• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just got through episode 5 of season 2 and really liking the second season a lot more than the first. I didn't dislike the first but it was hit or miss for me on most things. The second season seems a bit more confident, the world is obviously larger, and even the fight scenes seem better as well as seeming a lot out right gorier.

I guess the set up for everything from season 1 was worth it as even the characters have grown on me. I couldn't stand Quinn in the first season but him in full crazy mode is much more enjoyable and Sonny has grown on me a lot. That and Nick Frost really helps round things out on the humor end of the spectrum. The whole affair just seems like a real step up and is a lot more enjoyable.

The weakest element so far has been the stuff with the super powered monks. Its not bad and its cool to see the master is a woman but it kind of felt a bit rote. That and I'm not a big fan of the M.K.

zulux21

just finished season 2.

was a solid season despite a terrible character
in odette (none of her plot points were well done or interesting) up until the ending which was just terrible.

no emotions felt at all due to horrible writing at the end.

sunny has over 400 kills to his name, he knows far better than to leave a wounded man such as quinn around and not finish the job. It quickly became obvious what they were forcing, and instead of feeling sadness for losing veil just watched annoyed that the writers decided to ruin a mostly well written season with such trash at the end.

beyond that nothing good can come from sunny needing to watch over a baby next season :/

Catching up on the season. It's remarkable how much MK sucks. I'm on episode 4 and kinda annoyed Sunny isn't in more scenes, he's the only reason I'm interested in the show.

Spladam

Very Disappointing ending plot wise, felt super cheap and they did it just for the sake of it.

just finished season 2.

was a solid season despite a terrible character
in odette (none of her plot points were well done or interesting) up until the ending which was just terrible.

no emotions felt at all due to horrible writing at the end.

sunny has over 400 kills to his name, he knows far better than to leave a wounded man such as quinn around and not finish the job. It quickly became obvious what they were forcing, and instead of feeling sadness for losing veil just watched annoyed that the writers decided to ruin a mostly well written season with such trash at the end.

beyond that nothing good can come from sunny needing to watch over a baby next season :/

THIS. THIS. THIS. Damn, I'm still pissed about that ending,
all I was thinking after Quin fell was "fucking finish him off", I mean, how is he suddenly daft? My next thought is, "man I hope he kills her when he inevitably comes back to life"

That was a really cheap plot device, super lazy on the part of everyone. Don't know if I have it in me to watch it anymore, and according to wiki, the viewership is plummeting. Might not be back next season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sherman Augustus, Babou Ceesay & Ella Rae-Smith Join Season 3 As Series Regulars

Sherman Augustus (Westworld), Babou Ceesay (Guerrilla) and Ella-Rae Smith (Clique) have joined the Season 3 cast of AMC’s Into the Badlands as series regulars, and Dean-Charles Chapman (Game of Thrones) and Lewis Tan (Iron Fist) are set for recurring roles.

Augustus returns as a regular after being introduced in Season 2 as Nathaniel Moon, the former regent who lost his hand to Sunny. In Season 3, Moon joins forces with The Widow in her war against Baron Chau in the hope of avenging his feud with Sunny. Ceesay plays Pilgrim, a zealous warlord who is on a quest to recover a mysterious artifact from Azra that could tip the balance of power in the Badlands. Smith plays Nix, a teenager whom Pilgrim loves like his own child. He uses her dark abilities to enforce his will.

Chapman plays Castor, a teenager whom Pilgrim loves like his own child and uses his dark abilities to enforce his will. Tan plays Gaius Chau, who was imprisoned by his older sister, Baron Chau, for liberating her cog slaves. Gaius becomes a reluctant player in his sister’s war against The Widow.

Top Bottom