• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Worldwide initiative where GT6 sales help Ayrton Senna Institute

Ayrton Senna Institute will be getting a fraction of money per every GT6 sale. The IAS been working to create opportunities for human development to children and young Brazilians.

In the PlayStation exclusive game title "Gran Turismo®6" to be released on December 6, 2013, content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be provided through online updates, enabling players to trace the roots of Ayrton Senna's racing career.

“For us, it’s very special to have Ayrton as the main highlight of Gran Turismo®6. It represents victories that Brasil won far beyond just the sport. It's the Brazilian spirit, perseverance among challenges, and victory achieved through great effort. Ayrton also represents the creative intelligence, courage, and solidarity with friends and strangers. These are values that we Brazilians cultivate and saw represented in the figure of that champion, which added to this a meticulous technique," said Viviane Senna, the sister of the late triple champion and president of the Instituto Ayrton Senna.

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo, who presented the game at the press conference added "Ayrton Senna has always been my hero, and I'm honored to be able to work as a partner with the Ayrton Senna Institute which has carried on his legacy. If it wasn't for Ayrton Senna, I don't think the video game, Gran Turismo, would ever have been developed. Nothing makes me happier than to relay the gratitude of Ayrton Senna Foundation, to all the players of Gran Turismo®6."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5354623.html

Thanks Solid Snake

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2013-10-2501_16_12-adm7b04.png

Mugatu

That's nice of them but having Senna on the box is a huge thing so it's more an investment in marketing than something altruistic.

CSX

Does that mean Senna's F1 cars be free DLC for Brazil copies as well?

hell are his cars even in the game?

But still nice of them to do

That's so awesome. I really feel the industry should be doing WAY more charity and fundraising for compromised children. Games is the perfect outlet to do such. GG Sony.

Thats awesome.

Good cause and I hope the Senna content is cool.

Can GT get his f1 cars or would they be a legal nightmare to licence?

In the PlayStation exclusive game title "Gran Turismo®6" to be released on December 6, 2013, content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be provided through online updates, enabling players to trace the roots of Ayrton Senna's racing career.

“For us, it’s very special to have Ayrton as the main highlight of Gran Turismo®6. It represents victories that Brasil won far beyond just the sport. It's the Brazilian spirit, perseverance among challenges, and victory achieved through great effort. Ayrton also represents the creative intelligence, courage, and solidarity with friends and strangers. These are values that we Brazilians cultivate and saw represented in the figure of that champion, which added to this a meticulous technique," said Viviane Senna, the sister of the late triple champion and president of the Instituto Ayrton Senna.

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo, who presented the game at the press conference added "Ayrton Senna has always been my hero, and I'm honored to be able to work as a partner with the Ayrton Senna Institute which has carried on his legacy. If it wasn't for Ayrton Senna, I don't think the video game, Gran Turismo, would ever have been developed. Nothing makes me happier than to relay the gratitude of Ayrton Senna Foundation, to all the players of Gran Turismo®6."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5354623.html

They mention that this is a long-term partnership. So i'd expect Senna to be connected to GT going forward.

Mikey Jr.

Awesome thing to do for Brazilians, especially considering they are getting royally fucked with the price of the PS4.

some call it charity, some call it marketing.
Money is going to the institute isn't it? Then it's charity.

Also where did the Worldwide come from. I got the impression that only sales of the bundle would help the institute abd the bundle was exclusive to Brazil.

I'm seeing this in a more pragmatic fashion: If good is being done for marketing, good is still being done. There's no true selflessness, might as well applaud what we can get.
There isn't a law of nature precluding it. And it most certainly does exist. This is not it.

But I won't let the perfect ruin the good.

So this organization gets a portion of the proceeds of each sale of GT6 worldwide? Or just the Senna PS3 bundles? Does anybody know the portion?

Top Bottom