• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

They even have Beserk blades/movesets in previous games. Speaking of Berserk has there been a good anime adaptation so far? I remember the old OVA's being ok but stopping right before the series got really good.

The anime is best but it still doesn't do the manga justice. The third movie handles The Eclipse better though, and it goes slightly further than the anime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The anime is best but it still doesn't do the manga justice. The third movie handles The Eclipse better though, and it goes slightly further than the anime.

That's one thing the movie has over the anime. That and Skull Knight. Seriously, what was up with the anime cutting him out?

Jarate

Banned
Does Berserk have a dub? That would be an awesome show for toonami
although the manga is literally god tier compared the anime

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really need to read/watch Berzerk one of these days. I watched some of the bloopers for the older anime & those were rather funny.

LOLDSFAN

New Yamcha figure came out.

S9tn6KNl.jpg

#RIP #Never4get

Moaradin

I read the manga before watching the anime and movies. I recommend it because you might be able to enjoy them better if you understand what got cut out. Then you can fill the blanks yourself.

That's one thing the movie has over the anime. That and Skull Knight. Seriously, what was up with the anime cutting him out?

They probably figured they wouldn't ever go past The Golden Age so they thought he wouldn't be needed? Still, he's cool as hell and I don't know how they
escaped The Eclipse without him
in the anime.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sword Art Online Episode 10: Crimson Killing Intent

In which PBBBFFFFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHA

Okay okay. Let's back up.

So Kirito and Heathcliff have their duel and it's actually pretty good by SAO standards, but just as Kirito is about to win Heathcliff uses some kind of unbalanced broken pls nerf skill and beats Kirito. So Kirito has to join the Knights of the Blood Oath, which strangely Asuna treats like a bad thing (until she doesn't) even though she's a high ranking member? Kirito tells her about the guild he was in that got wiped, and Asuna promises she's not gonna die and she'll protect him, hugs, etc.

So Kirito has to go train as a part of his initiation and in addition to Trainer Guy there's Asshole Bodyguard from a couple episodes ago. Blah blah, learn to work together, whatever. But turns out Asshole Bodyguard is in fact an asshole, and he poisoned the team's water, causing a damage over time and paralysis to Kirito and Trainer Guy. He murders Trainer Guy and reveals he's actually part of a murder guild or whatever.

Also can I just say a murder guild is the dumbest thing to have in this SAO game? Every person you kill just raises the chances that you are also going to die in this virtual world.

Anyway, Kirito is about to die when Asuna saves him! Apparently she saw Trainer Guy's blip disappear from her map or whatever. She heals Kirito and attacks Asshole Bodyguard, but hesitates before killing him. Then Asshole tries to kill Asuna and Kirito blocks the sword with his hand, getting it chopped off but don't worry it apparently grows back later offscreen, and apparently he can pull a Harrison Wells and vibrate his hand through your chest or something, and he kills Asshole.

And then in the single most unearned piece of relationship dramatics I've seen in an anime, they collapse in each others arms and Asuna cries that it's her fault and she needs to stay away from Kirito, and Kirito says that his life belongs to her and BOY THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY and now he says he wants to spend the night with her.

So they go back to her place and they're just drinking tea calmly, then Asuna's like "WELP" and gets up, turns off the lights and strips down to her underwear, doing the whole i'm actually shy anyway blushing thing, and asks why Kirito isn't buck naked yet. Kirito is embarrassed and confused because he literally just meant he wanted to spend the night with her, not the other thing. She gets mad and punches him.

Then the next scene is her waking up in bed naked with him sitting on the bed because I guess they actually did the sex? Blah blah she had a dream about being in the real world and this one was just a dream and she didn't like it because the last two years were special, why don't we leave the front lines? Kirito's like okay, let's get married and she cries tears of joy.

odIep1r.gif
odIep1r.gif
odIep1r.gif

Now go read SAO chapter 16.5 if you want to see what was cut from that episode :)

Also in the novel Asuna straight up kills the body guard, the anime changed it to Kirito killing him

Htown

Now go read SAO chapter 16.5 if you want to see what was cut from that episode :)
Nah, I think I'm good.

I wish I knew where you guys had your reactions to SAO in the old threads so I could see what you guys thought as you were watching.

Jintor

Nah, I think I'm good.

I wish I knew where you guys had your reactions to SAO in the old threads so I could see what you guys thought as you were watching.

I was gonna make a masterpost of TTGL episode reactions since I missed half of them. Maybe after that I'll do some SAO reactions.

Is there a way to link to a specific point in a thread without straight up linking to the post?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, I think I'm good.

There's a certain episode that was hilarious looking back at the reactions. I will link to it once you get to it/review it.

Htown

So I saw Panty and Stocking episode 9 this week.
1) I love the music. So perfectly used. Both themes are also really catchy.
2) So the swimsuit episode. My god. Great first part. It was a little lewd without being too much. Very funny and I liked the villains in this one. Great episode.
3) the second part was kinda gross but it was also sad at the same time. I really liked how many references to romantic movies there was.

Jintor

SAO is a terrible anime and people who like it will very likely have incompatible taste to me

just reading that reaction thread brought it all back. urgh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DtPLmrf.jpg

This is a literal line from 16.5 btw

This is probably telling, but the thing offending me about that sentence is the writing is so bad. Like it is painful to me that writing that bad has been published and has made any kind of money, I am literally offended.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is probably telling, but the thing offending me about that sentence is the writing is so bad. Like it is painful to me that writing that bad has been published and has made any kind of money, I am literally offended.

To be fair, that wasn't in the official novel. It was only on Kawahara's SAO blog.
But the fact that all the other chapters with writing this bad got published, that's extremely offensive.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair, that wasn't in the official novel. It was only on Kawahara's SAO blog.
But the fact that all the other chapters with writing this bad got published, that's extremely offensive.

The rest of it wasn't much better and the fact he thought this was a good idea, well...

Gorillaz

I want to hear Demarco's actual thoughts on SAO in general.

Like is this mostly business, ratings probably high....does he actually like it

Gorillaz

a sit down with demarco with a few beers just talking bout toonami sound hilarious

"intruder 2? I passed that shit to the interns they still don't know what they are doing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom