucked Ted"?

And, well, mission accomplished Skylar, goddam.
She sure did. I had the CC on since there was a lot of whispering in this episode and it said "I f----d Ted" lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Man, Skyler's a cunt.

Good one this week.

I found the bar scene where Hank beat up those two dudes kind of weak. Both the bar and the people in it looked very cliche--leather clad, mean lookin bad biker dudes.

ezekial45

Banned
vatstep said:
Man, Skyler's a cunt.
I was thinking the same thing. Then I remembered the twins came into his house in the previous episode. If any of his family were still there, they'd be dead. Walt's an asshole for putting his family in this danger, without there knowledge.

I don't really blame her (for being angry), but then again the show has had us on Walt's side for most of the time. Even with all the lies and murder, we still feel for him. I supose this puts them on even ground now. Sort of.

yacobod

Banned
one of the guys in that bar was ufc fighter keith jardine lol (the guy on the left)

man i really hate skylar's character, not sure if its the actress or the character, but i've just plowed thru s1 and s2 of the show, and have watched all of s3 so far, i hate her

Ok fuck Skylar, I want her dead. Least what Walt did was for the benefit of his family. Skylar fucked Ted due to revenge and her self benefit. I'm adding Skylar to the list of TV wives I hate.

Next episode looks good.

SpeedingUptoStop

Skylar really stepped up this ep. Didn't much care for her either way before (stuff like smoking with a baby pulled me one way, caring about how arresting Walt would affect her children pulls me the other way). Standout ep for Skylar and Hank, mos def.

and the way that Skylar | Money | Walt scene was shot? Glorious.

Interesting note from the Sepinwall review:
Sepinwall said:
When you start with a premise like this show has, neither a happy ending nor a long run (Vince Gilligan has said in the past he envisions four seasons) are likely. And if neither of these turn out to be the exact fate Walt suffers, his end will be ugly - and deserved.
I kind of hope that Gilligan is starting to formulate an ending of some sort (whether that's after four or more seasons). The quality is sky high for this show, and I really want them to end it with us wanting more rather than having the show overstay its welcome and running the premise too thin.

SpeedingUptoStop

Cornballer said:
Interesting note from the Sepinwall review: I kind of hope that Gilligan is starting to formulate an ending of some sort (whether that's after four or more seasons). The quality is sky high for this show, and I really want them to end it with us wanting more rather than having the show overstay its welcome and running the premise too thin.
4-5 seasons seems just about perfect for this show, considering the short first season. I'm pretty confident Gilligan will, as he always has, take the show where he needs to go. If he comes up with an ending worthwhile enough, I don't doubt he'll take it.

I wonder how Walt Jr. would feel if he knew the whole story about his dad. I have a feeling that he would take that news better than his mom screwing another man.

SpeedingUptoStop

got2bekidding said:
I wonder how Walt Jr. would feel if he knew the whole story about his dad.
If the whole story includes his dad funneling thousands through the website Walt Jr. set up, I imagine he'd be impossibly crushed.

daw840

Fantastic episode as always.
Walt is not going to come out of this show alive I don't think. By that I mean the series finale will be his death. IDK though, I could be wrong.

I LOVED the way they did Jesse this week. Right when I was getting tired as hell of that
voicemail from the junkie chick, they cut it off.

got2bekidding said:
I wonder how Walt Jr. would feel if he knew the whole story about his dad. I have a feeling that he would take that news better than his mom screwing another man.

you have got2bekidding.

SpeedingUptoStop

daw840 said:
Fantastic episode as always.
Walt is not going to come out of this show alive I don't think. By that I mean the series finale will be his death. IDK though, I could be wrong.
He has so many avenues to death, surviving with this dread/guilt seems like the most surprising option to me. his family probably will leave him and he'll have done it all for nothing.

Sirpopopop said:
you have got2bekidding.
Well that is my name on here, but it's not like Walt was trying to hurt his family. I'm sure at first he would be upset, but would understand after the initial shock that he was trying to do good.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
If the whole story includes his dad funneling thousands through the website Walt Jr. set up, I imagine he'd be impossibly crushed.
Yeah, that part did suck. He would definitely not take too kindly to that.

got2bekidding said:
Well that is my name on here, but it's not like Walt was trying to hurt his family. I'm sure at first he would be upset, but would understand after the initial shock that he was trying to do good.

That sounds like something Walt would say, or rather think.

Looking at it from the outside -

a.Walt probably wrecked the lives of hundreds of people with his meth.
b. He subverted a website made with the best of intentions by his son for the purposes of money laundering.
c. Even though he had legal ways to get said money, he still does these actions.

'Doing it for his family' doesn't really stack up against that laundry list.

All the best of intentions does is reduce Walt from the status of cartoon villain to ordinary villain.

*This doesn't include the plane crash incident, which, the show is clearly putting on Walt's head as well.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
He has so many avenues to death, surviving with this dread/guilt seems like the most surprising option to me. his family probably will leave him and he'll have done it all for nothing.

I was thinking what if the show is actually the uprising of a drug kingpin (Walt), where he actually takes over as the head of the meth dealing aka Gus's job.

...Just a thought.

SpeedingUptoStop

Straightballin said:
I was thinking what if the show is actually the uprising of a drug kingpin (Walt), where he actually takes over as the head of the meth dealing aka Gus's job.

...Just a thought.
Yea, he's basically kept in check as being a permanent new drug overlord somehow, but at the cost of ever seeing his family again. i like that ending.

JaseMath

At first, Skylar fucking Ted seemed really cold, but the more I think about it, she was absolutely acting in the family's best interest. Just like Walt.

I really like where this season is going so far.

JasonMCG said:
At first, Skylar fucking Ted seemed really cold, but the more I think about it, she was absolutely acting in the family's best interest. Just like Walt.

I really like where this season is going so far.

Can you explain how Skylar fucking Ted benefits the family?

Fordzilla

I had an absolutely insane weekend and somehow managed to forget about this, the greatest show ever. How can I see the new episode??

Fordzilla said:
I had an absolutely insane weekend and somehow managed to forget about this, the greatest show ever. How can I see the new episode??
Reruns?
Code:
Mon. Apr. 5	1:02 AM	AMC	I.F.T.	#3.3
Thur. Apr. 8	2:00 AM	AMC	I.F.T.	#3.3

Sirpopopop said:
That sounds like something Walt would say, or rather think.

Looking at it from the outside -

a.Walt probably wrecked the lives of hundreds of people with his meth.
b. He subverted a website made with the best of intentions by his son for the purposes of money laundering.
c. Even though he had legal ways to get said money, he still does these actions.

'Doing it for his family' doesn't really stack up against that laundry list.

All the best of intentions does is reduce Walt from the status of cartoon villain to ordinary villain.

*This doesn't include the plane crash incident, which, the show is clearly putting on Walt's head as well.
I realize that Walt turned into a bad guy, but that's because he was ignorant. What his mom did was with full comprehension of what the consequences were going to be. One thing is for sure is that Walt Jr. has crappy parents. I don't know, maybe in the end, Walt Jr. won't want to have anything to do with both of them.

Also, I always thought the show was putting the blame on Jesse for the plane crash. Walt is bearing the guilt because Jesse was his responsibility, but it was Jesse's fault for getting the girl screwed up. I mean, wasn't it Jesse's stash that she found? It's not like Walt made Jesse into a junkie. Jesse was already screwed up when they first went into business together. I guess technically the blame could be placed on four people for the crash, the father, the girl, Jesse, and Walt.

JaseMath

-htownplaya- said:
Can you explain how Skylar fucking Ted benefits the family?
Walt now has a reason to grant Skylar the divorce and from the outside looking in, Skylar will largely be blamed for breaking the family apart. Walt will get to keep his good name with Walt, Jr. (for now), his criminal activity will be a secret (for now) and he'll be forced to succeed/fail on his own terms. Skylar will be able to separate herself from being an accessory to a meth cook, further damaging the family image. Even though Sklyar may have fucked Ted for her own reasons, at the same time, she was doing Walt a big favor even if she didn't mean to.

Wads

Banned
My first post in the Breaking Bad thread! I bought the S1 and S2 blus and got caught up with everything except for the new episode. Great show! Wish I would have started watching it earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom