• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't. I'll be reading the article when you guys are.

Uhuh, sure, don't act like you don't already know what it says. We all know you guys took DF out for a night on the town and bribed them with steamy dirt.

Likely chain of events,

The meet,
tumblr_ninmbxMVaF1sniwa4o1_500.gif

The deal,
value-proposition.gif

Which led to...
giphy.gif

Little later,
giphy.gif

i.chzbgr.gif

DF next morning,
joaquin-scared-of-aliens-o.gif

Deal Sealed.

You can't get anything past Gaf man. When will you learn? Shame on you for ruining their reputation like this.

Why wouldn't they announce price?

I think it's possible they could. Would make more sense to announce price and release date at a later event. The smart move would be to milk this and keep Scorpio in the headlines.

Reveal specs in April. Reveal price, name and finished product at a dedicated MS press conference in May. Reveal games in June at E3.

Obviously, we'll hear something about games, or at least one game this Thursday. DF needs something to test, after all.

Edit: ^ never post 5 fucking gifs in one post

Holy shit you had me going "wtf" for a second. They hopefully go all out with this game at E3. The only reason to skip E3 would be if they'd show enough Thursday or Gamescom and have a brand new IP at E3. But none of that is the case.

Yeah I am quite looking forward to this game. It's been too long and Crackdown 2 didn't exactly scratch that itch. :)

Imagine me when someone passed me the link, and I didn't noticed the date XD

I wonder why it never happened, the license was too expensive at the time perhaps and Mass Effect was the focus. Glad we got Mass Effect though.

Bioware did KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect.

Good times. Microsoft need to get back to original Xbox and 360 creativity.

Indeed good times

Uhuh, sure, don't act like you don't already know what it says. We all know you guys took DF out for a night on the town and bribed them with steamy dirt.

Likely chain of events,

The meet,
tumblr_ninmbxMVaF1sniwa4o1_500.gif

The deal,
value-proposition.gif

Which led to...
giphy.gif

Little later,
giphy.gif

i.chzbgr.gif

DF next morning,
joaquin-scared-of-aliens-o.gif

Deal Sealed.

You can't get anything past Gaf man. When will you learn? Shame on you for ruining their reputation like this.
Holy shit lmao

Xumbrega

Banned
Oh very subtle Major Nelson

I've joked that there is probably a reason that Splinter Cell: Blacklist is not BC yet

Maybe this is a massive hint why. Make it a pre order bonus.

hopefully you are right, we need a new SC

I can see MS funding/moneyhating a new Splinter Cell

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
They're giving an exclusive 2 digital Foundry? That's pretty smart period seeing how DF was Microsoft's main antagonist during the launch of Xbox One. It only took a few years comma but they want to preemptively silence the noise.

jelly

Do you have any idea the state in which Kotor 2 came out like?

Yeah, it was rushed beyond belief. 1 year 5 months after KOTOR. Crazy. Lucasarts botched that badly. Shame, Obsidian got screwed over and still managed something really good after fixes of course.

thumb

Banned
I remember thinking, "Microsoft should give the reveal to Digital Foundry" but it felt pie-in-the-sky to me.

Super great that it actually happened. And thanks, MS, for handing this to a group that you know will carefully scrutinize the machine's output.

holy shit man that almost gave me a heart attack

could you even imagine a Fable done by CDPR? damn.
Someone sent that to me on April fools day and I lost it on them lol.

Would be pure awesomeness

Oh man this would be heaven
I was about to use that word in my above response and then noticed I would be saying the same thing you did.

You erase this. Erase it now. My heart...
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I got trolled so now by law everyone else must

So, let me get this straight, some are assuming DF is being coerced by MS to fabricate the technical specifications of a device which goes on sale this winter? The outcome of which could potentially turn the tide of the console wars forever?

Digital Foundry just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about pixel counting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in IGN where you can become successful by being a shill. If you screw someone over on pixel count, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the image quality enthusiast public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Scorpio, nor will they ever trust Digital Foundry again. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Digital Foundry has alienated an entire reader base with this move.

Digital Foundry, publicly apologize and cancel the piece on Scorpio or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Even if DF were shills over this, which they aren't, I don't give a fuck I'm excited for any Scorpio news and it has to come from somewhere right?

Edit: I are dumb!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I can see where MS is going with this, and on the surface it looks like a good idea, but they seem to constantly forget that everything they do is constantly met with the greatest suspicion of sinister motives. As a result MS and DF should have expected lots of accusations of bias or payola or whatever. MS probably thought "DF is trusted and we think we have a technical winner here, it will be more believable coming from them." and DF thought "This will drive clicks like nobody's business, plus we'd really like to get our hands on Scorpio from a tech-angle". But in the end it's just going to end up hurting DF in some people's eyes and those same people won't believe DF's commentary on Scorpio any more than they would have an MS suit.

Sony fans should be happy about this news if anything. This exclusive and the accompanying distrust it brings will give them ammo to invalidate the results of any head-to-heads that Sony may lose in the months following Scorpio's release.

This is some Trump level stuff right here. Fake news!!!!

Xumbrega

Banned
CD Projekt Red wouldn't be the worst fit. I don't know if they could nail the British charm though. I love Fable II's English countryside aesthetic with the cottages.

I wonder what Playground is doing, they're working on a non-racing game. They are also British.

CDPR, Rare or Playground would be a good fit

hopefully you are right, we need a new SC

I can see MS funding/moneyhating a new Splinter Cell

Would not suprised me...sc was an original xbox exclusive.

There was a report a while back that they were working on a new splinter cell and that ironside was also back recording audio

Getting hyped

wwm0nkey

CD Projekt Red wouldn't be the worst fit. I don't know if they could nail the British charm though. I love Fable II's English countryside aesthetic with the cottages.

I wonder what Playground is doing, they're working on a non-racing game. They are also British.

Yeah I would have faith the combat would be good, but half of Fable is the humor. The canned edgy Fable 4 sounded like ass

Digital Foundry just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about pixel counting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in IGN where you can become successful by being a shill. If you screw someone over on pixel count, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the image quality enthusiast public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Scorpio, nor will they ever trust Digital Foundry again. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Digital Foundry has alienated an entire reader base with this move.

Digital Foundry, publicly apologize and cancel the piece on Scorpio or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I'm not sure the dozens of you have the impact that you think you do.

Kar L

So, let me get this straight, some are assuming DF is being coerced by MS to fabricate the technical specifications of a device which goes on sale this winter? The outcome of which could potentially turn the tide of the console wars forever?
no, it's mostly just people like you bandwagon freaking out and piling on over a couple random internet posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom