• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.9 (Blue Dragon, VF5, The Crossing, Motorstorm)

FFChris

Downloading, thanks for the links.

How come the GAF always gets stuff like this so early? Or is it all a bit hush hush...

:lol

"When your loss column looks like the World Trade Center, and your win column looks like a flat in Greenwich Village...?"

MILKY FTW!!

Oh, and Mark? MaruMaro? Annoying? You broke my heart today. But holy shit at that Dog/Skeleton Monster's Fight. BRILLIANT.

Wow. VF5 looks really tremendous. I love the idea of actually distinct characters, like Shane was talking about. Come on, Sega. Make me do it. An Achievement for mastering each character. DO IT.

Now, in the arcades, you're fighting the person in the cabinet facing yours? That's pretty cool. GIves you your own zone, as opposed to two people at the same one.

WMV Download pasued at 27.7MB...Let's try that again in about 30 minutes

Wondering how many spoilers are shown in BD segment, some of the best moments in the game are encountering new monsters.

MarkMacD

CountZeroInt said:
WMV Download pasued at 27.7MB...Let's try that again in about 30 minutes

Wondering how many spoilers are shown in BD segment, some of the best moments in the game are encountering new monsters.

It's all from the first disc, nothing too serious. Please watch! :)

OH SHIIII

Ryan drops the Wipeout bomb when describing Motorstorm. Thanks a lot, dude. I'm writing "Ryan's Fault" in the memo section of a check to EB Games for $672, dated March Whatever, 2007.

Nice one.

EGM92

Keeps stalling at 43% and when downloading a 519mb file and it stops nearly halfway through it's a pain in the ass.

kenta said:
Ryan there's a typo in the GameVideos plug during the VF5 segment, it should be:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8074

but it says:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/8074

which leads to a 404

Thanks for the catch dude.... It's probably just gonna have to stay that way unfortunately, cause it would take a great many hours to fix that. I told Mark and Demian to leave the HD Montage video as a featured item on Gamevideos for the next few days, though. So if you're looking for it, you should be able to find it.

P.S. - The Quicktime version of that VF5 video is hoooot.

kenta

Has no PEINS
binaryburrito said:
Thanks for the catch dude.... It's probably just gonna have to stay that way unfortunately, cause it would take a great many hours to fix that. I told Mark and Demian to leave the HD Montage video as a featured item on Gamevideos for the next few days, though. So if you're looking for it, you should be able to find it.

P.S. - The Quicktime version of that VF5 video is hoooot.
Well I realize what it would take to fix that so I mentioned it thinking you might be able to set up a redirect page to send people from the 404 to the real deal

I'm just now hitting the MotorStorm segment and I completely empathize with you about the motion controls. I gave them another shot the other day for a few races then went back to analog and it felt like I'd suddenly forgot how to play a racing game, it was really weird

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awesome... I needs me some Blue Dragon footage!

And despite there being no online, I may get a kick out of VF5 as well - too bad this was already done before the press release and the monster GAF thread!

Streaming now as I eat!

GreekWolf

Blue Dragon looks amazing. I'm glad they only showed brief clips from the start of the game, because Bep and Duck said the truly "wow" stuff comes once you get to disc 2. I don't wanna ruin the surprise. :D

VF5 has always looked tremendous... but ugh at that soundtrack. It reminds me of an early 90's Capcom game.

Great show, as always. I might be the only one, but I love Kathleen.

Top Bottom