• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastbound & Down - Season 4 - Kenny Powers is back for 8 episodes - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty sour on season 3 too, by the end of it. The thing I loved most about the show were the glimpses you got of Kenny as a vulnerable, depressed person, completely incapable of relating to other people. Show was always hilarious, but it was grounded by the sad idea of him being a real person with no fucking idea of how to change for the better. Season 3 sort of dropped that, and went even goofier. Still funny, but it just didn't have the same appeal for me.

One day to go! :D

OM5YCIq.gif

It's cool, guys. The only other TV show this guy's seen is The Wire.

There's absolutely no story structure, its like they had no idea what to do with Kenny once he was actually paying baseball again, and then shoehorned all existing characters into the show. Don't even get me started on Jason Sudeikis awful fucking character. The season had one good scene and its when Shane dies to Walk Like An Egyptian.

And I'm one of the few who actually finds season 2 > season 1.

Vert boil

I needed a distraction from the sunday night thing so I finally got round to watching this over an extended weekend. I'd tried it a few times before but didn't get past the first two episodes. Although it isn't a great
or good
show there are quite a few hilarious bits sprinkled throughout.
Kenny is such a dick. When he walks into a room full of kids and starts swearing like a sailor... always cracks me up.

Show highlights: "There is no I in team, but there is a U in cunt. So don't be little jealous cunts, okay."
kenny234ijum.gif

Sooo dumb :D

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=pfwQvnty

April: Ripping open shirt, Fight at putt-putt

Casper: Licking finger

Kenny: School dance (twirl, hip pump, jizz, Slide), Point, Oooh (blowing hair), Premature Ejaculation, Dollar dollar bills, Oooh (at Vida), Ooh mmm, First baseball park entrance (running out, middle fingers, ...licking don't post this one, humping, twirling flag, explosions), Macarena, Trident (twirling, guitar, thrusting), Ballpark entrance (hanging on gate), Throat slit, Hand gun, Buries head in sofa, Snorting pills, Uncle Sam jetski (#1, #2), Lighting firework in club, Looping firework, Blowing out flame, On mound with team (Jerkin')

Shane: Laughing with Kenny, Finger pumping

Stevie: Jerkin', O face, O face (with hooker), Talcing family jewels, Freddy Krueger (I'm your worst nightmare, Posturing with Kenny)

Vida: Bubble butt, 8), Quick cuts between Vida and Kenny

Announcer at supermarket clapping

The machinegun gif is enough to make me watch the fourth season after the bownbeat third season.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I would encourage you all to check out Danny's radio show in GTA5. Very Kenny Powersish in presentation. It's on Blaine County Radio when you drive up north.

I would encourage you all to check out Danny's radio show in GTA5. Very Kenny Powersish in presentation. It's on Blaine County Radio when you drive up north.

It's basically Kenny Powers, just ran into it today for the first time. Very good stuff.

How was it? I'm gonna assume not many people watched due to breaking bad. Eastbound is top tier for me but it had to take a back seat tonight for BB. Will watch tomorrow.

Nether!

Really enjoyed the episode, looking forward to the rest of the season to see Kenny's plan.

Two notes:

- Everyone was super sweaty all the time
- When April is giving her speech there is a quick cut to a guy in a blue shirt giving Kenny two thumbs up. This made me laugh ridiculously and I rewatched the part a few times.

- When April is giving her speech there is a quick cut to a guy in a blue shirt giving Kenny two thumbs up. This made me laugh ridiculously and I rewatched the part a few times.

That was a fellow background actor here in North Carolina by the name of Glenn Blackwood. He played militia on Revolution.

I really enjoyed the episode (as I do all of them). It films in Wilmington, NC. I've never seen so many people I know in a single episode of something before. A lot of great shots of background actors in this one!

I worked on the series finale a couple of times. I'll come back and talk about the fun that was after it airs.

Robot Pants

I thought I was gonna hate this, and I loved it.
I'm hooked again. I hope this is great like season 1. Everything from the 2nd car race til the end was fantastic. I was dying

GavinGT

Banned
The return came out of nowhere for me. And what a great episode! I loved the build-up, where you could tell at any moment Kenny's true form was ready to come bursting back out.

Honestly, that was an absolutely fantastic 30 minutes of television. It could have been a short film: Itcalled back to former seasons without relying on them, there was character development, the music and cinematography were obscenely good for "TV" and the release when Kenny flipped out was cathartic.

I think the most telling line on where they are going with themes this year were his interactions Toby.

Two words: brownie points.

Other than Tim Heidecker again inexplicably worming his way onto something I love, a great return. I loved the three seasons we got but if this is the quality when HBO begs and wins I'm all for it.

inm8num2

Great premiere. There is a genuinely enjoyable character arc for Kenny Powers. That's what I love about the show - it feels more real than most other dramas.

xenist

I love Ken Marino like a fat kid loves deep fried stuff. Like a Justified hooker loves meth. The "brownies" line killed me.

megamerican

This was a great pick me up after Breaking Bad. I agree that S3 went off the rails a bit. It seems back on track now.

xenist

If you ever want to switch up from the Robocop "O" face:

ExjzBha.jpg

Look at that little asshole. It's plain as day how he's thinking of supplanting Kenny's position as man of the house. Shifty motherfucker who doesn't even eat his carrots. I mean what kind of depraved monster doesn't eat his carrots? Should I add that I was eating carrots when watching this?

But it's not awkward enough to be honored with an avatar.

RangersFan

that was one of the best episodes of the series. i like how they set it up for kenny this season. slowly watching him crack out of his domesticated facade was amazing. i forgot how much i love this show.

Bread

Banned
ken marino is so good, he is a great fit for this show.

and Tim's impression of his mother in law was hilarious.

all in all, couldn't expect any better from the premiere. can't wait to see where kenny goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom